Justin Rose - Equipment change

D

Deleted member 15344

It would be an impressive line up but you would also maybe worry about the level of funds they are giving out to get the players to try and break into Europe/USA - it certainly seems like something King would do but would hope they are sacrificing a bit of their company soul as such. Maybe its rumour over drive beyond Rose. Thought Casey at least would stick with Mizuno, and sort of expected Molinari to sign with TM

The next big one will be Fleetwood and what he does

Wolf

Visit site
Agreed and it'll be interested to see how he goes with the new gear. There have been some that have struggled when changing clubs.
Lots of Pro back in the day had dips, but I think modern equipment kind of negates this now and they're such athletes and spend so much time with manufacturers tweaking things until they match exactly I think it's no longer the case that changing brands is such a big thing.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As it's Honma he'll have his choice of shaft and grip so he'll probably stick with the C-Taper.
It's only the head that'll be different and he will have worked with them to produce something that works.
The pics out there show that the head isnt hugely different to most other blades.
I'm sure he'll be fine

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Casey seen with a Honma sparking more rumours. Apparently after Nike he only had a TM deal for woods.
Edit: just seen this was mentioned before. Now he is using one this will only fuel the rumour.

Wolf

Visit site
Having had a look at the honma kit off the back of all the speculation, am I the only one that doesn't really like the look of them.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Casey seen with a Honma sparking more rumours. Apparently after Nike he only had a TM deal for woods.
Edit: just seen this was mentioned before. Now he is using one this will only fuel the rumour.

Casey and two other high profile golfers (European) have been rumoured. I only knew JR was definite due to being told by someone. I also don't believe JR was actually offered a new deal or certainly not offered a "better" deal to stay at TM.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think one of the issues Justin might have this year is continuing to play at the high level he has for the last 18 months or so. At some point that has to come to an end and with the switch of equipment people/the media will be quick to jump on and say that he is struggling due to the new equipment and shouldn't have changed. When it is likely that he was just cooling off after being so consistent for a while.

I hope he continues to play well and I know he won't be bothered about all the comments of why change from what got you to world no. 1 etc. He wouldn't have switched if he didn't think the clubs would work for him. He's obviously happy and it would seem that he is going to get to have some input to designing some clubs from a couple of his posts on his new deal.

As for the clubs, I think they look good. They wouldn't work for me but for a pure ballstriker like Justin I can see why he was interested. The wedges look great too, that he posted last night.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I think one of the issues Justin might have this year is continuing to play at the high level he has for the last 18 months or so. At some point that has to come to an end and with the switch of equipment people/the media will be quick to jump on and say that he is struggling due to the new equipment and shouldn't have changed. When it is likely that he was just cooling off after being so consistent for a while.

I hope he continues to play well and I know he won't be bothered about all the comments of why change from what got you to world no. 1 etc. He wouldn't have switched if he didn't think the clubs would work for him. He's obviously happy and it would seem that he is going to get to have some input to designing some clubs from a couple of his posts on his new deal.

As for the clubs, I think they look good. They wouldn't work for me but for a pure ballstriker like Justin I can see why he was interested. The wedges look great too, that he posted last night.

As I touched on above, I'm not convinced TM offered him a new deal and we're happy to allow him to move on.

Goosen has also been allowed to leave and is away to Callaway I believe.

Kevin Na has left Titleist for Callaway too I believe.

D

Deleted member 3432

I would expect he has been testing them for months and he will have no problems at all.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would imagine they be pushing their clubs a lot more in western market... anybody know if and when they’ll be releasing? Think they’ll be in the £2k+ a set region?