You Loser!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The story in the media is that the wife of a well known PGA Tour Pro's has a right go at him whenever he plays poorly (& even got arrested for a domestic after the Players)

This post isn't really about that incident (you can read it for yourself on lots of websites)

Instead there's plenty said about how we feel/react to our own results but what does your partner do when you play really badly (or really well)

So any tales to tell about how they react to your performance?

Maybe they don't care
Maybe you get slated
Maybe you get a 'treat' after a cut/comp win

My wife (while not interested in golf herself) will always want to know how I played & scored after any game, even social rounds and she'll say positive comments for a good round and offer sympathy etc when its all gone wrong, but I've never won anything of real note (relatively speaking) to see what reaction that 'big' win would get

I can't imagine going home and admitting to a 20 pointer round only to get big verbals/or even a kick up the behind

You?

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Same as yourself - She doesn't really understand scoring but listens, or appears to do so, to whatever woes or joys I share with her.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
She couldn't care less really, which is a shame as I always pretend to be interested in whatever meaningless nonsense she's doing....

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
My wife couldn’t care less, golf bores her to tears and doesn’t get how I enjoy it so much 😂😂

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The story in the media is that the wife of a well known PGA Tour Pro's has a right go at him whenever he plays poorly (& even got arrested for a domestic after the Players)

If I was on tour and she was my wife she'd be out the door

:angry:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Mine always asks after a game but I'm sure if i asked her 20 minutes later what I'd said she'd go blank, but then I always ask after her flower arranging course 😊

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My missus could not give a solitary toss about my or anyone else's golf. When I told her I won a comp last year I got a 'well done'. If I'm in a mood because I've played badly, I get the usual 'it's only a game' malarky.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine always asks when I come in "good balls?" and I'll tell what my round has been like, if it's been good she's positive and shows interest, she doesn't play golf and doesn't want to but is supportive.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My son and I have an agreement that no matter how we play we always reply 'I / we both played well', when my wife asks. She gets irrationally annoyed if we say otherwise as though simply by playing there should be an automatic improvement. We are not allowed a bad run of form, a bad round etc. She is quite mild mannered on the whole but she does get a little grumpy on this front.

Any frustrations about my golf I get out of my system either towards the end of the round with my pp, in the bar afterwards or a de-brief afterwards with my son when we have not played together as he plays and understands (out of earshot of my wife of course)

Similar to bluewolf, I am ridiculously supportive of her running, always encouraging, always looking on the upside if she has a slow night. Hey ho, married life...……………...

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure that's a win. A round of golf represents an excellent reason to get away from the trouble and strife for a day!

I enjoy spending time with the missus and on occasion she has accompanied me around the course when I've gone for 9 holes. Just wish she would do it more often.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Good thing I don't have wife then ...:D

I guess, having a golf pro for a husband does have it's quirks, though. Guy constantly on the road, bit like being married to a sailor or a pilot ... minus the guaranteed regular income ... I can see how that can cast a shadow on a relationship.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
She couldn't care less really, which is a shame as I always pretend to be interested in whatever meaningless nonsense she's doing....

This.
She doesn't get my obsession with chasing a ball around a field and I don't get her fascination with dead people ( family history)

TerryA

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mine came in yesterday after playing an away league match and proceeded to give me a hole by hole account of how she got on. She then broke it down into how many stableford points she scored (it was matchplay!) then got out her results (yes, she keeps a spreadsheet of all our rounds at all clubs) and then compared her last result on that course with yesterday's result. She did win her match, 2 and 1.

She absolutely loves her golf!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine came in yesterday after playing an away league match and proceeded to give me a hole by hole account of how she got on. She then broke it down into how many stableford points she scored (it was matchplay!) then got out her results (yes, she keeps a spreadsheet of all our rounds at all clubs) and then compared her last result on that course with yesterday's result. She did win her match, 2 and 1.

She absolutely loves her golf!

What a girl. You struck lucky there :thup: