I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Relief and disappointment combined from September Sunday medal. 3 over gross front nine (despite doubling 9th) and 8 over back. Darn. So many stupid and careless shots thrown away - but only a couple of really poor shots - and no unmentionables. And a two on our 3rd will get me a few quid. So mixed emotions. There are sign of life.

evemccc

Visit site
First go around at Ellesborough today, the best course in my area. Generously hosted by @PhilTheFragger and @Imurg. The course was great and it was good to be playing it in perfect sunny weather. Unparalleled views from the outside clubhouse deck, well-manicured tee-boxes, fairways and v tricky greens = an excellent afternoon (y)
Why can't all courses and days be like this?? Recommended for any golfers visiting / living in the Aylesbury area

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sunday stableford, nice day but a bit of wind this afternoon, off to slowish start with a couple of bogeys in first 3, but then stabilised and nothing great but nothing terrible afterwards and ended up with 37 points. CSS usually 36 points, so won't change playing handicap but helps the WHS handicap a little because it is a few shots better than the score due to exit the 20 counting scores.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Only a couple of hours at the range whilst eldest was at a bday party, but hoping something has clicked with the driver.

Had seen a tip online so hit a few as normal then tried the tip. Could easily see a difference in consistency and distance.

Lets hope it stays like that tomorrow afternoon.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Club championship weekend. Played pretty steady yesterday except for going triple six at the par three sixth (that blooming hole) and then double at the next. Otherwise I was very pleased with my gross 84 (net 72) for +2 in the handicap section. Out with a guy that is a pain with his buggy. Managed a triple on the 3rd going OOB (environmental area) when the drive I hit it on was too long for my shot - hit it well just the wrong line and didn't make the carry. Ugly double on 9. Held it together well enough except for an annoying double on 14. Finished today on net 74 for +6

Turned out +6 was good enough for 10th in the net prize. One of my best club champs finishes and so quite happy. Annoyed that I still have the odd car crash hole per round but it's medal and I think whether you admit it or not there is an underlying pressure to some degree just because its "club champs" and I didn't play myself out of it yesterday. Onwards and upwards and go again

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
No good today in a medal. Some bad swings and choices meant my day was run by 9. Managed to mostly go back to basics on back half, 3 over for eight of the holes but a glorious mess of the par 3 over the valley. Semi topped the tee shot into the hazard short of the green, this part is dry. Left bag in valley as next tee is there just carried a wedge and putter up. Was hoping to play from hazard if poss but couldn't find it. Realised I hadn't brought a ball! Found a skanky old pinnacle so pitched onto the green then 3 stabs for a 6 ?
Goodbye 9 'cap again.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
First go around at Ellesborough today, the best course in my area. Generously hosted by @PhilTheFragger and @Imurg. The course was great and it was good to be playing it in perfect sunny weather. Unparalleled views from the outside clubhouse deck, well-manicured tee-boxes, fairways and v tricky greens = an excellent afternoon (y)
Why can't all courses and days be like this?? Recommended for any golfers visiting / living in the Aylesbury area

Good to meet you Robert, glad you enjoyed the course ??

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Pairs comp at Hinckley today. Not played it before and definitely one that I feel that I would play better on a second attempt. I played poorly, including a 5-putt on a par 5 when nicely on the green in 3. Lost several balls. Nice weather though.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wasn’t my finest round, still leaking shots right of target. Need to fix the reoccurrence of this issue. It has come back while I try to be less steep at the top and having to drop onto plane. Its a minor backswing issue as I’ve never been step coming down.

I straightened up on the last 4 holes but still couldn’t convert birdie putts. Chipping and putting was superb as I bagged another round under 30 around the par 3.

Next time I should be closer to level par.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Pairs comp at Hinckley today. Not played it before and definitely one that I feel that I would play better on a second attempt. I played poorly, including a 5-putt on a par 5 when nicely on the green in 3. Lost several balls. Nice weather though.

I like Hinckley, good course with a nice variety of holes, but tricky!

D

Deleted member 21258

Played 36 holes at ganton, loved it. Last time tee and then out second in the morning, lovely millionaires golf and 3 hour rounds, absolutely fantastic. Fairly strong winds over that side but lovely weather, got burnt.

Golf, only highlight was a hole out from a bunker and 3 birdies on the front nine in round one, the rest was the normal dross of ups and downs.

Roll on the next round.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played County Louth on Saturday. What an absolute treat. The course is fantastic.

We played off the back sticks which was a mere 7000 yards and the wind was about 3 clubs. Was a really good challenge and managed to shoot 30 points about 14 over. A few silly mistakes cost me and played the par 5's really poorly. Think i doubled two of them, bogied 1 and parred 1.

The par 3's all played into the wind, think the longest was about 165 yards but was hitting 5 irons into them all. Followed by a 470 yard par 4 which I hit Driver 7 iron 20 yards through the back.

Took me a while to get used to the ball not just going splat and stopping on wet greens as well lol

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Playing early solo this week as everyone else is away.
Out at 7, home by 9.30
39 points, 6 over gross, 1 under gross back 9.
That'll do.

Last edited by a moderator:

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Leeds & District Rabbits Pinder Trophy yesterday at Howley Hall. 17 points out and 9 points back :mad:. Really fast greens, and I seemd to manage to find every ditch on the course.

Par 3 8th, hit a terrible tee shot into the trees on the left. Played a provisional onto the green. Then one of my playing companions found my original ball in a terrible lie. Was not chuffed, but it was my fault as I hadn't said to not look for it (can you even do that?).

Having a lesson the day before where i had my alignment completely changed can't have helped (my shoulders have been way open at address)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just in from my debut in the Elders, or Seniors....
17 points going out...22 back
Leader in the clubhouse and a cut to follow.
Happy days
Well, well, well....
It appears that some daft ha'penth of a Senior entered some of his scores incorrectly
On 2 of the par 5s on the back 9 he entered 2 ( his points) nstead of 7 ( his score)...
This wasn't initially picked up but now its been amended....
CSS went out to 72 from 70 so my cut is 0.2 more than expected
Now currently residing at 7.9