I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 15344

Played the 4Ball Bedfordshire County Champs at Aspley Guise yesterday

Ended up with 6 birdies one bogey between us to score 5 under gross and 45 points to win by a couple

Was nice to hear the gracious second place pair ( 11 and 13 HC ) stating that they had been beaten by a pair of high HC bandits - until someone kindly pointed out that we played of 4 and 3 respectively ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Indeed - a quality and inventive bastardisation of the English language...horrid to my ears nonetheless :)

Anyway...played 36 holes yesterday in our club's main Open comp (mostly low-mid SF h/caps). Really tough conditions (very stiff breeze and chilly) - especially for morning 18 for which CSS was +1 on course standard scratch (best gross score was +4) - and not a lot easier in afternoon (best gross was level). But very pleased overall as got it round with no unmentionables and only a few real 'sillies' - and played to buffer both rounds. 18th Gross and 10th Nett overall out of 57 who played (of the 60 field) was very much better than I expected - my hope going into it was to not embarrass myself...:) And a couple of 2s might see a few pennies in the pot.

Last edited:

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great day out yesterday at Dunbar with 3 other forumites. Course was in excellent nick and the weather was very kind to us with blue skies, and only a light zephyr to contend with. Greens were rolling nicely with enough pace to instill appropriate nervousness on certain slippery putts.

I like Dunbar more every time I play it. It is a really solid test with nuanced bunkering (of which I visited many :mad:) and a lot of really good holes (3,5,7,11,12,13 to name but a few).

Don't miss it if you get the chance to play there (after you've played at North Berwick of course ;)). Should be higher up the rankings than it often is IMHO.

Last edited:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great day out yesterday at Dunbar with 3 other forumites. Course was in excellent nick and the weather was very kind to us with blue skies, and only a light zephyr to contend with. Greens were rolling nicely with enough pace to instill appropriate nervousness on certain slippery putts.

I like Dunbar more every time I play it. It is a really solid test with nuanced bunkering (of which I visited many :mad:) and a lot of really good holes (3,5,7,11,12,13 to name but a few).

Don't miss it if you get the chance to play there (after you've played at North Berwick of course ;)). Should be higher up the rankings than it often in IMHO.

You should have brought a bucket and spade yesterday Ian! That said, your bunker shot on the third was the shot of the weekend.

Thanks again mate. It was a thoroughly enjoyable couple of days ?

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shot 93 at what used to be known as Iford Bridge in Christchurch / Bournemouth. Some good stuff, some mediocre stuff but getting more consistent with each round.

PrimroseandBlue

Visit site
Played my first course ever this afternoon, the par 3 at Styal. Shot 57 across the nine holes, which didn't seem too embarrassing for a first go! Playing it again with a friend next week. Very pleased with my shots off the 7 iron, but it was painfully obvious that I'd only had about 15 minutes tuition on the short game before I gave it a go. But I am glad I got stuck in, got the feel for actually playing a round, and came back with a good idea of what to work on.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thoroughly enjoyed Gleneagles Queens today scoring 32 points with 3 blobs, the course was terrific. But the greenkeeper was having a laugh with some of the pin positions. On the 17th I left a 6 foot uphill putt 6 inches short and it rolled back down to 8 feet :eek:.
After 4 rounds of the Golf Scotland Champions tour, I ended up in 9 th place :D.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thoroughly enjoyed Gleneagles Queens today scoring 32 points with 3 blobs, the course was terrific. But the greenkeeper was having a laugh with some of the pin positions. On the 17th I left a 6 foot uphill putt 6 inches short and it rolled back down to 8 feet :eek:.
After 4 rounds of the Golf Scotland Champions tour, I ended up in 9 th place :D.
Some mad ones when we played it 3 Saturdays ago too.

Particularly on the Par 5 (8th?) if you missed the hole were lucky to stay within 10 ft ?

Lovely course though

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

Great campaign to get 9th overall, life in the old dog yet ??

Mandofred

Visit site
Wasn't expecting that......just a drizzle on a couple of holes. The predictions were you would need scuba gear. Saturday is medal time and it's supposed to be yukky all day....hope they are wrong again.