• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Denmark.......One of the happiest countries to live in and now totally debt free.
Norway...running along the same lines.

It is amazing what you can do if you are a small well run independent country that is friendly with the rest of the world.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Denmark.......One of the happiest countries to live in and now totally debt free.

It is amazing what you can do if you are a small well run independent country that is friendly with the rest of the world.

And yet you don't want this for the UK, only for Scotland?

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

After that statement, can you just nip over to the A50 thread and eat some humble pie please? Thanks.
BTW I deal with Norway. Since the oil price dropped they have been skint.
And you might want to consider that "well run" bit. Going off current and past performance I am not really sure you can expect that from the SNP.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Well if we do vote for independence here's hoping we elect a government that run us well

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I doubt if England would ever follow Scottish values. Wales might.
NI will probably unify with Ireland so have similar values.

Could you elaborate on what you mean here? Are you talking politically and if so could you expand on it because this phrase is lost on most here.

As to Ireland unifying, thats as likely as Westminster rolling over and letting the SNP rub it's belly.

U

User62651

In this case I'm sure that 'values' refers to a left of centre political view vs a right of centre political view. Nothing to do with race.

This thread is getting very silly ........ again.:mmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In this case I'm sure that 'values' refers to a left of centre political view vs a right of centre political view. Nothing to do with race.

If that is the case then it's wrong, Scotland and England have shared political views particularly at the ballot box when Tony Blair and his party came to power and remained for 13 years. Unfortunately the people of Scotland and England no longer share that parties views any more, it could easily change but unlikely in the short term.

I believe the Labour party under Blair was as neutral as a party has ever been, neither left nor right of centre.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You may be correct. It would have been less confrontational to have framed it that way though, if that is the meaning. This person has a track record of posting anti-English comments.

U

User62651

You may be correct. It would have been less confrontational to have framed it that way though, if that is the meaning. This person has a track record of posting anti-English comments.

There are comments going in both directions that can be read as anti Scottish/English. Winding each other up might be fun for a bit but it goes too far and ends up a bit tedious for the rest of us. People laughing (via emoji) at their own naff racial stereotyping 'jokes' being the worst element imo.

Last edited by a moderator: