Mizuno vs ping irons

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I currently have a set on mizuno mx-19 irons but I am half tempted to change. My club pro has a set of ping g15 irons with new grips. They feel "lighter" but is that better? Anybody woth experience with either of these irons. I know the mizuno irons are old but do I get them re-gripped and keep practicing and upgrade when im better to a newer set?

I am a high handicapper so am i silly to spend money on annother set of "old-ish" irons
Had a set of MX19s, great clubs, I'd give the G15s a miss for now, hold out for G20 or later, the shafts in the 15s are not nearly as good, later models came with the new CFS shafts and will feel much better. And yes the pings are miles better, I'm now on my second set of pings, best irons on the market imo.

RichA

Visit site
I currently have a set on mizuno mx-19 irons but I am half tempted to change. My club pro has a set of ping g15 irons with new grips. They feel "lighter" but is that better? Anybody woth experience with either of these irons. I know the mizuno irons are old but do I get them re-gripped and keep practicing and upgrade when im better to a newer set?

I am a high handicapper so am i silly to spend money on annother set of "old-ish" irons
I'm a mid-high handicapper. I haven't used either of those but have owned and used other Ping G irons and more bladey Mizuno irons. I would have thought that Mizuno MX irons were pretty similar to Ping Gs of the same era.
Maybe the grips and shafts just felt better. I've found that a lighter shafted iron feels great for a short time but then I start getting a bit frenetic and wild with it where a heavier shaft forces me to be a bit more steady. I'm still chopping and changing my irons a bit but the logical side of my brain knows that I'd be much better off spending time and money on lessons and practice.