Justin Rose - Equipment change

D

Deleted member 1418

New bats seem to be working pretty well thus far 🏌️‍♂️⛳️

Yes was just about to say the same thing!! 😂😂

If Honma are looking to make some significant inroads into the British/European market then signing up JR is looking a great bit of business at the moment!

D

Deleted member 1147

Yes was just about to say the same thing!! 😂😂

If Honma are looking to make some significant inroads into the British/European market then signing up JR is looking a great bit of business at the moment!

Yeah, the world number one moved to our clubs & got even better.
Not a bad advertising angle!

Wolf

Visit site
Certainly put some big numbers on his card today but still in control of the event shows how good he is at the moment. I have to admit though I find his putting routine painful to watch

D

Deleted member 1147

Certainly put some big numbers on his card today but still in control of the event shows how good he is at the moment. I have to admit though I find his putting routine painful to watch
Don’t watch then... no one wants to see you hurt 🙄

D

Deleted member 1147

How the hell can anyone find Rose’s putting routine painful?
It’s ridiculous; he gets a line, lines it up, stands at the Ball & hits it.
Just like all the other golfers out there!
Do you find it painful to watch all golfers?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest, I’m a massive ainpoint advocate but I watched him on Thursday take about 2mins over the putt (aimpoint has nothing to do with it), and it was painful to watch

Wolf

Visit site
I find most golfers a delight to watch even Rose tee to green, but I do find his putting routine laborious clearly you don't that's fine but I am entitled to think what I think whether you agree or not.

To be honest, I’m a massive ainpoint advocate but I watched him on Thursday take about 2mins over the putt (aimpoint has nothing to do with it), and it was painful to watch

And clearly not just me that thought it... This is exactly what I meant by the way.

D

Deleted member 1147

I find most golfers a delight to watch even Rose tee to green, but I do find his putting routine laborious clearly you don't that's fine but I am entitled to think what I think whether you agree or not.

And clearly not just me that thought it... This is exactly what I meant by the way.
So you don’t mean what he does as his routine but how long it takes him to do it?
Go you - but again, that’s the same for half the field, surely?

Wolf

Visit site
So you don’t mean what he does as his routine but how long it takes him to do it?
Go you - but again, that’s the same for half the field, surely?
Both routine and time..
And no its not but again clearly you don't think others are allowed to not like Something someone does, so on that note I'm out.

D

Deleted member 1147

...clearly you don't think others are allowed to not like Something someone does, so on that note I'm out.
No, I just don’t mind disagreeing with someone & don’t tend to get upset about it.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
No, I just don’t mind disagreeing with someone & don’t tend to get upset about it.

If your first act in disputing someone’s opinion is to call it ridiculous, how do you expect them to react?

I’m in the camp of rose not being the best putter to watch. Yet I like Bryson who faffs more than most! Go figure!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Both routine and time..
And no its not but again clearly you don't think others are allowed to not like Something someone does, so on that note I'm out.
I agree with Wolf here it takes that long to hit a putt we see half a dozen shots a putt then ads again !
It’s putting me off watching.

D

Deleted member 1147

I agree with Wolf here it takes that long to hit a putt we see half a dozen shots a putt then ads again !
It’s putting me off watching.
I get the time element...I agree in fact!
But the actual routine is similar to most players. Especially those who use a line on the ball.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I get the time element...I agree in fact!
But the actual routine is similar to most players. Especially those who use a line on the ball.

Yes I get it’s their job , and the sums of money are eyewatering if they make a mistake .
But it’s an entertainment business and it’s not entertaining me watching someone stalk a putt for an eternity.
But that’s just my opinion.

Maybe Like caddies lining up from behind, lines on the ball should be banned.
After all the USGA and r and a are trying to speed us up.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Yes I get it’s their job , and the sums of money are eyewatering if they make a mistake .
But it’s an entertainment business and it’s not entertaining me watching someone stalk a putt for an eternity.
But that’s just my opinion.

Maybe Like caddies lining up from behind, lines on the ball should be banned.
After all the USGA and r and a are trying to speed us up.

Absolutely agree and just said this same thing on another thread. Lining up is supposed to be a fundamental skill (according to the powers in charge)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can we all hug, the thread seems to have gone way off track.

To me the most important thing is Justin winning so early on after an equipment change, he seems to have adapted exceptionally quick.

Does anyone actually know what was in his bag from the new manufacture and what was existing?