Is this unusual?

tobybarker

Visit site
Mate of mine tells me he has had 7 holes in one and 7 albatrosses on par fives (not on the same round!)

I can't even get close to that. Can Any of you match or better that?

HPIMG

Visit site
Hole is one’s I would believe I used to ply with a guy who had 13 and he was not that great at golf. The albatross would be way harder to believe. You don’t meet many people who have had them never mind seven

tobybarker

Visit site
I have no reason to not believe him.... This wasn't meant to be a chance to question his integrity....i was simply wondering if it was unusual.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seven holes in one is a lot but for a very good player who plays a lot, it's plausible.

Seven albatrosses?? Absolutely no chance. Unless he plays at a course where all the par 5s are 450 yards or something.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I had holed quite a few irons for eagle before my first HII. Never had an albatross though.
I've had 3 HII, when I had my first one, the guy I was playing with said he'd had 13. An older chap who had always been a very good golfer.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whatever.....i thought it was an interesting thread but clearly I'm in the minority. Byeee

You need to think logically, BDC does a break 50 series off the forward tees. He is one of the longest hitters in the world. Doesn't come close to hole in ones on par 4s or getting in 2 on a 5

The pro series you see them VERY rarely

Out of all my golfing mates I know of 1 who has 1

To get more than one would be remarkable

To get 7? He is either cheating ,lying or confused with an eagle

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m with those who think the 7 albatross’s are perhaps stretching the bounds of probability.

Think about it. The vast majority of par 3’s are less than 200 yards, meaning that whilst an ace is still pretty rare, they are not impossible. I’ve had three. I know mates who have had more, and several very good golfers who have never had one.

But to make an albatross you generally need to be holing out from well in excess of 200 yards, and you will rarely have the benefit of the perfect lie you get pegging the ball up on a par 3. I’ve only seen two in over forty years, both on the same hole. So for one golfer to have had seven?

In the words of a certain Victor Meldrew, I don’t believe it.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There is a guy aged 81 at our place who has had 13 holes in 1. He used to play off 5 so it is believable.

We were in W. Australia a few years' ago somewhere near Albany. There was plaque which stated a guy off 21 on a par 5 SI 3 and had a 2 for 7!