I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played in a 2BBB team today , off the whites, 85% handicap allowance , so i received 9 shots . Partner had the max 24. Not a boast but I came in on all 18 holes and scored a gross 76 for 40 points to equal my best round ever. 4 birdies too. So gutted that, despite requesting, I'm not able to submit the card for handicap purposes even though it was a pure medal round , off the tips with no gimmes.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well, something has happened to my golf in the last three weeks. The DB4 H4H Meet I knock it round 2 over gross off back tees. Win and best ever knock off our back tees. But I hadn’t registered before so couldn’t submit my card…besides pro say it’s easy when it doesn’t really matter.🙄

Two weeks later (last Saturday) in Saturday Monthly Medal I do 2 over gross again and win both Gross and Nett. And best ever ‘for handicap’ round equalling my best ever of two weeks before. HI cut to 7.6 - the lowest ever under WHS and down to CH of 8

Then today.

Played in club’s main over 55 one day cup comp - stableford scoring off forward tees. And blow me down…do I not go and knock it round in 4 over (and 40pts). Best gross off front tees. Won with 41 but I was equal 2nd. Likely to see my HI cut to about 7.0. Again my lowest HI ever. And I reflect on a round that had one double bogey; two singles, and 15 pars. Blimey…never had that many pars in a round before.

Lots of ‘bests’ and ‘lowest evers’ these last three weeks. Unexpected but dead chuffed. It’s been a hard 2 yrs lessons and practice, but paying off. It’ll all go wrong now…🤣

ETA…new HI is 6.9 👍

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Medal today. Started on the 13th. Very tidy front nine with no doubles - just pars and bogeys, level handicap at the half way stage. Unfortunately the first double arrived on the 4th (start of our back nine), and another one on the 8th after a poor drive meant I needed to take a drop. Finished strongly though by parring the 10th and 11th and a straightforward bogey on the SI1 12th to end.

Finished with 82, net 68 (level par), so quite happy with that in the end. Played sensible medal golf and limited any disasters to just two double bogeys. Greens were still inconsistent with the work done plus the recent conditions, so on another day I might have holed a couple more putts.

I have an 82 dropping off the bottom of my record coincidentally, so I've replaced it like for like. Was never likely to win anyway, when a 16 capper shot 7 over for a net 59. 😬 Finished 8th though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

Had nothing yesterday, felt flat and couldn’t find the middle of the club face. 9 over par front 9 😱
Then something changed and I started to play well. 3 back 9 birdies including a 2 💷 followed.

Weird game

Teebs

Visit site
4BBB and prob the best I've hit the ball all year. 76 gross on my ball and net 66 as a team (-6) and a top 10 placing.

Always kept my ball in play and my iron play was really good. Tough conditions with cooler weather and wet ground but managed to work the ball well. Highlight was a 215y 5w to 10ft on a long par 4 (used to be a par 5).

October medal in a few weeks and that's it for 2023 comps

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Medal at our place yesterday and probably only the second one I've entered this year - quite enjoyed it in a perverse way.

Ended up with an 85 and finishing 3 over net which I was pretty happy with considering I had two snowmen on the card - frustratingly both as the result of trying to play it safe and taking the low risk option after getting in a spot of bother.

All in all fairly happy with my scoring given I don't think any aspect of my game was particularly firing. The amount of putts I left on the edge or didn't quite give enough to get it there was very frustrating.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Men's pairs league match at home. Both my partner and I lost balls on the 1st from out of nowhere having seen where they both went! Not a great start.
Eventually though won 3&2 and I shot 81, which means I shot my new single figure handicap first time playing it.
Happy enough for sure.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today was interesting, I am in a facebook golf group and there was a meet organised at Hart Common GC, I was the only woman playing and I was told the comp was from the yellow tees so I negotiated and got an additional 5 shots so was playing off 16 rather than 11. The yellow course was 700 yds longer than the red ans some of the par 4s were a struggle, in fact there were only couple I could even reach in two shots, and as for the 446 yds uphill par 4 18th, well I was delighted to get a 6.
I did manage 32 points which related to a gross 92, which for a 6300yd plus course I was pretty pleased with, and I won a nearest the pin, I took my driver!

RichA

Visit site
Just played The Bristol Club en route to a 3 nighter in Devon. Nice course. The lightning fast greens took a few holes to get used to.
Most importantly, 31 Stablefords secured first place and the double room with en suite at the Airbnb.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played in the " Presidents Prize" comp yesterday, the current President being my next door neighbour- I was hoping he'd lob the prize over the fence to me 😉
Nice 19 points playing the 10th to 18th but then pulled a glute muscle and then hobbled round the front 9, in pain and only 14 points. Trouble was that I had my best score of 83 dropping out, which was a comp winning score, so my handicap goes up a whole shot 😖 I didn't want that !

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Stableford comp today, 36 points off 95%, hopefully be a tiny cut of some sort but there were quite a few good scores so PCC might go to +1

Again I was in good shape coming into the last few holes but a bad tee shot on the 16th resulted in a lost ball for nil points and only managed a total of 3 points for 17 and 18. :(

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Joined a small and I believe fairly new local golf society on Facebook recently and went to my first Society Day yesterday at Scraptoft (Voyager EMH's club).

I played with three guys with playing handicaps on the day of 42, 43 & 43. Yes, you have read that corrrectly. All nice guys, two of whom have taken up the game in the past few months and have just joined local clubs and the other one just plays the odd round and tracks his handicap on an app. We did keep pace with the group in front and so they didn't hold up play and it was good to be able to answer any queries that they had about rules, handicaps etc. It seemed a good environment to introduce the guys to new courses and fellow golfers and a Sunday afternoon is ideal as most courses are fairly quiet then.

The guy using the app struck the ball well and scored 44pts (winning score). I would put him with a 28 handicap in reality. Understandably he got asked where he had hidden his sombrero, but all in good fun.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
played at Manchester today in and individual open, strange round, although my long game was solid, my shortish shots were very poor, 6 or 7 times I had around 59 yards to the green and failed to find the green and then took another 3 to get down I was loosing a good score too so my handicap will be going up to 9.6 tomorrow
I did almost get an an ace though, the ball looked right on the pin and finished up only 6 inches away, probably the nearest almost an ace I have had.