Lake balls

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
In all fairness it probably is a "head" thing. If I knew for sure where the balls were found, and they could say that they came from the rough then I would be more comfortable. But for me it's the uncertainty of how long they've been submerged and the effect on the integrity and mechanics of the ball.
As I say, it's probably a mental thing but golf is a mental game (in all senses of the word ;)).

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you are paying £20 a dozen for lake balls then clearly you may as well buy new. I made it clear that I pay a fraction of that, always have. Maximum I've ever paid is 45p a ball, always a mix of pearl and A. I buy in winter when prices are lower, always Callaway, Srixon or Taylormade. If you dig around it's not hard. If you want mint pro v1's then clearly you pay more but bargains are out there.

Never quite sure why some are so anti lake balls. Don't buy them if you don't want to but plenty of us are very happy using them. Let us be.

Some people are anti lakeballs because they have concerns, some based on real experience, others based on what they hear. Nothing wrong with that. It's their choice, experience and opinion. Expressing that opinion or real world experience is simply that - no one is telling you not to buy them. I don't understand why sharing an opinion is 'not letting you (people who buy and are happy with lakeballs) be'

I don't see harassment - just people sharing their experiences of lake balls and value of same. Lets be OK to have different opinions and feel free to share them