I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a lesson today, continuing work on the general iron swing. Working on getting in a much better position at the top of the swing with my weight into my right heel to allow me to just rotate through. The changes are feeling really positive, 2 range sessions a week are helping bed them in so hopefully after a winter of practise and playing regularly I’ll be in a good place come next spring.

Got a round booked in tomorrow which will be my 3rd card so should have the handicap sorted although I think it’s going to come out higher than I like after a couple of bad rounds, but we will see how tomorrow goes.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Played a proper course for the first time today since 24th August. Had surgery on September 8th and have been gagging to get out as soon as I could.

Came up to southwold with the wife, dog and parents and played 18 round southwold GC with my dad. A thoroughly enjoyable and pretty well thought out course and given the 20mph winds most of the back 9, coming off with 28 points and feeling ok(!) physically was an absolute joy.

Just gutted I missed the weather through September for playing, but I'm far better for the surgery.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played the roll up yesterday morning, cold, though not raining when we tee's off. hit a great drive off the fist and despite it being a few club wind had an iron for my 2nd, had to wait ages for the first group to clear the green, to then hit i big block into the sea with my 2nd. same with the 2nd, this time a duff down the fairway. played pretty poor TBH, even had to wear my winter hat and mittens. some very silly pin positions as well, which i suspect are for the last silver trophy of the year on Sat, i don't think our green staff know about the 6 hard, 6 med and 6 easy pin. at least 10 in some places you just couldn't get near, or should even try to. it was also very slow, we waited on almost every shot and the group in front were guys in our group which is unuaual as most are pretty quick. the worste being 13th got to our drives, and one of the guys is just over the bunker on the left about 20 yards from us, playing what must have been his 4th at least. then knobbed it another 4 times befor getting it out the rough. his two playing partners where already on the green and putting out ( best two score to count from each group, they were a 3 we were a 4) so is playing 8 from the botton of the hill, i don't know why he didn't just pick up after he's played 6 as he wasn't scoreing after that anyway.

so not a good day, slow which you don't want when you are freezing. didn't really hit any good shots even though i still somehow managed 3 birdies, one from a thinned shot out of a fairway bunker.

not looking forward to the last comp today, rain forcast, its off the back tee's with some silly pins:cry:

highlight though was one of my playing partners saying to the guy who hacked it up the 13th and held us up..... "did you get your 11 on the 13th?":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: when we passed them in the car park:LOL:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Played this morning and after starting solidly being +1 after 3 holes, the blow up hole came with an 8 on the 4th. Par on the next 3 holes, then 2 doubles left me +9 for the front 9. After hitting 2 OOB on the 10th I could tell this wasn’t going to be the round to save my handicap (this would be my 3rd card). An average of bogey golf for the rest of the back 9 left the score not looking great.

Positives were that my iron striking was actually really good, a couple of wayward tee shots causing me to re-load. 3 x 3 putts and 2 x 4 putts really didn’t help. My handicap has come out at 20, which I don’t really mind but I know I can play a lot better so I’m sure it will fall as I play more often.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
was dredding today comp as the forcaste was poor. Had my waterproofs on during the driver over to Nairn so my Body temp was nive and warm going out.

hit it OK, out in 3 over which was happy with as it was a 3 club wind to start with. started the back9 with 2 birdies, then missed a short put on 13 for par. Most dissapointing was buggering up 16 as usual, would be leading quite comfort without that. still 3 under the SSS at present so a cut, but could have been so much better

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stableford comp today. Played absolutely @#£$ing trash. Three-putted the 1st, blobbed the 3rd, 6th and 9th for 11 points out. Back nine was a little more acceptable, still blobbed my no-shot hole - 17 points in. The greens were awful, whatever work they've done has left lines tracked across them all, which either throw your alignment off, or grab your ball off it's intended line. I think I missed five putts that were inside three feet, but I wasn't the only one. Still it wasn't like the rest of my game was any good anyway.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played 36 holes today, a better ball comp follow by a friendly match. The weather was sure changable, i think every hole played into the wind today!

