Iron Advice (update)

OldWindy

Q-School Graduate
www.fronhaul-aberdovey.co.uk
Some time ago I posted for advice on updating my irons - here's the update for you all...

I set up testing at AG and finally got round to trying the MX-25, X20, R7, Burner, Burner XD - all picked as they were in my skill bracket (or so I thought).

After a short while I started hitting all the clubs reasonably well - very different from the Cobras. The MX-25s were, easily the best in feel and consistency but then the guy helping me test put a spanner in the works and said I should try the MP-60. I don't know where to begin in describing these irons, suffice to say I think they are golfing heaven to hit. Sure, not so good when off centre but the weight and feel of the iron as a whole is fantastic.

I so nearly bought the MX-25 but the thing that swayed it for me was the MP-60 lofts which are very similar to the Cobras and suit my game and links course I play. the MX-25 were too strong 7 iron upwards which is hard work when it's blowy.

So, yes, 2 hours later, I'm a very proud owner of the MP-60!!!!

:)

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Nice set of clubs there.

Surprised that with a h'cap of 20 that you can hit them well enough. None meant of course, but I'm just surprised.

Perhaps there's hope for me yet to own such a nice set.

Let us know how they play in real life. I'll be watching with interest.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I reckon Windy will be fine.....20 around his track is like 15 around anywhere else within 50 miles (excluding royal st. davids).

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
OOOh Honeymoon period coming up!

Did you get to hit them on a range or just in a net?

AG near me has a Vector now but still only in a net!

OldWindy

Q-School Graduate
www.fronhaul-aberdovey.co.uk
The AG in Telford has a couple of bays, effectively with mats and green curtains/nets. The computer is effective, though, and was, according to way I usually hit the ball, telling the truth.

Went through different shafts, lengths and lies. The only thing I might get altered is the lie which is perhaps a bit upright. Said I would hit them on the turf and find out; AG will alter the clubs for you within 12 months of purchase.

Took them on the practice ground yesterday afternoon and they feel even better than in the store - so sweet of the face. Will see how I get on with a full round this weekend.

(Just need to tart up the short game now!)