Is your club Charging Fees for the time the course will be closed?

Is your club Charging Fees for the time the course will be closed?

• Yes

Votes: 95 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • Not Decided

Votes: 12 9.5%

• Total voters

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I perfectly understand how the credit company works, maybe ask me to clarify were I’m coming from rather put your words in my mouth.

The email also covers referrals, that is Club business, nothing to do with the credit company and just like I responded to Duncan, what has it got to do with other Clubs in the County.
i wasn't putting anything in your mouth dear boy;), i didn't mention you or aim anything at you, i was agreeing with the person i replied to:rolleyes:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ours are due next month and I will be paying, I would imagine that most members clubs are similar to mine and memberships are a big part of income, so paying everyone should pay if you can.

D

Deleted member 16999

i wasn't putting anything in your mouth dear boy;), i didn't mention you or aim anything at you, i was agreeing with the person i replied to:rolleyes:
Who was replying to me! Dress it up how you like.:poop:

D

Deleted member 16999

dress what up??, no comment was aimed at you, i don't mention you and ive no idea why you think it does get a grip.

you appear to have got the arse for no reason what so ever:rolleyes:
Haven’t got the arse at all! But why highlight one issue in the email and ignore the other points!

Who are these people who don’t understand how credit companies work that you are referring to? Maybe members asking the questions are the self-employed or now unemployed and were approaching their Club looking for understanding or support?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
By intimating that it will be frowned upon by fellow members and all other Clubs in the County! To me that is possibly cultivating a them and us mentality both inside and outside the membership.
Plus possibly frightening some with the credit rating comment.
Surely this should of been kept in house by them, I’m in the same County and hope our Club and members do right by us and not how it looks to other Clubs.
Fair point Paul, I agree that the wording is at best clumsy in that area. The reference to other members is probably based on history where a club has tried to help a member, and I've seen this big time in the past, but is their issue not the audience's. The reference to other clubs is just daft. The reference to credit ratings etc is reality.
Not a lot of veiled though ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Fair point Paul, I agree that the wording is at best clumsy in that area. The reference to other members is probably based on history where a club has tried to help a member, and I've seen this big time in the past, but is their issue not the audience's. The reference to other clubs is just daft. The reference to credit ratings etc is reality.
Not a lot of veiled though ?
I agree and understand the issue with credit ratings etc, but as you and others have said, maybe the email could of been better written.(y)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Haven’t got the arse at all! But why highlight one issue in the email and ignore the other points!

Who are these people who don’t understand how credit companies work that you are referring to? Maybe members asking the questions are the self-employed or now unemployed and were approaching their Club looking for understanding or support?
i was talking about the numptys at the clubs i know up here, i was only agreeing with DM about one part wasn't in any way relating to you your post or any others apart from his:rolleyes:

and the company i was refering to is Premium Credit, heard of a few examples where mistakes were made but they still wanted their money. one guy didn't recieve a letter from them telling him they were auto renewing and one guy was ill and could no longer play after 2 months of taking the agreement

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Subs alone don’t cover all the costs to run a golf club, the bar, restaurant, social functions and societies all contribute towards the income the club requires to not only operate but also invest in itself, so, we have calculated that if we are still closed come the end of our financial year, being end of July, we will now incur a loss of around £180k, and that’s with strangling every operating cost possible at this time.

So anyone wanting a refund or anything back will simply be twisting the knife more in what are unprecedented circumstances, as the current subs and reserves are all that are keeping ours and most clubs afloat at the minute.

The longer this lockdown goes on, is another week or month that no revenue is taken by the club, and as such the subs paid and reserves (cash in bank) are diluted, and more and more your club becomes vulnerable.

You can catch up playing extra rounds that you feel you’ve lost during this period over time, but if your club goes, it’s gone!

If you like your club & course, then support it, or it could disappear!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Subs alone don’t cover all the costs to run a golf club, the bar, restaurant, social functions and societies all contribute towards the income the club requires to not only operate but also invest in itself, so, we have calculated that if we are still closed come the end of our financial year, being end of July, we will now incur a loss of around £180k, and that’s with strangling every operating cost possible at this time.

So anyone wanting a refund or anything back will simply be twisting the knife more in what are unprecedented circumstances, as the current subs and reserves are all that are keeping ours and most clubs afloat at the minute.

The longer this lockdown goes on, is another week or month that no revenue is taken by the club, and as such the subs paid and reserves (cash in bank) are diluted, and more and more your club becomes vulnerable.

You can catch up playing extra rounds that you feel you’ve lost during this period over time, but if your club goes, it’s gone!

If you like your club & course, then support it, or it could disappear!
Agree with what you say. We have a theatre company putting on Macbeth in August which is being staged at the course and was going to be a big revenue stream for the year and that is in doubt. We also have a number of societies we rely on annually and of course they won't be paying up front

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
I've not read most of this thread but concur with many I have read. Our clubs need our support right now more than ever, I know our club finances are fragile to say the least, this could be disastrous if it continues. If personal circumstances allow, keep paying those subs (y). Hopefully we'll all have courses to play on at the end of it, probably in superb condition.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Email from club saying Everything is fine .
Greenkeepers working ,all staff being paid 80% that can be claimed back from treasury.
We qualify for the business rate holiday .
So all sounds good.
That’s nice to know especially the staff being looked after.
They make the club not just the course.

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
At the moment things aren't too bad as most courses still have all / some of their greenkeeping staff working in some capacity but if restrictions continue to get worse then it could be a different story. My friend sent me a link to the following article: https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/greenkeepers-coronavirus-impact-golf-courses/

Basic message is that if lockdown gets more intense and greenstaff are restricted even further to the amount of work they can do things are going to transform very quickly and the golf courses could end up resembling more of a meadow than a golf course. The key thing then is (which I didn't realise) you can't just chop the grass back down to normal length once the restrictions are lifted. It has to be done in stages so you don't kill the grass.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Email from our Head Greenkeeper, he’s pleased with everything they’ve managed to catch up on. He goes on to say; all debris has been removed, excellent definition is being formed, striped fairways, tonnes of sand into our greens, he’s says we’re all in for a real treat when we return ??️⛳

brfcfan

Visit site
With subs now due in a lot of cases, i guess this is a burning question?

All the local gyms/ health clubs i have heard about have said they will not charge but not sure on many golf clubs?

Our club is giving 2 free months for every month the course is closed due to COVID 19. They were absolutely desperate for people to sign up so they have offered this amazing deal as long as we commit to signing up for the 2020-21 season

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seen a few clubs online are offering an extension to the membership year (so renewal may go from March-May dependant on the length of the layoff). Nothing official from my club yet but we've literally only just had renewals so perhaps have a bit of time to consider our options

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Our club has just issued another update to the members. It's quite long but well written and also includes an update from the Head Greenkeeper.
To summarise:
  • There has been a very positive reaction to the payment of annual subscriptions (I'm delighted, I know all the lads I play with had continued paying).
  • While there remains some Members who have not paid (yet!) the response has been really good.
  • The Board is currently discussing some form of “thank you” to Members for their support.
  • Two members of the green staff are still working and they are looking to see if they can increase it during the year.
  • An update to the work they've been doing on our 13th (the more I read about it, the more I can't wait to play it).
  • Details on the cutting and maintenance programs.
  • Ongoing work programs when the full team is back.
All-in-all, I'm pleased with the update and how the club is handling the situation.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Our subs were paid in November, and recent email from club has confirmed no refunds at the moment.

Imagine this might change if still no golf by next November.:eek: