I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great day today. Back to smashing the ball miles off the tee and straight I might add. Loads of par putts, most missed. Still bogey golf was ok. Simple 15cm putt on 16 for a birdie missed, got a 5 (bogey). Stunning drive on 18. 7 iron on to the green to within 1 meter with the gallery full. Sank the putt for a birdie to finish. Beer in the sun afterwards. 86 net 71. That'll do for me. My golf game is back. The wife had a rollercoaster day. Either great of very very bad. Big score on card. But what a beautiful day.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Played next round of match play this morning against a 16 h/c won 5-4, I should have had another shot Sunday in the last round as my h/c went up to 17.2. The results from Saturday weren’t published in time.

Good job I won as I would have been annoyed, that extra shot I would have won that hole and the match wouldn’t have gone to extra holes
Think you should be checking WHS before your match, and not waiting for the club to publish the comp results

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Another mildly frustrating round, but a new PB over 18 holes. Driving distance was well off. But the fairways have been left to grow quite long. So I'm going to blame that.

Front 9 consisted of 8 pars and a triple on a par 3 ?. 7 GiR but couldn't get anything to drop.

The back 9 was a bit scrappy, though ball striking was decent, unfortunately accuracy was slightly off. I was getting tired by this point in my defence. Made a couple of poor swings off the tee too which cost me a couple of shots. Still couldn't hole a putt.

Signed for an 83, which is a 2 under nett 70.

That sub 80 is in there somewhere.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another mildly frustrating round, but a new PB over 18 holes. Driving distance was well off. But the fairways have been left to grow quite long. So I'm going to blame that.

Front 9 consisted of 8 pars and a triple on a par 3 ?. 7 GiR but couldn't get anything to drop.

The back 9 was a bit scrappy, though ball striking was decent, unfortunately accuracy was slightly off. I was getting tired by this point in my defence. Made a couple of poor swings off the tee too which cost me a couple of shots. Still couldn't hole a putt.

Signed for an 83, which is a 2 under nett 70.

That sub 80 is in there somewhere.

congrats :D surely you should be celebrating a PB than being frustrated! slippery slope that lol

BiMGuy

Visit site
congrats :D surely you should be celebrating a PB than being frustrated! slippery slope that lol

Thank you.

You are absolutely correct. I'm delighted with the score and way I played today.

But the thing with golf. Is there is always a better score out there ?. And having previously been a 5 HC, it's difficult not to judge my scores on what I used to be able to do.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm in England so I check on the England golf site, or on the myEG app

Oh I maybe didn’t explain properly, I did look on the Scottish golf app and it just said pending, think the problem was we had a competition over Saturday and Sunday but nobody played Sunday and the h/c sec put the results from Saturday through after we played our match Sunday morning. ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just 60 balls on the range then 9 holes with two balls by myself late afternoon. And things are beginning to work with my new hybrid and wedges. If I can get things going with these clubs as seems to be happening I should be able to apply the same ball strike thinking to my new fairway wood and driver - and my new i210s when they turn up in two weeks time. I do believe that I am getting quite excited by the prospect of things to come. Onwards and Upwards to infinity and beyond...??

Last edited:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Oh I maybe didn’t explain properly, I did look on the Scottish golf app and it just said pending, think the problem was we had a competition over Saturday and Sunday but nobody played Sunday and the h/c sec put the results from Saturday through after we played our match Sunday morning. ?
Fair enough. I had thought the sages on here had said WHS would update overnight even if comp wasn't closed

The Dog.

Visit site
Level par on 17th tee then a bogey, bogey finish to lose the back 9 and match. Par putts both lipped out. Oh dear.

And decided my 3 wood has to go, we just don’t quite see eye to eye. When it is good it is awesome but it doesn’t behave consistently. I think a 4 wood to replace it and my 5 wood is the way to go.

D

Deleted member 21258

Last tee time on the East on Saturday at 6pm(traffic down was interesting:LOL:), just about finished before dark, as caught everyone up. Didnt keep score, as was playing with my swing.

Shot best score on Saunton West, for 35 points, couple of blobs its tricky course.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Last tee time on the East on Saturday at 6pm(traffic down was interesting:LOL:), just about finished before dark, as caught everyone up. Didnt keep score, as was playing with my swing.

Shot best score on Saunton West, for 35 points, couple of blobs its tricky course.
Last week it took a friend of ours 12hrs (or so she says) to drive from Brighton to Carbis Bay (Cornwall)...we are going down to same accommodation in ten days time ?

D

Deleted member 21258

Last week it took a friend of ours 12hrs (or so she says) to drive from Brighton to Carbis Bay (Cornwall)...we are going down to same accommodation in ten days time ?

12 hours, yeek:eek:

Normally takes us just over 4 hours with a couple of stops, but took us 8 hours with a quick one stop.

There were more queues on the M5 just after we turned off towards Barnstaple, it was mad, not that we helped as we were one of those stupid people travelling that way:oops::oops: Suppose that what Lockdowns and everything does, normally we never travel on a bank holiday. Came back Sunday night instead of Monday, just in case.

BiMGuy

Visit site
12 hours, yeek:eek:

Normally takes us just over 4 hours with a couple of stops, but took us 8 hours with a quick one stop.

There were more queues on the M5 just after we turned off towards Barnstaple, it was mad, not that we helped as we were one of those stupid people travelling that way:oops::oops: Suppose that what Lockdowns and everything does, normally we never travel on a bank holiday. Came back Sunday night instead of Monday, just in case.

We went to Cornwall 2 weeks ago. It was the first time we've been since me and the Mrs were kifs. It took us 7.5 hours from here with a few stops. That was with very little traffic.
Drove to St Ives one day. That was rammed despite the weather being rubbish.

There is absolutely no way I would ever go there in the school holidays or in the warmer months. The roads and towns must be awful places to be when its hot.

It is a lovely place. But for the cost and travelling time (currently situation aside), you might as well visit somewhere really nice in Europe where there are fewer crowds, and the weather is pretty much guaranteed to be good.