If you could CTRL-Z one moment in your life ...

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We got into this discussion during a round the other day - a key moment in your life you wish had gone the other way. Of course you would not be where you are now without that possible wrong decision but it is still an interesting debate.

The one I had was a potential relationship in my 20s where I just did not realise how the other person felt about and I was not able to see it. So I went elsewhere and spent the next 30 years regretting it :-(

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was asked to play in a charity football match, didn’t really want to.
Was brought down from behind dislocated my knee and tore ACL.
18 months off work , never played again.
This is why I took up golf .

23 yrs old absolutely devastated. Would love to play again but it’s not happening as I am 60 now.

D

Deleted member 18121

The house next door to my mum and dad went up for sale, it was in an absolute mess and needed gutting....I was told it was £165k to buy, I could only afford £150k so walked away from it.

I then bought a flat just as the housing market crashed (2007) and lost £20k on the asking price wiping out ALL of my equity, I've been renting ever since.

I then found out my parents were offered the house for £150k but that message didnt quite make its way to me :confused:.....that house sold 2 years ago for £325,000

My life would have been so different.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It wasn't exactly one moment, but I often wish that when I first moved out I hadn't have got a credit card and bought all the things I thought I needed straight away (TV, laptop, etc). It just escalated and I've been in debt ever since.

Jasonr

Club Champion
Visit site
Working in the industry I am in now and not having the guts to escape it when I had the chance to in my late twenties (pre-mortgage and plugging myself totally into the matrix)

Biggest regret of my entire life bar nothing.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Selling 2 cars that have now quadrupled in value. and on the same theme, not buying a 3 grand car i was offered which would now be worth 30k!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not admitting to the music teacher I’d properly composed a piece of music, instead I said I’d just guessed and put dots down randomly.
Not massive but I’d have probably studied music later in school had it been picked up on, something I wish I’d done now.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hitting a volley just a couple of inches out when I had the shot to beat the best tennis doubles pair I'd ever played. Seriously, I've never forgotten it even 20 years later.

D

Deleted member 18588

Not buying alot of Apple shares in the mid 90s when I had the chance as they were rock bottom then.

On a very similar note.

Not having my cheque book with me one lunchtime in 1988. A fellow member wanted me to go 50:50 with him on £200 worth of Next shares when the company was on the verge of collapse and the share price was 7p.

Have a look at the price now!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing rugby for the school team (U15) on a trip to France I scored a try in the second half in the corner and our kicker came over to take the kick. He'd missed three, on in front of the posts. I told him to go away, or something like that. To huge derision from my fellow players on the side line I carefully placed the ball down a long way out to make the angle better and gave it a very hard stare and prayed. I hit the sweetest kick ever. It sailed high and curled straight between the posts. I gave them all a nice wave with my two fingers........and never played for the team again. I only wish I'd just swaggered back. (I have loads more of CRTL -Z but this would have been the most satisfying). I now realise I hated rugby.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Taking too much stock in what my parents told me at 17. Had done a year at college at that point but hadn't done brilliantly (as wasn't really into the course) and my year head told me to consider transferring to another course which was vaguely related to the part of the current course that I had done well on. Being the age I was (& because the course I was on had been something that my parents felt I would enjoy), I asked them and they encouraged me to stick it out.
I eventually bailed on the career about 5 years later and went back to college & did something completely unrelated but sometimes wonder what would have happened if I had taken my year head's advice instead.

Also, unrelated to this, my parents also told me that I would get very bored of the drums when I showed interest in learning when I was about 9, so didn't - I look back now & think it was a ploy to not have to put up with the noise. Damn them :D