Better ball comp couldn't have started better, only 1 over through 5 and scored 22 points myself for the front 9, the back nine not quite so good but finished with 40 only relying on the partner for two holes. Best score was a 44 so close, but no cigar!

Friendly match was even better, out in 9 over which was ok, and essentially on handicap but a few missed opportunities, back in 4 over, none of the gimmes were too generous but might have had one or two more if i'd had to putt out, feeling set up nicely for tomorrow's medal!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played in a mixed scramble today, none of us really got going, I was thinning just about every other shot and the ones I weren't thinning were rubbish.
Eventually on the 17th tee I finally made contact with the middle of the face and hit a solid shot, doesn't bode well for the medal tomorrow....

We finished on 67.8, 4.2 under par.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
October medal. Net 72 (+2) for a sixth place finish. Didn't feel I swung it well (definitely a mess in warm up) but got it round. Out the Anser Cadence 2 in the bag (I had been working with it) and it took a few holes to get going but then worked well. Most annoyingly it could have been at least two shots better. Made a triple 7 on the 12th. Went right and blocked out so had to hit over the trees back into the fairway. Took a 9 iron, hit it well but didn't see it down. Remembered as the ball was in the air about the bunker 50 yards short of the green and assumed it went in there. Two of the PP's were busy having a chat and never saw the shot despite "keep an eye on this". Never found it. Assume it clipped a twig and veered off somewhere.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Played this morning and after starting solidly being +1 after 3 holes, the blow up hole came with an 8 on the 4th. Par on the next 3 holes, then 2 doubles left me +9 for the front 9. After hitting 2 OOB on the 10th I could tell this wasn’t going to be the round to save my handicap (this would be my 3rd card). An average of bogey golf for the rest of the back 9 left the score not looking great.

Positives were that my iron striking was actually really good, a couple of wayward tee shots causing me to re-load. 3 x 3 putts and 2 x 4 putts really didn’t help. My handicap has come out at 20, which I don’t really mind but I know I can play a lot better so I’m sure it will fall as I play more often.
Have you rejoined Stoneham?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Have you rejoined Stoneham?

No, joined New Forest. Couldn’t justify Stoneham for the time being and just enjoying getting back out regularly. Going to try and work on the game pretty hard over the winter then see where I am next year.

Will have to meet up for another game at some point, I’ll try and get the handicap down for you

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Suffering Carpal Tunnel Syndrome last few weeks.
First tee today I nearly missed the ball, it went two yds.
Second shot was driver off the deck , topped it and buried it into the tee.
So playing three two yds from the tee . Got a six.
It’s not the electric shock up your arm from a bad shot.
It’s more the expectation then it dosnt happen.
Decision time wether to stop playing or not over winter.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
33pts in today’s stableford. Never really got going and, considering how average my play was, the score was ok.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
another good round yesterday - hopefully continuing the trend that took a breather in H4H!!

40 points off my then new (after another 0.5 ERR cut) 12.5 takes to to 11.6 - down from 16.2 in July :). Time to start daring to dream the dream and start the quest for single figures :eek:. I got to 9.5 several years ago (down from 14.4 in one week) but never got the proper 9 handicap! Since then it peaked at 18 a year ago and have had a great covid bounce.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
another good round yesterday - hopefully continuing the trend that took a breather in H4H!!

40 points off my then new (after another 0.5 ERR cut) 12.5 takes to to 11.6 - down from 16.2 in July :). Time to start daring to dream the dream and start the quest for single figures :eek:. I got to 9.5 several years ago (down from 14.4 in one week) but never got the proper 9 handicap! Since then it peaked at 18 a year ago and have had a great covid bounce.

You should consider starting a blog ?

Well done Sir ?

TigerTime

Visit site
Haven't been able to play since last time out. Tried for the last few days to book a tee time for today through golfnow and the club but absolutely nothing available at all at reasonable price or time. Looks like I'll need to wait until next weekend :(