I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Roll up this morning and after the last 3 weeks of it being a strong westerly, today was a gentle easterly, so was nice not to be hitting 3 wood to reach the green on the first:LOL:

hit my irons pretty well today, after being a bit ropey on Monday, didn't sink many putts though

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ian Woosnam’s hosting a 2 day pro event at our course this week, mainly players off the senior tour such as himself, rob lee, gary Orr and Peter Baker (our own pro).

Anyway, that starts tomorrow so I booked myself in for 18 today, checked in at the pro shop to be told one of the pros is playing with me! Chap called Mike Reynard. What a nice chap. That’s the first time I’ve seen a pro play close up, every shot went where he wanted it to, drives went miles, GIR every hole etc.

Naturally I pulled my first tee shot about 150 yards, but thankfully settled down after that and scored 20 points on the front 9. The back 9 was mainly watching him trying different approach shots, just standing back in awe and trying to keep up as his drive ended up 100 yards ahead of mine! What an amazing experience.

D

Deleted member 21258

Played Oswestry golf course for the first time. Pleasant enough course, a few to many tees near hitting zones for my liking. Hit the ball really well, scored pants, had about 8 too many 3 putts:ROFLMAO:

Strangely 2 par 5s in three holes(played as our 14th & 16th, a long wait for a par 5, on card the as 3rd/5th) and no more par 5s.:unsure:

Greens very nice and was rolling pretty fast.:)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cracking Morning here, no real wind to speak of and warm... played as Guest of a Business contact at Castle Stuart. hit it ok and scored pretty well but not as well as one of the other guests, off 15 shot 75 gross off the whites:cry::LOL::LOL: and unfort he was not my partner... Humped:ROFLMAO:

TigerTime

Visit site
96 for me today, at one of the courses I was thinking of joining locally. +31 over. Truly dreadful stuff. Also lost the the head of my 5 iron, which flew about 30 yards after I struck a ball :LOL:

38 putts
38% FIR
12% GIR (2 out of 18)
No pars

Only positives for me were a couple of drives which I must have hit about 260-270 dead straight down the middle. Everything else was really ***. Onwards and upwards eh :sick:

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had three rounds at East Sussex National and now realise I'll never be able to master this game.
Averaged 31 points per round, which I think's okay on courses I'd never seen, but my inconsistency was ridiculous.
For example, day 2 saw me out with 22pts and back with 9pts, typical of the way I played.
Two nice courses and all four of us preferred the West course, which I wasn't expecting.
The rough was very rough and it was a lot windier than I was expecting.
Thoroughly enjoyable three days.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just had three rounds at East Sussex National and now realise I'll never be able to master this game.
Averaged 31 points per round, which I think's okay on courses I'd never seen, but my inconsistency was ridiculous.
For example, day 2 saw me out with 22pts and back with 9pts, typical of the way I played.
Two nice courses and all four of us preferred the West course, which I wasn't expecting.
The rough was very rough and it was a lot windier than I was expecting.
Thoroughly enjoyable three days.

I wouldn't think 31 points as an average isn't too bad. I always think anything over 30 points isn't a disaster round. Frustrating but not the end of the world

D

Deleted member 23344

Played Lyme Regis while on holiday in Dorset. Really liked the course ... no water anywhere, but all the greens well protected by bunkers. Lovely views over the coast, but windy in exposed places. 28 points ... not a disaster given that I didn’t know the course.

TigerTime

Visit site
My return to golf this year in statistical form (missing a couple rounds I didn't record these):

Total holes played: 105
Averages per round:
24.4 over par
score of 87.8
38% Fairways in regulation
19% Greens in regulation
34 putts
1.8 pars
6.4 bogeys
7.8 double bogeys+
1 heads gone

And yes it's been a quiet morning at work.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Lovely knock today in a 3-ball - and all Scots...something noted by others :)

We played a form of golf new to me that they called The Chair. It was excellent and very enjoyable.

The three of us competed to accumulate points - but a point could only be won if you were in the chair when teeing off on a hole - and you could only be in the chair if you had won the previous hole outright against the other two. To win a point you had to be in the chair - and then win the hole outright against the other two; if you didn't win the hole you lost the chair. It was extremely hard to win a point - you had to win two holes outright against the other two. And that isn't so easy. In the end the score were 2-2-0 as I won the last to equalise :)

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
My return to golf this year in statistical form (missing a couple rounds I didn't record these):

Total holes played: 105
Averages per round:
24.4 over par
score of 87.8
38% Fairways in regulation
19% Greens in regulation
34 putts
1.8 pars
6.4 bogeys
7.8 double bogeys+
1 heads gone

And yes it's been a quiet morning at work.
I'm probably missing something here but how do you get an average of 24.4 over par and average score per round of 87.8?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played at Charnwood Forest GC today with another vintage fan.
Charnwood is a lovely 9 hole course with some great views and the weather was prefect.

We played hickory first 9, only my second game of hickory this year I think and it showed as I played like a complete knob.
Classics for the second 9 and things were much better, maybe the half hour break for a sandwich and a drink helped.