Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Oh no.

Votes: 75 66.4%
  • meh

Votes: 23 20.4%

• Total voters
G

guest100718

This subject always seems to cause a lot of discussion, so why not have poll! yay!

Do you thinks its a tradition that we must keep? Will ending its mandatory wear be the beginning of the end for golf as we know it?

or

Should we move on, its 2017 after all

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Voted meh. It's an inevitable inconvenience in the current climate but desperately hope these clubs begin to move forward and no, it won't end with the walls of the clubhouse crumbling if they do way with ties (in particular)

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can't vote as on mobile thingy but it doesn't bother me as a visitor, I have a choice. It maybe bother me more if it was my home club but again I'd have a choice whether I join or not.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
No! But if it's the rule wherei want to visit I'll do it. But as we've seen today with the sentencing of Viscount Idiot, clothes don't guarantee decency, but they are capable of hiding idiots.

Tarkus1212

Challenge Tour Pro
www.johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
Voted meh. It's an inevitable inconvenience in the current climate but desperately hope these clubs begin to move forward and no, it won't end with the walls of the clubhouse crumbling if they do way with ties (in particular)

If you don't use ties when building a cavity wall then a crumbling clubhouse is a highly probable outcome ;)

(One for the builders out there)

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
No for me, not so much of an issue post game, but having to wear one during lunch, when you are going to play afterwards is crazy to me.

I'm not sure I've ever sat and eaten a meal actually wearing a jacket, it always comes off for the actual meal.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So long as there is still a normal bar in which I can have a burger and chips, then I'm not bothered if the carvery/in the dining room is jacket & tie. Will happily wear it for certain events.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a meehhhhh from me.

I wouldnt wear a jacket while eating in any circumstance it'd be removed.
Would rather be in the bar with a plate of chips and cheese.

Im not following an outdated rule for outdated committee members vanity. Nor would I have to be in that position in the first place.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think the beginning of the end was when we started to see people playing golf who werent wearing a jacket and tie.
I blame our colonial cousins across the Atlantic who seem to have started the trend, which only accelerated after the war with an overall drop in sartorial standards, and the introduction of garments made of synthetic fibres.
Stepping onto the first tee without ones jacket and tie is arguably worse than doing so naked.

D

Deleted member 1147

No for me, not so much of an issue post game, but having to wear one during lunch, when you are going to play afterwards is crazy to me.

I'm not sure I've ever sat and eaten a meal actually wearing a jacket, it always comes off for the actual meal.

Same here

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I dislike ties generally - wear them for weddings, funerals, job interviews, that's it. The triumvirate of tie-wearing occasions.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Doesn't worry me at all. If I know beforehand a suit and tie goes into the car, if I am not sure, a suit and tie goes into the car, it's really not a problem. Would I want to do it every time, after I played golf, probably not, but if the club was great and it was a requirement, I see it as a small price to pay.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Voted Meh, as in it doesn't bother me personally. Happy to wear a jacket and tie if that's what the club requires. However, i understand how its this kind of thing that puts people off of getting involved in the game.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Doesn't worry me at all. If I know beforehand a suit and tie goes into the car, if I am not sure, a suit and tie goes into the car, it's really not a problem. Would I want to do it every time, after I played golf, probably not, but if the club was great and it was a requirement, I see it as a small price to pay.

Exactly this :thup: