Joining a club at this time of year...

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Almost impossible to chip around greens. Greens were patchy and bobbly. Fairways just mud

I played it yesterday after the rains on Wednesday and it was snowing just before we set off, admittedly it was wet in places - much wetter than last Thursday but they had a hell of a lot of rain.

I’d have to disagree with you, but then I have nothing to compare it to. The 7th fairway was muddy but it’s a known problem area - they’re looking to turn it into a par 3 for the remainder of winter. Last year the 10th was a bog, miles better this year since they opened up all the drainage.

I could chip just fine and the greens have been rolled, when it’s soft you only have to catch it fractionally fat and it’s game over. Greens are scarred yes, Kevin is waiting for the spring when there’s some growth before dealing with it.

You’ve got to remember in August it was dust and neglected. With tons on money thrown at it you’d still never turn it around in 6 months over winter.

Loads of hard work being done, hopefully it pays off - time will tell. The 8th and 12th were looking great!

Attachments

• 24519090-CED7-48D4-A3CF-273E4788D12A.jpeg
    24519090-CED7-48D4-A3CF-273E4788D12A.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 12
  • D1D55CA1-12DD-4131-AF53-0B193D7D0F00.jpeg
    D1D55CA1-12DD-4131-AF53-0B193D7D0F00.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 11

Homer

Visit site
I played it yesterday after the rains on Wednesday and it was snowing just before we set off, admittedly it was wet in places - much wetter than last Thursday but they had a hell of a lot of rain.

I’d have to disagree with you, but then I have nothing to compare it to. The 7th fairway was muddy but it’s a known problem area - they’re looking to turn it into a par 3 for the remainder of winter. Last year the 10th was a bog, miles better this year since they opened up all the drainage.

I could chip just fine and the greens have been rolled, when it’s soft you only have to catch it fractionally fat and it’s game over. Greens are scarred yes, Kevin is waiting for the spring when there’s some growth before dealing with it.

You’ve got to remember in August it was dust and neglected. With tons on money thrown at it you’d still never turn it around in 6 months over winter.

Loads of hard work being done, hopefully it pays off - time will tell. The 8th and 12th were looking great!

Don’t kid yourself it’s just an awful place