I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Individual open medal at Ullesthorpe today in the rain. In my previous four attempts at this competition between 2015 and 2018 I had failed to record a gross score of less than 111. Whilst I won't be among the prizes I was very pleased with a gross 97, net 78. A few of the greens were super quick, even with the rain, and putts from above the hole were just impossible to stop within 15ft.

Highlight was the 2nd, a short par three. My tee shot hardly left the ground, but stopped just five yards short of the green and then I chipped in for a 2. I wasn't going to enter the 2s, but my friend just entered us both in it, so a nice unexpected result.

Well done on getting that one off your back Mike, and great chip-in 2, hope there aren't many other twos!

D

Deleted member 1740

Played at Glasgow Gailes today with The forum LegEnd @Jacko_G, even took a 5er off him ?

A brilliant host and a top man too.

Played awful but pulled my partner @davemac1 out the mire when it mattered ??

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Smashing day at Tyneside yesterday. Started with a cracking bacon buttie, a very enjoyable 18 holes followed by a nice chat (separate tables up here right now) in the bar afterwards.

Good weather, smooth and sharp greens, a good mix of hole lengths. Driving was good, short game on it, dead weight putting as good as it has been all year. One bad putting hole, 17 good ones. My kind of ratio.

One of those days which remind you why you play ?

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Usually play in the afternoons in Saturday comps but went out early this morning to try and beat the bad weather but the weather had other ideas. It threw it down for the first 3 holes before it relented for an hour or so. Greens have also been cored, covered in sand, top dressed, seeded and fertilized so they were a bit of a mess. Best part of the day was the hot shower i had when i got home.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I was one of the hardy few who didn't pull out of today's medal because of the inclement weather....

3 putt bogey on the first due to casual water on the green (stupidly didn't take relief) but hit it nicely (100% GIR) - 8 pars and one birdie thereafter to be level par on the 11th tee when the pro appeared to tell us the medal was cancelled.... Wasn't too unhappy, to be honest. We were soaking, I was struggling to keep a grip on my clubs, amount of casual water increasing dramatically so it looked the wheels were about to come off anyway! :cool:
We had a Ladies Open today, looked at the webcam this morning and not a car to be seen, the whole day booked and start sheet full, wha lightwieghts women are:LOL:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
No golf for me. Comp was cancelled so stayed in bed.

As there was a Ladies open on at ours, no times available at Nairn so one of my mates who is a Dornoch member had arranged to go up there today, lucky the earliest time was 12, saw what the weather was like and changed to tomorrow.... though not convinced the forecast is any better:cry:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We had a fourball charity stableford this morning. The rain started coming down heavily whilst we were on the 8th through to the 11th, before it eased off again. The 10th green was very wet with some standing water as were some of the greens that we played thereafter, although the course was still playable. Finished to find that the comp had been cancelled just after we had started the back 9.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Comp cancelled so I headed off to the range this afternoon. Not great but a few things clicked towards the end. Got a round booked for 8.50 tomorrow but looking at the forecast that looks very unlikely with more torrential rain due tonight and all through the morning. As it stands the course it still open

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Think the captain will be busy as there were a significant number of no shows for those electing to play in the competition today. It's a three day event including the weekend (choose which two days out of the three you want to play - 2 rounds of stableford). With the enforced booking we have a more strict approach to no-shows as it potentially takes away a spot for someone else to book and play (not sure how many takers there will have been). I elected to play tomorrow and Sunday but going to get very wet.

I ventured up to the club for lunch and there were players coming in. The rain did ease and I was tempted to nip out for a four hole loop but the lure of a fry up and few beers was too much. Apparently the course has stood up well to the 24 hour deluge. Well done to anyone braving the conditions today
Didn't you play The Berkshire ? Was looking forward to hearing a review.