I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes thats links golf for, proper golf....

There is no normally I would hit a PW here, it is how much do I have to add or take away for the wind. Have to factor in the wind chipping and putting especially in a crosswind

Great test of imagination and you learn to hit the ball low.

The effect of wind on a putt was not something I gave too much thought to until I played with an american couple who had a caddie. He told them about the wind on every putt.

I do consider it now especially by the sea.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Strange day. Played with some guys I have not played with for a while. 2 teams of 4 2, to score. I score 95% of the time but did not today but always query the marker after 9 as had the score wrong I thought.

However there was a guy with us who conveniently got his score wrong by 1 on one hole. The reason I knew was we were both in the same place within 5 yards for,the first 4 hole. Much to my surprise the same happened again on the 7th. Mentioned it to my food mate but found it hard to believe.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
round with slow Dave this morning, first timei've played with him in what seems like months, got round dry but very windy again, maybe not much as yesterday. round in under 3 hours and got through 3 lots of 4 balls(y)

too much of us buggering around, he brought his 1 iron and we played nominate the shot, with either his 1 iron or my 2 iron, made for some interesting golf:LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have things on this afternoon so just played nine holes this morning - Nine of Herts, a local short nine hole, but challenging with some blind shots and a few places you can easily lose a golf ball. Played the 1st horrifically but sank a putt from off the green to save bogey. Then went birdie, birdie, par, bogey to sit level par after five. Made a horse's arse of the 6th though, triple bogey 7. Rubbish three putt on the 7th for bogey, then a par, par finish. Four over par, and given I had a triple with two lost balls and a bad three putt, I know exactly where those four shots went. 22 points so happy overall. (y)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Have things on this afternoon so just played nine holes this morning - Nine of Herts, a local short nine hole, but challenging with some blind shots and a few places you can easily lose a golf ball. Played the 1st horrifically but sank a putt from off the green to save bogey. Then went birdie, birdie, par, bogey to sit level par after five. Made a horse's arse of the 6th though, triple bogey 7. Rubbish three putt on the 7th for bogey, then a par, par finish. Four over par, and given I had a triple with two lost balls and a bad three putt, I know exactly where those four shots went. 22 points so happy overall. (y)

Played it a few times, although not recently, not sure you can compare your 22 points / 9 holes on a 1890 yard course par 32 with say a normal sized course (3000 yards for 9 par 36), where you would be taking 10+ extra shots, which is 10+ extra chances to mess it up :)

Good fun course though (y) and you can only play whats in front of you :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played it a few times, although not recently, not sure you can compare your 22 points / 9 holes on a 1890 yard course par 32 with say a normal sized course (3000 yards for 9 par 36), where you would be taking 10+ extra shots, which is 10+ extra chances to mess it up :)

Good fun course though (y) and you can only play whats in front of you :)
I know it's short but that doesn't always mean easy. As I say, several of the holes have blind shots. The one I messed up has a massive tree in the way so you can't just smash it up to the green. One par 3 is 80 yards and about 15 feet below the tee, which is almost too short and becomes an interesting club selection. I do take your point though, I expect to do well there anyway. I'm happy with four over par including a triple bogey irrespective of the course.

When the handicap system changes we won't have debates like this anymore.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Stableford competition this morning and worst comp score this year (27pts). Just couldn’t get going and apart from one blob scored 5 or 6 on every hole! Not even a 4 on the four par 3s. One first though. Holed my bunker shot on the par 5 8th for my only par, having not holed out from a bunker before.

D

Deleted member 3432

Complete and utter crap is being kind to my standard of play today, hit it left every shot into the wind and chipped and putted like a beginner.

No positives whatsoever and have removed my name from the comp tomorrow as my game will not stand up to playing in the wind at present and it is very windy.......

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
September medal, I’m off 20, I was 13 over for the last 15 holes, very happy with that.

Unfortunately it was all over by the 3rd, I was 9 over after 3! Par 3 3rd, tee shot went left but we all saw where it went. Got up there and couldn’t find it, disappeared into thin air, so I had to do the walk (jog) of shame back to the tee. Ended up with an 8 after hopping from bunker to bunker, still blowing out of my a*se.

