I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

oleinone

Visit site
Senior inter club matchplay. Drawn against a guy with more or less the same handicap.Managed to roll in some putts to make a couple of halves when he clearly thought the hole was in the bag. The 8th a par 3 he hit to about 6ft leaving a downhill putt. I'm 15 yds left and below the green. Nice pitch to 8 ft below the hole and in went the putt. He missed his downhiller. This triggered a lot of moaning after which his game also went downhill. Easy win in the end but not very satisfying as it felt like he'd stopped trying.

MikeF86

Visit site
Played yesterday at Droitwich Golf Club with a few friends.

Absolute cracker of a parkland course, very unique holes, really good greens, easily the best I've played on in the area (Maybe on par with Worcester Golf and Country Club - been a while though)

If I could have putted, I'd have had a very good score, but happy with a gross 84 and 37 points with zero blobs around a new track.

Had a little pairs match on the side too and won that 3&2 - so a very good day out!

Strongly considering joining here next year, have plenty of friends there and its very local to me.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Strongly considering joining here next year, have plenty of friends there and its very local to me.

Where are you at now?

Its a cracking little course, nothing too strenuous in length and very unique holes.

Cant rate the greens highly enough either!

MikeF86

Visit site
Where are you at now?

Its a cracking little course, nothing too strenuous in length and very unique holes.

Cant rate the greens highly enough either!

Nomad currently but based in Stourport. Yeah, I'm sure the new greenkeeper is ex Leicester City staff and has worked wonders there. They do struggle when it gets wet though.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Nomad currently but based in Stourport. Yeah, I'm sure the new greenkeeper is ex Leicester City staff and has worked wonders there. They do struggle when it gets wet though.

I reckon it’s well worth a few rounds there to be sure but for what the weathers been like recently etc it’s in great shape

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
After being closed for the last 2 days our course was open for our medal today, i played well until i got near the green, 9 times I was on or very closed to the green and failed to get down in 2 shots. Interestingly I did not have my laser with me and I realised how much I am dependant on it, several times I hit either too long or too short because I couldnt work out the yardage.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After being closed for the last 2 days our course was open for our medal today, i played well until i got near the green, 9 times I was on or very closed to the green and failed to get down in 2 shots. Interestingly I did not have my laser with me and I realised how much I am dependant on it, several times I hit either too long or too short because I couldnt work out the yardage.
I bet you were quick though 😁

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played last night.

Apart from from holing out from 80 yards for an eagle 2 on our 6th I played like a complete knob.

Handicap up to 8.1 now

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played yesterday and not much to report other than a birdie on our 16th, which is stroke hole 1.
Tee shot smashed over the trees, half wedge to ten feet, downhill right to left putt, BOOOM!

TheHeron

Visit site
Took the opportunity of a break in the weather to play a quick 9 last night. Already missing the extra yards gifted by the dryer weather, don't think I got a drive past 240...

Shot 46 which is about average for me. Actually won a Big Bertha 1.5 mini on eBay yesterday after trying one a few months back and really getting on with it. I despise Driver. It's the only club in my bag I have zero confidence with standing over the ball and thin yesterday was the breaking point. More then happy to sacrifice a bit of distance if it means I can find more fairways.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Got out for 9 earlier but the course should have been (and subsequently was) closed.

3 club wind as well on the coast. Getting a par on our 18th was no mean feat into the teeth of it so at least I finished on a high - driver, hybrid, 9 iron where I'm usually hitting a driver, 8 iron 😂.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
9 holes this evening, started bogey, bogey and then made a really nice birdie followed by 4 pars in a row. Bogey on 8 followed by a silly double on 9 but it was pretty dark and cold by then for a gross 4 over.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Played Royal Liverpool in the One Club race to The Open final day.
I qualified for this after a stellar medal round back in June - there were 15 finalists there in total.
I took the youth along with me as my plus one, and to do the caddying duties.
Salmon Florentine for brunch before our round, and a few snaps with the Claret Jug.
Course is still set up from The Open layout, so we started on 17 and played it as the pros did, there is still lots of scar tissue from the stands etc.
I didn’t strike the ball well at all but quickly figured out I needed to keep the ball on the fairway whenever possible but even so - I struggled to get going. Short game was good as was the putter which kept my score ticking over.

The back nine seemed almost relentlessly into the wind which must have been touching 30mph at times - proper links weather - plus a few heavy downpours - fantastic. :ROFLMAO:

Made a nice par on Little Eye with a punchy 8 iron, and followed it with a steady down wind par on the last.

Food and drink provided afterwards, while prizes were presented.
Great day out, get yourselves signed up next year, you just need one worldly round to get a chance of the final, and you never know, you might just win a decent prize on the day as well…

Me and buggerlugs are away to Troon next year. (y)IMG_2805.jpegClaret Jug Reszed.jpg18th Hoylake.jpg

Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
Played in an informal society day for a former sports club of mine, at a course I don't usually play.
Thrilled to shoot 3 under my PH for 39 points. Finished exactly halfway down the field. 👍👍👍😬😬😬🤷🤣
I find it mad that people talk about this stuff happening in actual comps at their actual golf clubs.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
September Stableford off our back blue tees, started with a blocked drive but didn't look too bad, got down there and couldn't find it, blob. :(
Shanked one on 6 never to be seen again.
Pulled my second into the pond on 13 for a watery blob and finished poorly, double, double.

But had some good stuff in between and scored 34 (35 off 100%) so should get a small cut, the smallest in fact of 0.1 😂

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Big comp today..Centenary Salver...
Started with a birdie - never a good thing and so it proved.
1 over after 5 then 5 shots gone in the next 4 holes without playing badly....6 over for the front - just 1 shot left
And that went on the 10th
But then 3 pars put kept me on handicap until 15....
A pushed drive and I was behind trees, a couple of shots later and I'm in deep rough....Next shot I was still in deep rough
And then, from 60 yards, I hack it to 2 feet and end with a 7.....stupid game.
Another double followed and then the Golfing Gods, who can still kiss my butt, gave me 2 perfect pars to finish..
Nett 76 (+5) and comfortable mid table mediocrity.