I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
"Friendly" 4BBB this morning, my partner & I were -4 gross when we shook hands on a 2 & 1 loss... :eek: And we both double bogeyed one hole, so that was 6 birdies & 10 pars round the other 16 :rolleyes:

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bogey comp today. Mentality has changed somewhat over the years to these. Used to hate them, nowadays I just play them as a medal.
Ended up shooting level gross for a +1 score. 6 off the winning score of +7(from a 19hcp)
Happy with that, Bogeys are not a low mans comp.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bit of a repeat from Wednesdays comp.

3 over thru 12 and hitting it well. Pulled tee shot on 13 plugged in a bit of soft ground on the hill and didnt kick towards the green. Poor chip and dropped one. Got cute on my approach to the next and missed 6 footer for par.
Wind hard off the left on 15 SI 1. Played it well left off the tee. Big boomer got caught the wind and sailed over the fence by 2 yards. Moved about 60yards in the air. Blank. Lost the head after that and blanked a short par4. Really just throwing the toys out of the pram and hit the self destruct button by bashing driver off the tee. Par par home to finish on 34.

Good round slipped by.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Played this evening quite late, rocked up and was the only car in the car park so course totally to myself.

Lessons definitely paying off, playing really nicely. Just hope it is the same in the morning when it matters.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played in the semi-final of our club foursomes comp yesterday. Matching team handicaps meant it was played off scratch. Touch and go to start with but ended up 3up after 13. Then promptly lost lost 14/15/16 to go back all square. Won 17 with a par and then lost 18 to one. So then had to do a bit of queue jumping to get on the tee to go back down the first (a 230yd par 3.) We put our ball just short of the front fringe whereas they'd put theirs into a group of small trees. Was delighted to find it nestled up against a tree with an impossible shot to play. Really hard not to smile too much. They eventually got on the green in three but 40ft away,, then missed the putt. Whereas we were 3ft away in 2. Match over. Phew. Chuffed to bits to be in final.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in the semi-final of our club foursomes comp yesterday. Matching team handicaps meant it was played off scratch. Touch and go to start with but ended up 3up after 13. Then promptly lost lost 14/15/16 to go back all square. Won 17 with a par and then lost 18 to one. So then had to do a bit of queue jumping to get on the tee to go back down the first (a 230yd par 3.) We put our ball just short of the front fringe whereas they'd put theirs into a group of small trees. Was delighted to find it nestled up against a tree with an impossible shot to play. Really hard not to smile too much. They eventually got on the green in three but 40ft away,, then missed the putt. Whereas we were 3ft away in 2. Match over. Phew. Chuffed to bits to be in final.

Don’t feel even slightly bad, I smiled myself when you described how you’d found it ?

Well done on the win and best of luck in the final ??

AliMc

Visit site
Another 3 hour trip up to Inverness yesterday with my son to meet his girlfriend ? ❤ I went on to Invergordon for a game, decent enough course but very heavy with all the rain they have had, haven't been able to cut the fairways so not much run, played decent enough, shot 4 over 73 helped enormously by finishing with 3 birdies, I'm spared driving duties for a while as she is coming down from Skye to stay with us for a week early June as it is his 18th birthday on the 11th

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bogey comp today. Mentality has changed somewhat over the years to these. Used to hate them, nowadays I just play them as a medal.
Ended up shooting level gross for a +1 score. 6 off the winning score of +7(from a 19hcp)
Happy with that, Bogeys are not a low mans comp.
I played a bogey last week and found it really strange.
Had a 15ft for half but was thinking it’s going to count for WHS and started thinking about the return putt.
Where really it’s matchplay and should not matter.
Very strange format for WHS imo.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
First comp ever for me yesterday, a medal.

Didn't play great to be honest but managed to scrape around to my handicap, but ended up with a 0.3 cut because of the course rating (I assume?) and because it was only my 4th score submitted.

Plenty of shots left out there and the wind really picked up through the round, by the time I was playing the last 3 holes it was into a 3 club wind.

Highlight was being paired with two 85 year old blokes. Feared the worst with slow play etc but they were brilliant, got to their ball and hit it - no messing. Got round in 4 hours which is quicker than I'd feared.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Late afternoon round with a couple of mates.
Putting like a demon, saved me countless times on route to a +4 round of 75.

Playing the Q Star Tour ball again and I am really liking it. Also liking the 6 for £12 the pro is doing on them ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Open at Knaresborough today. Very blowy, making a long course longer. Too inconsistent, not hitting long second shots well enough right now and that was damaging today. When they go wrong it impacts the rest of my game, puts too much pressure on elsewhere.

I need a practice session to just smooth a few things out.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Bit of a poor round for me today overall.

Driver was very well behaved, hit it as well as I ever have done. Just started hooking my irons and didn’t get up and down. Ended with a poor 29 points

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
A great weekend for myself and pals from Gullane. Friday saw us at Rosemount for the start of our weekend, and although a wee bit wet to start with it soon cleared up and despite strong winds, the course played well with receptive greens and plenty of roll on the fairways. Following our game, we drove up to Nairn through some horrendous weather. Taking the scenic route past Glenshee and the Lecht ski slopes we encountered heavy snow and rain showers but hardly met any traffic. The following day we played Nairn which has been on my 'Must Play' list for some time and I must say I was not disappointed. A tad breezy and with a few showers, the course was absolutely fantastic and the reception we received from the staff including pro shop, starter and bar was most welcoming. The course itself was in great condition and playing from the white tees was a challenge. The scenery across the Firth was dramatic and gorgeous in the same degree. Following a night in Nairn we travelled south to Grantown on Spey to play in their Texas Scramble which is a course which turned out to be a great challenge with a definite three groups of six holes which were a great challenge . Having never played it before it is a course which demand playing again to really appreciate it. Fairways and greens were particularly soft due to the recent weather conditions, but I recon in the summer it would be a fantastic place for a day trip. Overall a great weekend following the lockdown and hopefully the start of many more to come.

StuartH90

Visit site
Joined Goswick recently and played yesterday afternoon with a friend - matchplay.

All Square after six, six holes lost on the spin to end up shaking hands on the 13th. Very windy (Driver + 3w in to the par 4s and still short) but great fun.

Roll on next weekend to make up for it!