I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Predominantly rammel, but a three wood from 170 on the 17th landed lbs of the green and rolled towards the pin.us four went through that quiet stage thinking hang on. It finished 3 ft at the back of the pin. Got me two.
That aside it was an odd day. Bladdered it down for a couple of holes having hung around the club for 90 mins. Water proof trousers off, then waterproof coat.Then cap and winter jumper finishing with shorts and polo.Weather really was a bit of everything.

RichA

Visit site
Torquay Golf Club today on our trip. Nice course. Shame about the largely miserable members and the grouchy old geezer in the pro shop. Not a great way to greet green fee paying visitors.
Chased around the course by people who clearly weren't paying for a one off round and made us feel like we were slow. 3 hours 40 minutes for a fourball seems reasonable to me.
More importantly, I won with 33 points and retained the double room.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Last handicap qualifying comp of the year for me today.
One shot worse than my 8th best. Couldn't hole a putt on the back nine and had a 3-putt from long range on our largest green the 13th. 19 putts on the back nine! Argh!
Nowt worse than a bogey all the way round. Could have had a cut, if the putter had worked better. Ho hum.

Will be 4.3 for the winter then.
Allocated 4.1 at the start of WHS.
Three blummin' years, just to go up by 0.2.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Overnighter to Ashburnham in the far flung depths of South Wales to use a freebie voucher.
Storm Agnes could have put a real dampener on things and driving down we went through the rain that abandoned the ODI at Bristol....bonkers rain and things were looking dicey.
Got to the club, its been there since 1894, looked OK apart from the near empty car park
Checked in and we were told we could go anytime we liked.
It was...breezy but dry so off we went.
First coup,e and last couple of holes were a bit soft, they've obviously struggled with the weather and I have a feeling the finances aren't too great
It was a bit rough and ready in places but the 30mph wind, gusting 40, gave us something to think about..
Really good fun and we only got wet between holes 8 and 10
I had 1 point after 4 holes, bobbed the last but still managed 29 points, including 18 coming back into the wind, courtesy of 3 birdies
Trip home was dire , the weather really got going but we made it.
A good couple of days with a good mate, p,entry of laughs, a bit of beer and some reasonable golf.

RichA

Visit site
Last day of our Devon trip today.
Dainton Park yesterday morning was in lovely condition and is very welcoming to visitors. Considering it's only 30 years old and very reasonably priced, it's as good a golf course as I've played.

Against my better judgment, I joined my younger pals for a second round in the afternoon during Storm Agnes at Churston. The weather probably affected the enjoyment, but I didn't feel it was as good as it thinks it is. £240 for a fourball with 2 buggies wasn't great vfm.

Teignmouth GC this morning before heading home to Hertfordshire.

D

Deleted member 25172

36-hole open comp yesterday at South Herts Golf Club.

Great start to the day, going out in 50, 13 over par. Played the back 9 1 over. 🤷‍♂️

Afternoon I was at least consistently crap on both 9s, being 7 over and 6 over respectively to finally sign for an 85.

Driver is going back in the loft.

4.8 differential score fell off, replaced by a 9.7, so handicap gone from 7.6 to 8.2.

But we didn’t have any rain throughout the day! 👍👌

RichA

Visit site
Just played Teignmouth GC in Devon. In my short golfing career, I haven't played a moorland course before and this was lovely. Flatter than I expected, considering the drive up, but still beautiful and some exciting holes. The 230 yard par 3 18th was a challenging finish.
Lovely course, nice staff and friendly members.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Front nine today was totally rammel with 8 points. Back nine 20 points. How can you go from one extreme to another.

