I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got as far as the second tee and and teed off. The ball is still there on the right hand side as far as I know.
The other two did say something about going to get it but I was already on my way back to the clubhouse.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I didnt play but had a lesson with the new head pro at Littlestone, really nice guy and his task was to sort my shonky driving out. We did a Trackman session and I tried my old M2 driver which isn't being used and my Ping 400 which has a 76 gram stiff shaft. The pro said he was sure I couldn't hit it but in the end told me to leave it in the bag and just dont straighten the right leg at the top of the swing ?

The result (the short ones were the only 2 shots with a 7 iron I hit)

Screenshot_20210525-182649_Samsung Internet.jpg

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
After the claustrophobic, tree lined courses at Forest Pines, today I played the vast, open spaces of Stoke Rochford in a Senior's Open.
To give an idea of how wide open it is, I didn't even come close to losing a ball. :eek:

Lovely course but it rained for most of the round, scored 33 points.

1622046961341.png

1622052396115.png

And the rough either side wasn't very deep!

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good decision yesterday. Booked to go with the crowd at about 12.30 start Checked the weather forecast and decided to go on the 9 hole in stead. Half past 2 half way through the second 9 and decide to get in - almost in time before it started to tip down at 20 to 3.

Good, much needed session with irons and trying out a new to me sim 5 wood. Just need to take it out on the main course to see distances and if it is a keeper.

The annoying bit was somebody picked up my ball from Monday, I knew exactly what tree it was behind.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got a scratch K/O match today late pm - playing a lad with ch of 6. Will be tough off my ch of 11 - especially as I am having a lesson at 1pm to try and give me some pointers to sorting out my new H4 and 5F clubs - currently pretty disastrous. Fortunately I don’t mind if I lose today. Got a 4BBB K/O match on Sat so really today is prepping for that as much as anything.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played my first match of the season today against a 19 handicap, so was giving 15 shots , lost the first to a par, with a shot, but then played pretty well , 3 under for the next 15 holes to win 3 up on 16. He played ok , on another day im sure he would have beaten me .pretty steady player but I think he just tried to hard and went for pars when bogey much of the time would have sec a half. Nice guy had an enjoyable round. Nice to not play in rain for a change.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing in a comp today and all of were starting to lose the will to carry on we got stuck behind a guy who is notorious for being one the slowest members at the course. That group had lost 2 holes by the time they reached the 7 tee and probably 5 or 6 by the time they finished. Were were stood on the 15 tee with nobody else in sight other than them. A little dig in the car park probably totally ignored as this player reckons there is nothing wrong with slow play.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got a scratch K/O match today late pm - playing a lad with ch of 6. Will be tough off my ch of 11 - especially as I am having a lesson at 1pm to try and give me some pointers to sorting out my new H4 and 5F clubs - currently pretty disastrous. Fortunately I don’t mind if I lose today. Got a 4BBB K/O match on Sat so really today is prepping for that as much as anything.
Ach well - lost 3/2. But not dismayed.

Only 1 down at turn and given it was a scratch match and my opponent was 1 over par gross that’s good. But then lost three in a row to pars with me bogeying all three. Got it back to 2 down after 15 but another bogey on 16 saw me losing that and so end of story. Anyway. Onwards to the 4BBB match on Saturday. And I get shots in that one.

A beautiful warm and sunny evening on the course - with greens team out cutting and shaping fairways and rough preparing it for the inaugural English Mixed Gender Under 18 Championship being held at our place in four weeks time.

https://www.englandgolf.org/england-golf-breaks-new-ground-with-mixed-gender-junior-championship/

I think it’s going to look splendid for the comp and the cameras...and it’s going to be tough as we are growing the rough up very strategically as well,as narrowing and shaping the fairways way more than normal.

Last edited:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for nine holes after work tonight - wasn't really feeling in the mood but needed to get out of the house. Nice walk, brilliant weather, not great golf. Did notice though how much the rough has thickened up in the last week - there will soon be bits where you don't want your ball to go. On a similar (but off topic) subject - had a look at my lawn when I got home - needs another cut.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
18 holes as a guest of a friend yesterday on Woburn's Duchess Course!

Some photos on my Instagram :
Suffice to say the course beat me up - if I'd counted I reckon I'd have shot in the 100's, lost 4 balls and my nerve on the tee!

Great afternoon though catching up with a mate I'd not seen for ages, sometimes it's just not about the score - venue is top-class, food was lovely, greens are superb, but the tight tee shots are relentless and I'm just not accurate enough off the tee to do it justice!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
75 gross in our midweek stableford on Wednesday. Lost the comp by a shot. I had 5 bogies 1 birdie. Annoyingly I dropped 3 shots in the last 4 holes, all to 3 putts. One was just off the green where I tried to negotiate a sprinkler head and probably should have chipped, the other two were tough putts from distance. This was salt in the wound as the two bogies on the front were exactly the same. Both tough three putts from 30ft. Lesson learnt...... I need to practice my long putting.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
75 gross in our midweek stableford on Wednesday. Lost the comp by a shot. I had 5 bogies 1 birdie. Annoyingly I dropped 3 shots in the last 4 holes, all to 3 putts. One was just off the green where I tried to negotiate a sprinkler head and probably should have chipped, the other two were tough putts from distance. This was salt in the wound as the two bogies on the front were exactly the same. Both tough three putts from 30ft. Lesson learnt...... I need to practice my long putting.
Could you not ask for relief from the sprinkler head?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It wasn't in my stance, the sprinkler head was on the fringe and on my line of putt, about 2feet infront of the ball.
Understood, I just wondered when you see the pro’s getting relief for obstacles in their line .. no one says “nah mate , play it where it lies, you hit it there” but that might be an idiosyncrasy of the pro game.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Got out nice and early today and shot an 80 with two 3-off-the-tees. Been struggling with my irons and full wedge shots recently but a range session the other night seems to have sorted them *touches wood*.

Used the "approach" game at the top tracer range to give me some practice and i found it really useful for that sort of stuff.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Playing lesson the other week has worked wonders. 37 and 33 points for this week's 18 hole games (second one in a torrential downpour for the back 9) and 19 points in this mornings' 9 hole comp.

Irons are much better but still need a bit of improving (am closing the face too much and pulling them left) but am consistently creaming driver and hybrids which is lovely.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Have to be happy with my round today even though I didn't beat Mr Sombrero.
Started with 4 pars but slipped a little on 5, 6 and 8 for single pointers
Sunk a longish snaking putt on the 9th for a par.- 17 points out.
Par, birdie start on the back 9 and was stood on the 18th on level 2s.
Good drive, shocking 2nd, hack out 3rd, another hack out onto the green and 2 putts for 35 points.
Certainly the best I've played at home this year.
All is say about Fragger's round is that its hard work when he has a 360 yard head start on a 400 yard hole...:whistle::whistle:

D

Deleted member 3432

Flat calm this morning and rain stayed away. Clear course in front and nobody behind us, so millionaires golf.

Course is the softest it has been since we restarted so not very linksy at present. Hit it moderately but kept it out of trouble in the main for a 2 over 74.

Shared 9 birdies between the 2 of us.