Irish Get Together

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going by the replys to the Auld Enemy post it would seem that a few of us in Ireland missed a post suggesting having a get together someday.On that post I and a couple of others have expressed an interest in arranging such a day.

From what i gather so far it would seem to interest the following GMFU

Me, clubchamp07, brendy, rgs and julsk10.

We should get our heads together now and arrange something, the Scottish lads had a great day by all accounts. Where is everyone based(im in Donegal/Derry area) and does anyone have a suggestion as to where we should play?

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm in Dublin-i think both Brendy & Clubchamp07 are based in NI.

That suggests a venue in Cavan, Monaghan or Louth area.

Suggestions-Slieve Russell Cavan, Nuremore Monaghan, Seapoint Louth,

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm busy the next 2 Sundays with golf then its Easter Sunday after that, so I think the only Sunday that would suit me would be the 30 March. I'll have a few junior matches to arrange in April so I'll be busy then aswell.

Smange, I have already invited the GM guys over so it would just be a matter for us to get in touch with MikeH again and see if he could work something out. But it would be a great day.

rgs would Enniskillen be to far out the way for you.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Clubchamp07--Enniskillen is about 3 hours from my place, thats why i suggested venues in Cavan, Monaghan near enough for all to travel.

But if everyone wants to go to Enniskillen I will follow, if time and date can be arranged and is suitable. Given that people are busy for the next few weeks it looks like early May is the most likely time for the meet.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
30th March suits me fine guys. Im totally open as to where we play as long as its within a reasonable driving distance. Where is everyone based?

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First we need everyone to confirm that the 30th March suits and they can make it, so come on guys lets get some confirmation of who can play on that day. I am a definate.

If we can use the 2-4-1 its a little bonus.

Im ok for Enniskillen, never been to Cavan, Louth or Monaghan but presuming they cant be much further than Enniskillen so im ok with them.

Have you guys played these courses before? Im only back playing golf for a couple of years so not played many courses in Ireland.

Handicap- 15

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sorry lads 30 March does not suit me-Hpefully we can arrange another outing later in the year and i will try and get there.

Any sign of the GM MAG staff taking up the challenge and coming over to the Emerald Isle to take on the locals???

julsk10

Head Pro
Visit site
Likewise Sun 30th isn't great for me. I am also from the North, not too far from Belfast. Would def be interested in a meet at some stage. I thought over the Easter break might have been good but then maybe not everyone gets much time off then. RGS I know you have suggested the west country but what about somewhere like Dundalk or Carlingford?

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
thats not so good if you two are out, what do you think clubchamp/brendy and anyone else who wants to play? Will we still go for a game on the 30th and organise another day as well or cancel plans for 30th and just plan another date altogether?

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seems to be brendy, no need to go so far afield me thinks. Looks like just a 3 ball then. Where to play now then seems to be the only question.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm easy with the 30th, hopefully we can arrange it. I seem to be in the middle with u smange in derry and brendy in bangor. Pick a venue and we can arrange it. Moyola, Hilton (charge a fortune Sundays), Galgorm, Killymoon where ever you like, I'm easy!

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well lads let me know I can always book Massereene for the 30th if you want about 12.30 it will only cost £13? not much more and it's in good nic at the moment!

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All the courses mentioned look good. Massereene was mentioned by you both, brendy and clubchamp so lets go for it. Will you book clubchamp? Pity we cant get at least one other body as would be great to get a fourball. Come on everyone else out there, surely one of you can make the 30th.

Agree with rgs, lets have a couple more meets and lets try to get a bigger turnout.