Justin Rose - Equipment change

Wolf

Visit site
shocked to see him leave Adidas
I'm not I think he perhaps sees this as the twilight and pinnacle of his marketability in his career been world No1, a huge fan favourite has potential to contend in majors, is back with a guy in the indsurty that knows how to market him and his clubs at Honma hence the Rose Proto irons that will probably find there way into high end stores and people's bags, create his own label under Bonobos for clothing and start forging a path in business that takes him beyond golf when the time comes.

If I'm right and that's his plan it's very smart business and full credit to him.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen the pictures he has posted in Instagram.. He is not a natural born model is he :ROFLMAO:

Think he will try and create his one line with them so they can launch a golf specific range

I think they already have a golf specific range. Bud Cauley wears them on tour already.

Wolf

Visit site
I think they already have a golf specific range. Bud Cauley wears them on tour already.
Quite possibly there doesn't seem to be much I can find online other than not available in mainland Europe so will do some more digging, but someone like Rose as a marque signing I think will signify a new brand under them at some point much like Honma probably create the signature series iron.

Smart business even if I am wrong and fair play to him.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Definitely looks Adicross to me and I heard of a JR range a while ago but not heard anymore since. I saw the wedge pictures earlier. They looked fabulous

Definitely wrong.

As I said yesterday, my understanding is that TM were willing to cut their ties, now whether Adidas did likewise or Rose decided a clean break and negotiate elsewhere for a better deal I don't know but he won't come cheap!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
:LOL: Do you really care enough about what a pro golfer is wearing enough for it to be a 'shock'? He'll wear whoever offers him the bigger shedload of money to wear it. What clubs he's hitting with is interesting, what clothes he is wearing is not.

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
:LOL: Do you really care enough about what a pro golfer is wearing enough for it to be a 'shock'? He'll wear whoever offers him the bigger shedload of money to wear it. What clubs he's hitting with is interesting, what clothes he is wearing is not.

The shock was that he's cut almost all his ties to Taylormade/Adidas after 20 years. And although you're clearly not, some of us do find it interesting what clothes they wear!

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
There had been a rumour mid summer that TM were looking to let one of the big boys go as tiger was playing more and he is on a pay as play contract, was not really surprised after Sergio went last year either. It was probably somewhat a mutual decision with TM looking to free up funds and JR looking for freedom of contract

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

You need to harness your inner Gok Wan.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Really?

Mate, the forum is still in shock that a grown man wouldn't spend a pony and buy a Red Polo Shirt to represent their club.