Irish Craic Classic 2014 Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
if one is contemplating coming over from over the water

What is the nearest airport, and how much are we going to clock up in taxi fares getting from a to b to c etc?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Id say Dublin & Belfast are pretty equidistant Phil ...both a bit of a spin tho .. bound to be some of us travelling past one or the other tho ..

Ferry an option & maybe cheaper with clubs and all , motor way virtually all the way to Cavan from dublin

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
if one is contemplating coming over from over the water

What is the nearest airport, and how much are we going to clock up in taxi fares getting from a to b to c etc?

If you can fly into Derry from your nearest airport then I can get you and you can travel up and down with us if not then it's Belfast or Dublin and I'm sure one of the guys passing near enough to whichever will happily get you as well

Go on get it booked, you know you really want to try the Guinness :cheers:

Just checked and Ryanair (I know) fly into Derry from Stansted

Last edited:

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's looking like the Concra/Cavan plans are favourite for most so unless someone comes up with a blinding plan and price before tomorrow evening I'm going to close this thread and start taking names and deposits as from Monday morning.

We do need to start confirming our tee times as these are busy courses and they have already quite a few times booked on the days we are looking to play as well as getting the B&B booked.

So final plan and costs are

Friday 4th July - Concra Wood Black Tee Open €35 (€40 any non GUI members who are joining us) Tee Time approx 12midday

Saturday 5th July - Farnham Estate G.C. €25 (€30 inc. buggies which they have none available for that day at minute) Tee Time 10.30am first group

Sunday 6th July - Slieve Russell G.C €35 (about a 30 min drive from digs) Tee Time approx 12 midday

Accomodation will hopefully be in this place http://www.thebridgecavan.net they have availability at minute and at a cost of €37 euro each per person per night. I have so far asked for 4 twin rooms but if we need more they have more plus I have details of another guest house in the town if The Bridge happens to run out of rooms.

All this meaning a final cost for the full weekends plans is €169.

That includes your three rounds of golf and your accomodation.

For anyone not going to the full weekend obviously their price will be dependant on what they are playing/staying.

How does a €50 deposit sound payable as soon as you like but no later than Sunday 2nd February.

For anyone who hasn't read the whole thread and seen the links to the courses

http://www.concrawood.ie/home

http://www.slieverussellgolf.ie

http://www.farnhamestate.ie/golf-course

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wouldnt be so sure of that Robert .. i know we were an "athletic" bunch but BRIGHT clothes ???

mmmmmmmmmmm .. think about that one mate :D

Don't give an extruded brown mess of digested food stuff. I will be wearing bright clothes so bring sunglasses. I'll also be gaming my yellow FG tours ;)

Last edited:

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't give an extruded brown mess of digested food stuff. I will be wearing bright clothes so bring sunglasses. I'll also be gaming my yellow FG tours ;)

No you wont.....

Its 6 months away......you will have them all lost in 6 weeks never mind months

And at least your bright clothes will give us something to give you stick about coz you never got any last year :whistle: :mmm:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

Looking forward to it .. sunglasses it is ,,

new courses
old friends
same old craic

might even look out a colourfull top ... ha might differ from yours tho ha ha

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Phil, can get flights from Luton to DUblin approx 78 quid return, 10kg limit on bag so an extra 25 each way for hold baggage.

Car hire from dublin is 45 quid for the 3 days for a golf tdi/equivalent

You can hir clubs for 60 euro's which is 40 cheaper than ryanair to take your home and include r1/rbz etc and womens shafts ;)

basically about 380 ish all in. I was weighing it up but add on beverage money and it gets expensive lol

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Id think doing a foot passenger on the boat with someone collecting on the way might be best/cheapest. You can walk on with bag over your shoulder and a smallish suitcase or if there are two or more, the car could work out very well splitting the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.