I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday in a 4BBB for pros day. Me and the partner started off dove tailing nicely to start birdie and the eagle...
Then not only did the wheels come off, the gearbox dropped out, the doors fell off and the chassis spontaneously combusted.
Just 10 holes of utterly horrific golf from both of us saw our good start up in flames.
My short game used to be my saving grace, now it looks like its on permanent holiday.
Only high spots after the 2nd were birdies on the 15th and 18th.

Also probably not a good time to put a new putter in the bag and use it for the first time.

Much to work on.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Utter pants today, started well but suffered while being let through, I guess the slower pace really helped me, must remember not to rush when let through! Chipping was good but decision making was 50/50.

Everything feels there but just need to tidy up the rough edges that separate a good round from a pants round.

Handicap calc gave me 0.1. back too which was a bit of a gut punch.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
No a good day on the course, but is it ever these days?
Medal qualifier, started with a lost ball triple bogey, then followed that up with an 8 on the 115 yard par 3 second so over half my shots gone after two holes.
Scored a round 100.

For people wondering how to clock up an 8 on a 115 yard par 3:
  1. Fat tee shot 25 yards
  2. Shank into pond
  3. Penalty drop
  4. duffed pitch
  5. pitch to back of green
  6. Putt the first
  7. Putt the second
  8. Putt the third

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
No a good day on the course, but is it ever these days?
Medal qualifier, started with a lost ball triple bogey, then followed that up with an 8 on the 115 yard par 3 second so over half my shots gone after two holes.
Scored a round 100.

For people wondering how to clock up an 8 on a 115 yard par 3:
  1. Fat tee shot 25 yards
  2. Shank into pond
  3. Penalty drop
  4. duffed pitch
  5. pitch to back of green
  6. Putt the first
  7. Putt the second
  8. Putt the third

So which iron were you using from your repitoire?
Cmon we need the whole story ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
So which iron were you using from your repitoire?
Cmon we need the whole story ?

Sorry to say Phil it was the early 1980s Ben Sayers "Silver Crest" set that Ian and yourself collected for me some years back, but I can lay no blame on the clubs, it's just the hacker swinging them.
ben-sayers-3-4-irons-jpg.23630

To complete the picture; Mizuno "White Fang" 1 and 3 woods, Edinburgh Golf "Rapier" putter.

(I'm playing in an Am/Am tomorrow with three people I've never met before, could get embarrassing)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very poor. Only a social round and in a decent group so no excuses but couldn't get anything going. Hit it well in warm up again but as soon as I cross the road from practice ground to course something happens in my head. Was nice and relaxed and so not over-thinking it just couldn't find and level of consistency. Putted badly although that was my own fault as I found an old Odyssey #9 with the firm white hot insert and a massive Odyssey jumbo grip which sat in the hands wonderfully but I couldn't get to grip with

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Back on the Swedish golf fix, 77balls at the range. A virtual round at my course via the Garmin .. a stunning 61 ?. The 29 holes of the pitch and putt, 3 missed greens ☹️ five 3 putts and one birdie to be 5 over... it keeps the game going.
Although the driver is interesting, delofted now to 9.4 degrees, flight was a soft draw but I think I can over cook the altar cb 55 regular shaft. Swing speed was measured at 95-100mph but smash was down to 1.39-1.42 and a grouping around the toe. I adjusted and got back to middle and saw an improvement on smash but only to 1.43 .. so need to have a think. The honed 22 degree hybrid with a stiff tip regular shaft was absolutely banging... anyway back to the grind of another work week.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21258

Had the pleasure of playing Saunton East and West. East fairly windy, played well apart from a lost ball when playing though a group.:LOL:

West, two lost balls off the 1st tee into the driving range, one lost ball on the 2nd tee to the dunes, and then fine afterwards. Its good to play.

Whatever happened to this golfing year.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A lovely knock round East Sussex National West course on Saturday, even through the driver is still misbehaving i managed a stableford score of 30 off the blues which i was content with given there was no run at all on the fairways. Found myself too often with 200+ into the green on a par 4 which meant plenty of hybrids and hit and hopes. However, enjoyed the walk so much i am going to join the Club on a flexible membership which should really suit my situation - quite excited about it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a great day with the driver, everything else pretty decent. Gave myself a lot of chances but couldn’t take them.

Sometimes you can play well and not score well.
I was the opposite on Saturday. Didn't think I hit it well but got it round in 72 (+2) in the medal. Buffer zone but had my PP's seen my shot on 12 instead of chatting for a triple bogey, I could have had a 3rd place had that been a bogey 5. Didn't drive it well but got it back into position, and didn't really do too much wrong. A couple of 15-20 foot putts made a difference