Walked off to the next tee and there was my first ball in the rough at the back of the green! ??‍♂️

Mandofred

Visit site
After a couple of weeks of my putter being totally worthless, it decided to return today. Slow start and then got going better with a chip in and a couple longish putts going in. 78/39pts stableford. At least 3 horrendous fairway woods (topped) that seem to be happening lately. If I clean those up I should be good to go. Senior rollup on Monday, and the weather is supposed to be good......

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
5 to get down from 100 yards at the 8th, 4 from side of green at 16, despite that holed 4 15+ footers including a 20 foot putt at 18 for birdie so it evens itself out over 18 holes, 79 less 12 for 67 should get me back down to 11 (will be 11.5 if CSS goes down to 70)

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Had the normal knock Thursday evening, the last one of the year as the evenings draw in. Hit it well but a number of brain farts cost me, +2 on the front after making a double from nowhere and a bogey when I had a 50yrd approach ?‍♂️. Back 9 started with another bogey on a short par 4 when I had 50yds left for my 2nd shot.... I was then ticking over nicely with a run of pars until I went double, double, bogey - a couple of pars to finish will see me buffer.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Took the boy to his lesson, mummy has succumbed to the school cold, so was flat out. We got their early and hit a few balls. Had the fright of my life, I aimed him away from the parked cars, but he managed to hit one ball about 6” s short of one?. After that I got him to line me up, so setting my club to the target. He enjoyed that, and gave me a lesson as well ?.
It’s a big competition tomorrow, off the back tees. I think a few holes will be another 2 clubs, and playing 190-200 yard second shots. I hit a few 4 hybrids, that were okay, probably will be more effective than a 5 iron in, bit lazier. But the 56 wedge I shanked several times, as I was getting on top of it.. doesn’t do your confidence any good! Then driving was huge slices.. yay I thought .. but just worked through it. Will do a bucket of 20 as a warm up tomorrow to get a bit of the basics back. Just need to relax.

TigerTime

Visit site
Another range practice session. I'll be honest it was really bad possibly worse than last time but first balls I've hit since last week, didn't get round to going out at all during the week which is on me - that's not good enough.

Seem to be hitting the driver better than everything else but to be honest the whole thing was crap. Think like 3 shots out of the 80 balls I liked and for the other 20 I just practiced some short game with targets because I got a bit pissed off and bored. I've booked another hour with the pro for start of next month so will see how I am come then and what he says then I'll make a decision whether to carry on seeing him or not. Guess one thing I've noticed is seem to be really struggling to follow through properly and keep the arms straight and pulling them left or it's the swing path tonight was pretty over the top and I sneaked a few slices in which I thought I'd stopped. I have favourable shifts at work this week so determined to get out a lot more to the range.

I can certainly see what he's trying to get me to do and obviously I realise its going to take a lot of time and practice but would have thought I'd have at least seen something by now. If I see any sort of progress even small progress I'll usually use that for motivation and that'll push me on to keep going but when you aren't really seeing any it's pretty disheartening but I will persevere.

Doesn't help either when the guy in the next bay kept congratulating himself. 'nice shot Bri' after every ball he hit :LOL: Each to their own!

Last edited by a moderator:

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
36 hole medal comp today course was playing tough today. CSS 1 over SSS this morning and 2 over this afternoon.

Played pretty well but took a 6 on a par 3 in both rounds when I looked like I was going to post a decent score.

Took my driver off the deck twice today to keep the ball low under trees to reasonable effect. Also putted into a bunker ?

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Captains prize day yesterday. Hadn't been playing well so was going out to enjoy the day. Played really well, 78 gross net 62. Will be at least a 0.6 cut getting me back to 15. Left a few out there was well, so one of those what could have been rounds.

Still awaiting on the results to be posted to find out how I did.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Captains prize day yesterday. Hadn't been playing well so was going out to enjoy the day. Played really well, 78 gross net 62. Will be at least a 0.6 cut getting me back to 15. Left a few out there was well, so one of those what could have been rounds.

Still awaiting on the results to be posted to find out how I did.

Second on count back, but CSS went up so a 0.9 cut gets me back to 15.1.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out on my own at 7.08am this morning, nice but very windy - some of the Sunday morning old boys play very quickly - the two lads behind me must have been late 60s and I didn't leave them behind at all - they'd have been home for breakfast just over two hours after they teed off.