I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Mandofred

Visit site
Tried out Jumbomax grips (small) on two clubs today (60 degree and hybrid).....I think I might just buy 11 more for the rest of the clubs. I didn't see anything that would make me not want to switch. I actually switched over to interlock for a while from 10 finger/baseball grip and I found it easier than on smaller grips. Maybe I'll go back to interlock if I get the rest switched. The lines are out to keep trolleys away from the green...it's a bit of a pain, but it might get me to switch to a pencil bag and less clubs for the winter. Seems like I saw somewhere you can get a decent pencil bag with built in semi-stand for £50-60 or so.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Normality has resumed on the golf course....
Another, more, solid round today..18 out, 17 back
A couple of clumsy shots but the didn't get me into any real trouble...
Still smarting from losing shots on 2 of the trickier holes - our SI seem to follow the guidelines rather than difficulty
But happy to be playing around the new handicap.
Probable game tomorrow pm, likely game Friday am and then a 4BBB board comp for our Foundation Day on Saturday....
Might need a rest soon :ROFLMAO:

Lawrence22

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played my first competition with my new irons today. On 31 points after 13 holes, managed to par the 16th for 3 points but the other 4 holes were dings. Amazing how often I finish like this after a good start.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had my fist game around the Kings for over a month, hollow tined greens poor to putt on so we just had one putt and then gave ourselves the what ever was left after that. all the rain over the last week had washed most of the sand put down away so just holes.

hit the ball pretty well off the tee and was quite pleased with a few. i'd put my white tie shaft back in to try, which i was struggling to hit a draw with, comp to the Motore F1, but the white tie def carries further

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Squeezed in a lunchtime round because of the unexpected nice weather yesterday.

It was pretty windy so played a lot of gripped down punch draws, which is fun to do round a par 3 course. Well fun if they come off anyway!

First hole I over clubbed so learn from that, the greens were super soft so spinning back 3-6 feet from the pitch marks made holding greens easier.

I even came very close to a hole in one, pulling back 10+ feet just to stop 3 inches away!!! It was only a 90 yard hole and I had 6 people watching! The collective gasp could be heard all over the course.

Chipping was super hard though as I didn’t account for the soft green on my first chip and came up way short, then came a 3 putt. A double is never nice but really hurts on a par 3 course!

I’m a bit worried all these low draw shots will hurt my game in the long run so need to get some range time to make sure I can still do both then and normal shots properly.

Hopefully it all works out and I can go low again on Sunday, armed with the extra chipping experience plus confidence in my stinger wedge!

Still my golf app gave me a 0.6 cut to 14.9 so that is good news!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played woefully at Boundary Lakes. Terrible with the putter, frustrating after a decent round on Tuesday.

The course itself was in dreadful condition. (No excuse for my poor play though) As boggy as one would expect in December or January, not early October. Can't understand what they've done there as the original 9 hole course used to drain well. Certainly not worth the 30 quid that they charged.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, the course is getting muddy ................................. and you know what that means!
Yup, my chipping/pitching around the greens absolutely tanked and cost me approximately 10 to 14 shots!
Say no more.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, the course is getting muddy ................................. and you know what that means!
Yup, my chipping/pitching around the greens absolutely tanked and cost me approximately 10 to 14 shots!
Say no more.

Yeah, but i've played a few different courses over the last 2/3 weeks and this was by some distance worse than everywhere else i played. The course i played on Tuesday had a bit of surface water after last weekend's weather but was still reasonably firm under foot. Today it was like a bog in a number of spots, even on higher ground. I know there's not much they can do about it if it doesnt drain well, but its the charging of full price when the course is in such poor condition that grates a little.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was off work today to play with dad, uncle and auntie at Little Hay. Booked a week ago along with a buggy booked and paid for, as my uncle cannot walk the course because of his hip at the moment. When we got there today we were told at the bar that the buggies were not going out because of the recent conditions. They'd made no attempt to contact me to tell me this. My uncle said he would have rang up to check as well but they don't have a phone number anywhere. They wouldn't budge it on either so after a half hour drive for a sausage sandwich and a coffee my uncle and auntie went home again. Refund is in the post. I was not best pleased to be honest. Surely if you're going no buggies the first thing you do is check who has buggies booked in that week on your online buggy booking system??

So just me and dad playing in the end. Weather was decent for the front nine, I played ok, managed 18 points. My dad was having a car crash first two holes, hitting loads off the toe going straight right! But then he warned up and settled down a bit - 13 points for him by half way (unofficially off 36).

I doubled the 10th after I managed to find a tiny lake with my tee shot. Then bogeyed the next five. My dad blobbed the 11th, and also the 15th which he has a mare on, but he does always get knackered towards the last four or so holes. It was generally a bit rainy over the back nine, but by the time we got to the 15th green the heavens opened fully. We teed off 16, but I sliced mine quite a way right, my dad topped his, and we decided to sack it off since the 16th tee is quite conveniently near the car park.

So I was two shots over handicap in the end for 15 holes, with 28 points - only two pars two doubles and all the rest were bogeys so a kind of mediocre plodding along sort of round. My dad had 21 points. Clubs all currently drying off in the back room for tomorrow.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Played woefully at Boundary Lakes. Terrible with the putter, frustrating after a decent round on Tuesday.

The course itself was in dreadful condition. (No excuse for my poor play though) As boggy as one would expect in December or January, not early October. Can't understand what they've done there as the original 9 hole course used to drain well. Certainly not worth the 30 quid that they charged.

Not a course I have played yet, I his hasn’t made me want to go anytime soon.

Where do you normally play?

D

Deleted member 1147

Played a pro am today
Shot 36 points on my own ball, gross 76.
Only 1 birdie,
Didn’t help the team get the birdies required to win, but came in on 14 holes.
4 over with no putts dropping ain’t too bad I suppose.

Only 1 shot worse than our pro.