• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
How big is the core team now? If the Scottish sec was included then you would also need to add the Welsh and Irish as well, no English sec of course..........What starts as a core becomes a huge committee and too cumbersome. You can't include everyone if you want it to actually make decisions. People need to be grown up about it but they don't want to as that doesn't suit their own agenda.

Yes - I absolutely agree. But by not including the Scottish Secretary, other than by invitation, an impression of Scotland not being the equal partner promised is given, and this is lapped up by Indy supporters.

I read that there are 12 ministers on May's core team - nice nod to the 12 disciples there (wondering who plays Judas - who will betray her (Hammond?); who is Peter her closet ally but who is crucified for his troubles (Davis?); and Simon the Zealot (Johnson?). But I'm afraid I would struggle to argue that Andrea Leadsom merits inclusion ahead of Mundell and what would be lost?

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Inevitable timing really. The SNP want to link the two, it gives them justification in their eyes. Not sure what the justification for IndyRef3 will be. I'm sure Nicola's successor will find one.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Inevitable timing really. The SNP want to link the two, it gives them justification in their eyes. Not sure what the justification for IndyRef3 will be. I'm sure Nicola's successor will find one.

In case most of you down south hadn't noticed we have and SNP gov in Scotland and number one on its manifesto is an Independent Scotland... so this can't be that much of a surprise

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What was the point of saying that...? It's exactly the sort of statement coming from south of the border that nationalists feed off and use to justify their case. "The English don't give a...about us"
The point was that it's 'Doom' saying it and he says nothing that's not designed to get a reaction.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In case most of you down south hadn't noticed we have and SNP gov in Scotland and number one on its manifesto is an Independent Scotland... so this can't be that much of a surprise

"Once in a generation". Us down south, but still north actually, remember that very clearly. I read his lips as he spoke. Foolishly I took the SNP at their word.

Yes their name is a clue but I did hope the ink would be fully dry on the ballot papers before this was resurrected again.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
"Once in a generation". Us down south, but still north actually, remember that very clearly. I read his lips as he spoke. Foolishly I took the SNP at their word.

Yes their name is a clue but I did hope the ink would be fully dry on the ballot papers before this was resurrected again.

You believed something King Eck said.... thats part of the problem;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Zero alcohol beer tastes like dishwater. Forget about it. Just have a lemonade or orange juice. Is it that big a deal to not drink beer, non alcoholic, for one night?

I presume it is not stocked because people don't buy it. Of course, they may not buy it because they don't get a chance to try it and like it. Vicious circle etc.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
DFT - I agree, it has to be good news. Both this and the limits for driving are areas where the rest of the UK should be following Scotland.
Hmm! I spent a week in Scotland recently and forget all about their much stricter drink drive limits for several days until somebody pointed it out to me. Fortunately I got away with it. Would pleading being English have got me off? Generally I only drank about a pint of beer and a glass of wine with a meal, which is OK in the rest of the UK.