I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went to the club today. Few hardy souls braved the rain but looking at some of the holes and the practice ground I couldn't believe how well it had drained. Even our problem area of the 15th and 16th fairways were playable and no standing water. Looks like that investment of the Red Bull money and the work the green staff did in lockdown on clearing the drainage ditches through has paid rich dividends. Even noticed everyone coming off 18 didn't have too much mud if any on their waterproof trousers. Decided to give 9 a go tomorrow as I've not played this weekend. Guess we've been quite lucky as I am sure a few would have been closed

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Trump Aberdeen today. Lucky to get away with just a couple of showers. Hit it well but a couple of bad swings and some bad breaks on the back nine cost me. Oh well.

Have to say, though, it must be the most overrated course in the country. Some nice holes but so many stupid ones, especially from the red tees.

Go and wash your mouth out. Best course in Scotland by a considerable way. Only weak(ish) hole is 10, other than that its absolutely outstanding.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Best course in Scotland? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not even close.

Looks nice, a good but not great course. 10 is a poor hole but not even the worst on the course, which is 7.

Agree to disagree but for me blows anything else I've played away. To be fair I've not played Trump Turnberry since he made the changes but Trump Aberdeen kicks Dornoch, RA, Troon, Carnoustie down the pecking order.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Trump Aberdeen today. Lucky to get away with just a couple of showers. Hit it well but a couple of bad swings and some bad breaks on the back nine cost me. Oh well.

Have to say, though, it must be the most overrated course in the country. Some nice holes but so many stupid ones, especially from the red tees.
you should have played from the Blacks

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think the greens would be right for me, would certainly improve some of the stupid holes. I previously found it it bit of a slog from the whites.
all the guys i play with went to their first seniors open which was off the greens none enjoyed it and said way too short and wasn't as good as further back. maybe one of those courses that better from further back

D

Deleted member 1147

Tee'd off at 7.40 this morning for a quick 9 holes before starting work at 9.

Beautiful morning; clear, still, with freshly cut greens.

Shot 1 under gross, with 4 birdies (3 in a row), and 3 bogies. Best thing was that my putting seems to be coming back, a little.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Tee'd off at 7.40 this morning for a quick 9 holes before starting work at 9.

Beautiful morning; clear, still, with freshly cut greens.

Shot 1 under gross, with 4 birdies (3 in a row), and 3 bogies. Best thing was that my putting seems to be coming back, a little.
Good work Sir....shame about the bogeys..:whistle:

D

Deleted member 1147

Good work Sir....shame about the bogeys..:whistle:

Cheers - one was unlucky, as I was slightly blocked out after a fairly decent tee shot, the others were deserved due to very poor driv

Mandofred

Visit site
Well poop. Played ok today, but got home and they had finally put the scores in from Saturdays medal. Even though I was 4 over handicap, I still didn't go up to 9.5. Net 76 was good enough for 8th in Div 1 with that lovely rain coming down.....Only the 18th was truly getting flooded when I finished about 1pm. Skipping this Wednesday since they are spending a couple of days sand injecting the greens. With the grass barely growing now, the greens will probably be a mess all winter. 2 years ago they did the slit sand injection treatment the last week of Sept......the lines were on the greens all winter and balls kept getting put off line going over them. It is what it is.....

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Keen to keep the Scottish form going I was on the tee with Imurg at 7.30 this morning

16-18 at the turn and had 21 on the back to finish 37-33 including a chip in birdie at the very difficult par 4 17th
I've only parred this hole once before so to birdie it is unbelieveable. and no blobs :)

missed 3 putts under 3 feet, and was quite a slow start, so it should have been over 40

we had more wind this morning than on the whole of the scotland trip put together

Feelin good(y):cool:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hats off to Fragger, played pretty well today.
An outrageous lip-out on the 11th from a different postcode and then the even more outrageous chip in....
I had a pretty solid day apart from 2 bad holes ( 15 and 16) just poor shots cost me.
18 out and 15 back, off my new handicap so can't be too unhappy with that.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Keen to keep the Scottish form going I was on the tee with Imurg at 7.30 this morning

16-18 at the turn and had 21 on the back to finish 37-33 including a chip in birdie at the very difficult par 4 17th
I've only parred this hole once before so to birdie it is unbelieveable. and no blobs :)

missed 3 putts under 3 feet, and was quite a slow start, so it should have been over 40

we had more wind this morning than on the whole of the scotland trip put together

Feelin good(y):cool:

Is 2021 YOTF now?

Or was that it