'Interesting' Email conversation. Warning - long 'rant'!

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Talk about holding a grudge :eek:

There are plenty of courses around here, I don't need to be going back to places where I don't feel welcome

My impression from spending a round with you some years back is that your a very easy going and level headed guy.... That must have tested you!

Haha, yeah. Not much gets to me but there are some things I just won't tolerate. If they don't want me there, I won't go. I don't remember the course being that special anyway.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There are plenty of courses around here, I don't need to be going back to places where I don't feel welcome

Haha, yeah. Not much gets to me but there are some things I just won't tolerate. If they don't want me there, I won't go. I don't remember the course being that special anyway.

Actually I'm the same - and in a pretty similar area, 10-15 miles away.

Not entirely sure why this particular incident got to me so much. Probably the sheer bloody mindedness of the group and the 'who cares, it happens all the time' attitude of the Manager.

@Fish I only recognise 1 of those pics, but I'm probable a combo of all 3.

The actual issue is that I shouldn't need to be any of them! It simply reflects why I am so enthusiastic about the 'modern' approach to Golf (and its marketing), in 1 case even by a 100 year old club, that I experienced a few days either side of that incident!

The pity is that I know a bit about the history of that club, having actually played with the owner elsewhere, and it was supposedly intended to be a very laid back/non-stuffy sort of place!