Justin Rose - Equipment change

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I see that Paul Casey has just shared an image on Instagram confirming he is trialling out the new Honma Proto irons as well

He has been trying them for a while now and has indeed already been "captured" using them on camera.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Tommy could easily get irons forged to the same spec using the original moulds, tiger did the same with his tgr irons. I don't think he'd really have much of an issue getting replacements

Likewise, Tommy has been photographed using other blades, possibly even blades/prototypes made for Tiger if what I read/saw was correct.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Tommy Fleetwood knew this day was coming. After playing most of last season with his last set of Nike VR Pro Blade irons — and striking out in an attempt to acquire a set from Paul Casey — Fleetwood appears to have made a change, as he was spotted with a set of unreleased TaylorMade irons with “P-7TW” stamped on the head during a practice round at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship.

Wolf

Visit site
"Official confirmation" eagle eyed people spotted it and leaked it a while back.

Key is in the fact Casey himself has confirmed it that there is likely a change ahead, doesn't matter what people have seen before he could try loads of irons and be spotted with them all but until he confirms what he likes then it's all irrelevant.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Key is in the fact Casey himself has confirmed it that there is likely a change ahead, doesn't matter what people have seen before he could try loads of irons and be spotted with them all but until he confirms what he likes then it's all irrelevant.

Whatever. it was hardly a secret, probably slightly better kept than Rose right enough.

Always listen to whispers.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It was 'known' JR wouldn't be at taylormade this year from late July/August last year. These guys spend months hitting/practicing with clubs before they put them in play

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems weird that the 3 iron has a bit of a cavity but the 2 and the 4 don't? Oh hang on, there's a different 3 iron further down. I guess he's still comparing the different clubs.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

Strange collection of clubs there. 4 iron is different from other irons.

Also I would be very concerned if he is still playing about with TM Woods and Vokey wedges. You would think having made the change, he would be fully committed to the Honma gear and simply wouldn't even have the other manufacturers in play.

I think it was a 10 club deal so that probably means he will forfeit cash if he doesn't play all irons and wedges or all irons and woods and would be surprised if he plays a 2 iron many weeks.

D

Deleted member 15344

Also I would be very concerned if he is still playing about with TM Woods and Vokey wedges. You would think having made the change, he would be fully committed to the Honma gear and simply wouldn't even have the other manufacturers in play.

I think it was a 10 club deal so that probably means he will forfeit cash if he doesn't play all irons and wedges or all irons and woods and would be surprised if he plays a 2 iron many weeks.

I suspect right now he is just trying different set ups and he will have ten homnas clubs in the bag when he plays

I expect he will stick with TM Woods and then go for irons and wedges in Homna

I don’t actually like the look of them really - something about them

And that putter is fugly - really fugly

Fleetwoods set up he is trying look nice -using the TM Blades

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I suspect right now he is just trying different set ups and he will have ten homnas clubs in the bag when he plays

I expect he will stick with TM Woods and then go for irons and wedges in Homna

I don’t actually like the look of them really - something about them

And that putter is fugly - really fugly

Fleetwoods set up he is trying look nice -using the TM Blades

Maybe, but you know yourself - any kind of doubt with anything can cause guys problems.

Also v surprised on the putter. Not that he's changed brand, but that is looks to be quite a bit different. However, surely he has had pretty much full access to any and every putter going, so he must be pretty happy with the Axis.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Given that his trackman is in the background in one of the pics, I would think he is just comparing yardages ect with the different clubs. Maybe he just wants to compare the flight given the conditions at the courses he is playing this week.

Also I don't think he'll be worried about the cash, since he won ten mil at the end of September last year. He'll be more concerned about performance this week.