Had an odd hole though. Played today off yellows. Got to our 12th hole a par 3. We followed a seniors club v club comp In which they played off the yellows. The yellow tee was off 165 yards.The white tee which is usually behind the yellow was on the winter tee and was 125 yards. Everyone else in the fuddle was giggling as they played off the whites. Smacked my tee shot 15 foot from the pin. Never seen a yellow pin in front of a white before In a comp.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
it was our final qualifyer today, I generally played pretty well but 2 or 3 poor fairway woods, meant I didnt score very well, I will be finishing the season on 9.6 after going up on monday when I lost one of my best rounds.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out early a day after Greens Maintenance....and they played ok
A bit bumpy at times and a bit sandy but...
Very steady day found me standing on the 18th 1 under level 2s..
Decent drive was followed by, from nowhere, a mahoosive hook with my 4h OB, over the wall, down the drive and onto the road....
Bugger.
35 points it was then....
Had a good score dropping off so the Index will be up to 6.1 in the morning.
Bugger.....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played the member and guest betterball at Ingrebourne, kindly hosted by @pauljames87.

Started on fire with four straight pars, but then crashed back down to earth with five awful holes in a row - three doubles two blobs. After they were out of the way I was back to playing decent golf. Had no more doubles or worse for the rest of the round, they just all came in that five hole stretch.

Final score was 91 for me, 31 points - disappointed not to break 90 but it was a much longer course than mine and most holes were lined with some very spiteful gorse bushes which didn't do me any favours at all.

In the comp it was 85% allowance which put me off 12, but Paul and I dovetailed fairly well, he was lethal on the par 3s with his hybrids, and we achieved a very respectable 42 points. Just 4 points off the winners and 2 points behind 2nd place so pretty pleased with our performance overall. And Paul as he stated earned himself a lovely box of Callaway Warbirds for his nearest the pin. 😆

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played the member and guest betterball at Ingrebourne, kindly hosted by @pauljames87.

Started on fire with four straight pars, but then crashed back down to earth with five awful holes in a row - three doubles two blobs. After they were out of the way I was back to playing decent golf. Had no more doubles or worse for the rest of the round, they just all came in that five hole stretch.

Final score was 91 for me, 31 points - disappointed not to break 90 but it was a much longer course than mine and most holes were lined with some very spiteful gorse bushes which didn't do me any favours at all.

In the comp it was 85% allowance which put me off 12, but Paul and I dovetailed fairly well, he was lethal on the par 3s with his hybrids, and we achieved a very respectable 42 points. Just 4 points off the winners and 2 points behind 2nd place so pretty pleased with our performance overall. And Paul as he stated earned himself a lovely box of Callaway Warbirds for his nearest the pin. 😆

Think that might be the best I've every played the par 3s in 1 round .. +1 is very respectable

Just a shame those 2 holes with the 1 points but hey there was some great golf in-between

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played at Cleeve Hill today with a few other vintage club headcases. Played it once before but I'd forgotten what a great fun course it is.
The weather was perfect and the greens were just to my liking 👌

And for the icing on the cake I had a good round, 84 gross off the yellow tees.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Out yesterday at Invergordon golf club, course in immaculate condition, but heavy rain to start and strong winds all day made for a difficult days golf.
Highlight was playing with a guy off +2, in his 70’s, was just phenomenal to watch, was 280 minimum off the tee and just flag hunting every single hole.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf is annoying. Entered Stableford comp today, starting on the 8th. Birdied the 9th, double on 10th after taking two out of the bunker (sand was like cement today though). Three pars in a row on 11-12-13, the first two of those are very tough holes too. After birdying the 18th as well I was entertaining thoughts of winning the thing. Fool.

Missed a tap-in on the 3rd resulting in a double bogey blob. Double on the 4th after another crap bunker. Double on the 5th with a three-putt. Finished on 36 points. Absolutely fuming, should have been at worst 38 if not 40.

Shot 82 AGAIN. So last five gross scores are 83, 82, 83, 82, 82. Replaces a similar round on my record so probably won't even get cut, unless maybe by 0.1. But should have been looking at a decent cut today. This game is just a pain in the backside sometimes. I don't know why I can't get over the line and get back to shooting 80s and 79s.

Last edited: