Handicap help.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple of handicap questions

In May 20 when my membership was due to renew, due to person commitments I took a year out and subsequently when I have logged onto HDID it would seem all of my data has been lost, this could be linked to the transfer to WHS??

I believe the last qualifier I played was in November 2019 so my HC May now have lapsed, but given the lockdown I’m not sure if rules have been put in place to avoid this happening with so many courses closed.

Any advise on how to obtain my cdh number would be appreciated, I’ve already requested from previous club and they haven’t responded yet.

Joining my new place next week ready for the reopening but I ideally don’t want to go through the three card process all over again.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Due to WHS your old club may have taken th opportunity to do some serious data purging. If you still have your CDH No your new club may be able to retrieve your information.

The new club have asked for the CDH number but I can’t find it, my Surrey golf card doesn’t have it on so I’m kinda screwed.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The new club have asked for the CDH number but I can’t find it, my Surrey golf card doesn’t have it on so I’m kinda screwed.
Once you've logged into the Howdidido app, just click profile (the little head and shoulders silhouette at the top. On mine it goes to 'overview' and my CDH number is on that page, along with handicap.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Once you've logged into the Howdidido app, just click profile (the little head and shoulders silhouette at the top. On mine it goes to 'overview' and my CDH number is on that page, along with handicap.

I tried that but as skier said as my HDID isn’t linked to a club anymore, I technically don’t have a profile. Just head back from handicap sec at my old club.

Sorry mate all your details have been delete for our system, and I can’t look it up as the club chose not to renew the subscription so we are read only mode
You will need to ask England golf for it

Does anyone know if will actually still be an active handicap as I haven’t played a qualifier in almost 16 months

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried that but as skier said as my HDID isn’t linked to a club anymore, I technically don’t have a profile. Just head back from handicap sec at my old club.

Sorry mate all your details have been delete for our system, and I can’t look it up as the club chose not to renew the subscription so we are read only mode
You will need to ask England golf for it

Does anyone know if will actually still be an active handicap as I haven’t played a qualifier in almost 16 months
The WHS indexes go back further than that so I don't see why not.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I hope you are sorted but the issue will almost certainly be that you old club will have marked you as resigned and hence your record will have been suspended.

Your old club should be able to search on the EG central system using a "resigned" filter to retrieve your Membership Number (CDH that was) and your new club add you as a member which will pull in your record and handicap details.

Other than that EG should be able to find your record - it won't have been releted.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple of handicap questions

In May 20 when my membership was due to renew, due to person commitments I took a year out and subsequently when I have logged onto HDID it would seem all of my data has been lost, this could be linked to the transfer to WHS??

I believe the last qualifier I played was in November 2019 so my HC May now have lapsed, but given the lockdown I’m not sure if rules have been put in place to avoid this happening with so many courses closed.

Any advise on how to obtain my cdh number would be appreciated, I’ve already requested from previous club and they haven’t responded yet.

Joining my new place next week ready for the reopening but I ideally don’t want to go through the three card process all over again.
Contact handicapping@englandgolf.org
They have a record of all players who have ever had a CDH ID
But you will almost certainly have to return cards to build a WHS handicap, depending on the number of Q scores you have returned since 1/1/2018

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I hope you are sorted but the issue will almost certainly be that you old club will have marked you as resigned and hence your record will have been suspended.

Your old club should be able to search on the EG central system using a "resigned" filter to retrieve your Membership Number (CDH that was) and your new club add you as a member which will pull in your record and handicap details.

Other than that EG should be able to find your record - it won't have been releted.

His old club should have been able to search for him on the old CDH system, which although no longer used for anything useful, is still live (albeit not updated) and can still be accessed by club officials.

I'm also surprised that his old club cannot, on their handicapping/comp management software, pull up a list of old historical past members who have been deleted from the system. I know I can do this in Handicapmaster and can find CDH numbers of players who left the club as far back as in 2010.

I find it quite surprising the difficulty that some club officials seemingly have in getting hold of ex players records/CDH numbers....it smacks to me more of a case of "your not a member anymore, I cant be bothered".

With regards to the WHS...if he was deleted from his old clubs records before players details were uploaded to the new WHS then he wont appear as resigned in the WHS because he has never been part of the WHS.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I thought that under the CDH system, players were issued with an England Golf card (credit card size) that gave name and number.