If you could CTRL-Z one moment in your life ...

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
On a very similar note.

Not having my cheque book with me one lunchtime in 1988. A fellow member wanted me to go 50:50 with him on £200 worth of Next shares when the company was on the verge of collapse and the share price was 7p.

Have a look at the price now!

Yup. The share price at the time for Apple was <$1. The girlfriend at the time bought a chunk, supplementing shares she got as an employee. I said no. Now $207 a share and unsurprisingly she bought a 7 figure house a few years back with her shares. :eek:oo:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I often ask myself this question and it hard to answer simple because the two worst moments of my life resulted in me meeting my wife but I would go with one if pushed-

The first , a lost love, resulted in the second

The second - my injuries are a result of stopping running out of harms way 6 feet to early, I might well go back and run for that bit longer but the long period of recovery changed my life in so many ways for the good.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Playing too much golf after the children arrived.

Wed - league matches. Friday evening - friendly 4ball. Sat - comps. Sunday - swindle. Summer - knockouts. Practicing. Work golf society. === Divorce.

What's done is done but, oh to have grown up a little sooner.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We got into this discussion during a round the other day - a key moment in your life you wish had gone the other way. Of course you would not be where you are now without that possible wrong decision but it is still an interesting debate.

The one I had was a potential relationship in my 20s where I just did not realise how the other person felt about and I was not able to see it. So I went elsewhere and spent the next 30 years regretting it :-(

Should I know who you were talking about. Pretty sure I have a good idea. I think I share a similar feeling from around the same era. Someone I thought the world off but they wouldn't reciprocate and have carried a candle to this day that it could have been so different

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I definitely know who you are talking about but I don't think you know who I am. Pretty sure you never met her. Fash and the others did when she came along to my engagement party :)

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am I getting this right? People still lusting after someone who they never had a chance with, despite now being married? Move on....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I definitely know who you are talking about but I don't think you know who I am. Pretty sure you never met her. Fash and the others did when she came along to my engagement party :)

That was brave, inviting Fash!!. I met up with him last year. Nothing much has changed. I knew you'd know who I meant. Life takes some funny turns and you have to wonder about where some of that old crew are these days, and what would have happened had events taken a different path.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fash actually spent 10 minutes asking me if I was really serious about the decision. He kept going on about it saying he was serious and wanted me to be sure I was doing the right thing. I've spoken to him about it since and told him he was right all along.

Ho hum, we move on. But CTRL-Z eh....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fash actually spent 10 minutes asking me if I was really serious about the decision. He kept going on about it saying he was serious and wanted me to be sure I was doing the right thing. I've spoken to him about it since and told him he was right all along.

Ho hum, we move on. But CTRL-Z eh....

Thinking of trying to get hold of a few old faces for a meet up at some point. Not sure where/when but you up for it?