I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played a scratch 4BBB against a couple of guys, one was ok but the other... So slow and when he did knock in a putt for a half or something there was a roar out of him like Rory at the Ryder Cup. Came across a bit of an infraction magnet.

We both played well but didn’t covert enough birdies. Lost 1 down. Crumbs.
Clearly you have never played with Fragger or heard him when he gets a par....:whistle:

D

Deleted member 15344

Played a club match at Aspley Guise yesterday - course was in lovely condition , nice birdie on the last to win our match but an overall loss

Today I managed to start to sink a few putts and scrabbled to a good 36 points. ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
2nd round of the season today at BL, in the Monthly medal.

Started playing rubbish, double, bogey, double, but then pulled it together and finished net 73, so that score will count in my 8/20 WHS scores. Close to a HIO on the 9th, 7 iron ended up about 6 inches short, dead on line.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Was selected to play for the club in an inter club away match, I did debate briefly whether to withdraw with my current fragile strokeplay form, but went for it. My oppo started fast, which played on that fragility and used two shot holes well to put me 5 down after 7 ? Thankfully I played the next 5 in level par, highlight being a 3W to 4ft on 220 yd par 3, to level the match. ?Momentum then shifted again as I gifted the next 2 holes, which included his last shot. So 2 down on the 15th tee ?. Managed to will the ball into the hole on 15 to set up a level par last 4 holes (2 ft bird on 17) to sneak a 2up win! ?
I have missed that buzz ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Monthly Stableford today. Actually got there early for once and had time for some warm-up swings in the nets. Played fairly well despite blobbing the 3rd (although it was only a double on a hole where I don't get a shot). Got three pars in a row after that so it was remedied quickly at least.

Birdie on the 18th sealed me 35 points (85 gross). Not enough to win anything but decent enough and might be a counting score in my handicap calculation now. I hit 62% fairways, 45% greens in reg, and three-putted six times. If only there was an obvious area for improvement.. it's a mystery really. Answers on a postcard.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Monthly Stableford today. Actually got there early for once and had time for some warm-up swings in the nets. Played fairly well despite blobbing the 3rd (although it was only a double on a hole where I don't get a shot). Got three pars in a row after that so it was remedied quickly at least.

Birdie on the 18th sealed me 35 points (85 gross). Not enough to win anything but decent enough and might be a counting score in my handicap calculation now. I hit 62% fairways, 45% greens in reg, and three-putted six times. If only there was an obvious area for improvement.. it's a mystery really. Answers on a postcard.
You need a stamp not a postcard!;)

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played my other match play against a 6 h/c won on first extra hole was 4 up after 9, dormie 3 lost those 3 one to a very good birdie.

That’s 3 matches against low guys lost 2 won 1 , so some small evidence that low guys win 55% of times ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Was really looking forward to a nice warm round of golf this afternoon, with a gentle breeze.

The first 12 holes were nice and warm, but there wasn't a gentle breeze. There was a 2 club wind.

Ended up with 85, which is level par with my course HC.

I feel there should have been a sub 80 round had today. But 3 silly doubles, and 30 putts put paid to that.

The greens were extremely slow. I lost count of the number of putts we left short and on line.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played next round of match play this morning against a 16 h/c won 5-4, I should have had another shot Sunday in the last round as my h/c went up to 17.2. The results from Saturday weren’t published in time.

Good job I won as I would have been annoyed, that extra shot I would have won that hole and the match wouldn’t have gone to extra holes

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The Gang of 3 played early this morning and we decided to put cards in
Great start, par on the first (3 points)
Blob on the 2nd
1 point on the 3rd, Blob on the 4th, both 2 shot holes, so 4 points after 4 holes
Par on the 5th (4 points) , blob on the 6th, par on the 7th (4 points), bogie on 8 and a double on 9
for 15 points on the front, (with 3 blobs), @Imurg was only doing marginally better at 16, @CVG had 13.

I then had a blob free back 9 scoring 22 points, with 3 more pars, so 6 pars all together, to end on 37 points
closed strongly with 9 points over the last 3 holes Crushing the opposition to oblivion.

Highly disappointed as if those 3 blobs had been converted into 3 points, I would have has my first cut in over 5 years
as it is , my index may reduce a tad, but it wont affect the number of shots i get yet.

so near , yet so far

D

Deleted member 15344

Decent round today in board - played to HC , leader who was given 4 shots with WHS currently has 50 points ????

Would have to shot 12 under par to beat him