Is this a new way to persuade us to buy something different?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I knew it would be a Cobra, they do sound like a grenagde going off in a tin shed!

P.S. sounds like a load of tosh!

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
First time I heard the Callaway FTI being hit I thought the face was cracked or something because the noise was so loud and strange.

Wouldn't have thought it would cause hearing damage though, unless he was on all fours getting a close up look!!

B

birdieman

Maybe we'll have to wear a eye protection and ear guards to play the game soon in case we get splinters from tees or sand in our eyes!

I think in the confines of a driving range booth the decibel level of some drivers could be too high but out on the course the sound should dissapate better and be ok.

Deafness isn't to be mocked, I would take heed of reports like this.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
After 25 years of jet engines, rifles and shotguns, plus more years of rock, I can't bring myself to worry overmuch about a golf club. Maybe if you locked yourself into the range 24 hours a day.

I suffer (?) from tinitus anyway so a change in noise and volume is welcome.

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It is just the BBC inventing news again because they are too lazy to go out in the world to find out what is going on. Take that other report, of children involved in sexual abuse. This is not news, merely the promotion of a Panorama programme which was made some time ago.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
So its not the case that a 55 yr old golfer simply went deaf after a life of working in enviroments that damage hearing??? No its the sound of a golf club that hurt his ears for 18 MONTHS 3 times a week! :eek:

I dont know how these things get coverage time! :D

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
"Have you lost your hearing on the golf course? If so call No blame, scam a claim on 0188837389495434"

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would like to know how they did their testing (I didn't read the full article) If the G10 did come out on top! No way is this driver worse than some cobras!

Anyway I don't think I will be wearing ear defenders on the course any time soon. If I was going to do that I would go the whole hog and wear a hard hat, safety googles and hi viz jacket. How about that for golfing attire? ;)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cue ian poulter camo ear defenders or,

2 Ian poulter heads (similar to the head covers only smaller)attched to a piece of plastic to fit over ya head.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And as the article says there is nothing stopping manufacturers filling the heads with foam to act much as a silencer would for a car exhaust. Though I think a lot of golfers seem to think that the loauder the bang the better the club... much in the way boy racers would fit a cherry bomb exhaust to their 1ltr base model nissan micra fitted with a body kit :rolleyes:

It is noticable the faster you come through impact the louder a driver head can be.

Thing is if the Health & Safety Executive got hold of everything we do in our social lives there would be little we'd be able to do without having to wear some sort of safety equipment or preventing us from doing something without additional training...!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to say the Cleveland Hi-bore is right up there in the noise stakes especially in the confines of a range. Most people stop to see where the noise came from but I don't mind at the moment as I'm smoking it and so I can look pretty smug as I send another soft draw down to the fence