I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played with CVG today.
He's been struggling this year and he'll be the first to admit it.
Well, today he burnt up the course and signed for 39 points and a 0.6 cut.
One of those days when things go right.
I didn't put a card in as I wanted to bed in yesterday's cut..good job too...lost a ball on the first. It pitched on the right half of the fairway, drifted down towards the bunker, crept off the fairway into the first cut and promptly found a wormhole in space..gone.. disappeared...
Ended with 33 points so no disaster..
And I birdied our 9th for the first time.
I've now birdied every hole on the course..got to start eagling some now..

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wasn't expecting that......just a drizzle on a couple of holes. The predictions were you would need scuba gear. Saturday is medal time and it's supposed to be yukky all day....hope they are wrong again.

Saturday and Sunday looking grim down here both days. Ideal for an honours board event over two rounds. Not sure if the rain or the gales are going to be the biggest challenge

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played my first ever match play today ... and my first ever match for my club. Played in a pairs match for the seniors against a nearby club. I played pretty much to handicap I think, but we lost 4 and 3 ... although my club won the match overall by 4 to 3. Really enjoyed the format. Odd thing happened on one hole though ... I hit a good drive down one side of the fairway, but the ball landed smack on a pigeon and shot off into the rough! No birdie jokes please.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played with CVG today.
He's been struggling this year and he'll be the first to admit it.
Well, today he burnt up the course and signed for 39 points and a 0.6 cut.
One of those days when things go right.
I didn't put a card in as I wanted to bed in yesterday's cut..good job too...lost a ball on the first. It pitched on the right half of the fairway, drifted down towards the bunker, crept off the fairway into the first cut and promptly found a wormhole in space..gone.. disappeared...
Ended with 33 points so no disaster..
And I birdied our 9th for the first time.
I've now birdied every hole on the course..got to start eagling some now..

If I didn’t see it, it never happened:) ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played my first ever match play today ... and my first ever match for my club. Played in a pairs match for the seniors against a nearby club. I played pretty much to handicap I think, but we lost 4 and 3 ... although my club won the match overall by 4 to 3. Really enjoyed the format. Odd thing happened on one hole though ... I hit a good drive down one side of the fairway, but the ball landed smack on a pigeon and shot off into the rough! No birdie jokes please.

Tough luck if you played close to handicap at an away course and got beaten. I like playing club matches and we play better ball format as well. Our matches tended to be friendlies (none scheduled for the forseeable) and I've a half decent record (if I say so myself). That said I hit some balls this morning and I wouldn't pick myself for any side we run

D

Deleted member 3432

Not with the weather we're getting down here this weekend......already binned tomorrow...might trade in the car for a boat.....

We are due rain this weekend and 20mph plus northerly wind which is a nailed on R/O comp.

More than likely to give it a miss myself, yet again :(

D

Deleted member 21258

Perfect conditions as Royal St Davids, no wind at all, so clear could see for miles, Snowdon not in clouds(can click on picture for bigger size)

Golf shocking, couldn't hit off the tee, woods, irons, chipping or putting, lovely day tho:LOL:

D

Deleted member 3432

Perfect conditions as Royal St Davids, no wind at all, so clear could see for miles, Snowdon not in clouds(can click on picture for bigger size)

Golf shocking, couldn't hit off the tee, woods, irons, chipping or putting, lovely day tho:LOL:

Links track with the sea and mountains in sight is as good as it gets (y)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Lovely game at Cuddington with Topoftheflop and a couple of mates. Forum boys winning on the last with Craig holing another long putt.(y) Think it helps when your partner shoots six over off 13.:unsure: Even managed three birdies myself.

Really lucky with the weather and course in fantastic condition. Not played the course for a couple of years but it is so improved, and can't wait to play again.(y) Even saw the Wembley Arch.:whistle:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played with the boys this morning in bright sunshine and not a breath of wind. 2 under gross on the front, and 2 over on the back, dropped shots on 13 and 14.

Drove it well and hit some nice iron shots, some wicked pin positions out there for the ladies Open tomorrow, what a shame the forcaste is for heavey rain all day. one of my PP had an eagle on the 15th with a shot:LOL::LOL:

TigerTime

Visit site
Weird round really, but driving was really good for the most part. Only 2 pars this time instead of the 6 last time out, but was very consistent scoring wise, so bogeys instead of doubles or triples. Had to birdie the last to break 90 and hit 89 and I left myself with a 20ft putt so had a chance. Putt was good pace but just slightly too low and I walked away with a par and 90 Overall which to be fair is my best. Really need to work on hitting greens from fairways as that seems to be what's really letting me down at the minute and turning birdie/par chances into bogeys. With the good drives going 270+ it's only really leaving me less than 150 yards in at times so should be doing better there really.

Although was impressed with the consistency of the scoring. Thing is, I know if I can hit the green on the second I'm more than likely gonna make par.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Individual open medal at Ullesthorpe today in the rain. In my previous four attempts at this competition between 2015 and 2018 I had failed to record a gross score of less than 111. Whilst I won't be among the prizes I was very pleased with a gross 97, net 78. A few of the greens were super quick, even with the rain, and putts from above the hole were just impossible to stop within 15ft.

Highlight was the 2nd, a short par three. My tee shot hardly left the ground, but stopped just five yards short of the green and then I chipped in for a 2. I wasn't going to enter the 2s, but my friend just entered us both in it, so a nice unexpected result.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think the captain will be busy as there were a significant number of no shows for those electing to play in the competition today. It's a three day event including the weekend (choose which two days out of the three you want to play - 2 rounds of stableford). With the enforced booking we have a more strict approach to no-shows as it potentially takes away a spot for someone else to book and play (not sure how many takers there will have been). I elected to play tomorrow and Sunday but going to get very wet.

I ventured up to the club for lunch and there were players coming in. The rain did ease and I was tempted to nip out for a four hole loop but the lure of a fry up and few beers was too much. Apparently the course has stood up well to the 24 hour deluge. Well done to anyone braving the conditions today