is this the real issue behind the TW story

alexgolf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/ti...-sportsmen.html

I believe that people will forgive the Shag**g and Maratial break up stuff as sorry to say, it seems to be a part of human nature.

What no one will forgive is if he is mixed up with body improving or other Drugs. Golf is not immune to this. Law of averages proves this. I am slightly surprised that someone somewhere has not been caught.

He has a great support system behind him and probably good lawers looking after his interests. Also he is one of the worlds "untouchables". I dont think that even if he has been taking anything it would ever get out.

But this is the story that is not going away. We all heard the Marrion Jones and Dwain Chambers protestes that they never took anything and then and then......

What do we all think.

A

Pro_V_wan_kenobi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Innocent until proven guilty?

Totally agree with you. He should be made to give hair samples and if they find evidence of drugs he should be stripped of all his previous titles. As I have ranted before, he is a spoiled, sullen, grumpy, conceited, boring, stage managed, pathetic, and perhaps drug taking cheat,

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com

Totally agree with you. He should be made to give hair samples and if they find evidence of drugs he should be stripped of all his previous titles. As I have ranted before, he is a spoiled, sullen, grumpy, conceited, boring, stage managed, pathetic, and perhaps drug taking cheat,

Yes thats a great idea, lets turn this into another (yet another) Tiger bashing session. :D

B

birdieman

Just seems like pure speculation. TW weight trains a lot unlike many golfers.

This doctor probably had hundreds of clients, doesn't mean they all took performance enhancing drugs does it?

Maybe old Gary Player was pointing the finger right to the top? Saying that he seems to have been on age-defying drugs himself.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The story won't go away if people keep on highlighting news reports from last December.

Exactly what I thought.

The story HAD gone away, obviously through lack of any veracitude ( ?? ) or factual backup.

I mean, if anyone had found anything to chase, it would have been 'leaked' by now.

So, for that reason, I'm out. :p

alexgolf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The story won't go away if people keep on highlighting news reports from last December.

Your right about that and i appologise to you all there.

Having said that this is still a valid story as more up to date story (link below)and the poll in SPORTS ILLUSTRATED shows.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/ti...r-of-words.html

I am in catch up mode as i have been at a sales conf and was looking at the thread on here about the split with his coach. I just googled a few things and came up with the origional story As you can see in the top right hand corner it gives todays date. I missed the actual date of the article.

Sorry

T

thecraw

Burn him at the stake!

Lets start a witch hunt, drive him away, its true, all true, I saw him talking with Ben Johnston last week!!!

Yawn!

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
From that article

If Phil Mickelson wins the Players Championship and Woods finishes outside the top five then the Philibuster will take over as the world No 1. Woods doesn't mince up the question as he would have done a couple of years ago. He just says: "I've had it happen before." You see, it's all part of the story. Once Mickelson cowered at the sight of Woods. Now he has beaten Woods on four of the previous five head-to-heads. Mickelson says: "There's a number of reasons I just don't want to go into. But there has been a change."

The change is in Woods.

Maybe.

But that's unfair on Mickleson. He's changed his swing, his coach, his attitude. All for the better.

He's gotten to be a better player.

Part of the change in Phil has come because of the struggles his wife has had. He's used it in a positive way.

I'm up there with the best Tiger bashers. I think he has been a bad influence, a bad role model. I think he has disrespected both this great game, and his fellow pros.

Everything that is surrounding him now has been through his own actions. He doesn't deserve any sympathy.

But now is his chance to mend his ways, to truly become the greatest golfer history has ever seen.

He will either retreat back into his old selfish ways.

Or he will reassess, rebuild, and return to be the great man that we all once hoped he was going to become.

It might be better for him in the long run to hit rock bottom rather than just have a glitch.

From rock bottom, there's only one way.

Cue Yazz

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Phils swing has improved imessurably since going to Butch I used to dislike Phils swing it was horrible very loose and all over the place, now it looks perfect really repeatable and in the right place at all the right times.

So to say the change is all woods is wrong ?

Tiger will be back though

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I like the bit that says " So please give the kid a break"

There must have been times in the last couple of years when Tiger was struggling to come up for breath never mind a break.

I cant see the media halting on this, they have a taste for blood and they wont stop. I think it's the case of whoever gets the story first gets the cream.

Pro_V_wan_kenobi

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Yes thats a great idea, lets turn this into another (yet another) Tiger bashing session. :D

BASH BASH BASH!

We should keep bashing him untill he proves he was not
taking drugs.

This is a crucial development for Golf and its time that
they were all tested on a regular basis. If they have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear. :mad:

C

CannyFifer

I'm maybe being a bit green here but how would enhancing drugs help in golf? Would he get to the ball faster and have more time to think about the next shot :D

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site

BASH BASH BASH!

We should keep bashing him untill he proves he was not
taking drugs.

This is a crucial development for Golf and its time that
they were all tested on a regular basis. If they have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear. :mad:

Surely the onus should be on someone proving he HAS been taking stuff. Presumably he has been tested the same as everyone else :D

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Surely the onus should be on someone proving he HAS been taking stuff. Presumably he has been tested the same as everyone else

Don't be so silly, that would get in the way of a good bit of speculation :)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Totally agree with you. He should be made to give hair samples and if they find evidence of drugs he should be stripped of all his previous titles.

How do you prove that all 14 Majors and all umpteen other titles were won while on these supposed drugs? Assuming he has taken them you have to define beyond doubt exactly when he began - good luck with that one!

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I dont think that he would have taken anything, but there will always be speculation.

I also think that the if he did test positive, they could only strip him of titles won whilst under the influence of illegal substances, and they would have to prove when these occured which would be very difficult.

If he has taken the substances, then he should be treat the same as anyone else.