I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

TigerTime

Visit site
In other news another range session tonight that went explicably really well. Very happy man tonight based on that and looking forward to getting out tomorrow for a game.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Played Pyrford today as my course had a charity day so couldn't get on

New owners are fully going for cash cow. Can see it being predominantly pay and play in years to come

Course absolutely stacked, 4hr30 for a 2ball, buggies everywhere, 2 balls being joined up then splitting off, buggy bar driving round selling beers etc

To be fair, they seem to be putting money into the course, bunkers being redone and greens were very good, true and quick. Shame about the number of pitch marks

Still can't stand the course off the yellows though, some mickey mouse holes and 2 awful par 5s. Looks a much better track from whites

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Managed to fit 18 in. Horrible form continues, this year has been total carnage for my golf.

Last few holes I just tried to slow things right down, which had a positive effect. 2 birdies on 14&15 put a smile back on.

The 14th is a par 3 that plays around 185. In to wind today so I tried a gripped down 4 wood. Horrible low necky cutty thing which somehow carried the water up an on the green heading for the hole. Luckily, it had a look in an decided not to drop, pulling up 6’ after the hole.

I’ve never had a hio, and that’s not the way I’d want to get my first ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well after getting 17 points from my first 7 I thought it was going to be another good one.

Finishing with 30 was a a stark reminder of why I'm off 15 :rolleyes:

Mandofred

Visit site
Playing pretty solidly these days. Not one bad drive again today, although a couple of crappy fairway woods. It was a best ball today and probably shot about 79 with a couple of putts that were more than happy to do laps around the cup but......just....won't......drop. Just focused on NOT swinging hard at all, and taking a short backswing. More consistency is the result. I'm really not reading putts well....usually err on predicting a break that isn't there. Putt goes where I'm aiming....unfortunately.....not where the cup is.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
The round that could have been!

Two birdies, nearly drove two greens, draw shots instead of fades messed up my aim for a few holes and I ruined it all with a treble and a double...

Real rollercoaster of a good round, just need to get rid of the killer shots that cost me a further 3 shots that I didn’t need to play...

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Headed into a medal round today quietly confident after having a great range session on Thursday evening. Had a row with the Mrs last night and my head just wasn’t in it this morning, started with a 6,7 to be +6 after 2. The misery continued as it took me 53 to get to the turn.

Sorted myself out to come back in 40, which should really have been 38.

On the plus side it was a lovely morning! Hopefully on Monday I play as I did on the back 9, otherwise it will be a long day.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very steady round. 35 points including a lost ball at 17 which must have rolled OOB left but everyone had thought was in the greenside bunker. Had a putt hit the flag (not the lifting device) and still come out and several others that looked in all the way only to kiss the edge and stay out. Nice birdie at the last to finish so all in all very happy.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played at Drax Golf Club today in a NHS charity day. Course only measures 5391 off the tips.
Defence is tiny rapid greens, with some having only a 5yrd landing spot to hold a green.
As a 3hcp is was a bloody good challenge in gusty winds today(course won with ease) Only hit driver twice, don’t think I’ve ever hit it so little.
Good fun

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
First round at my home course for a few weeks, entered the 'Tigers Foxes & Rabbits' comp, so three categories for prizes. Me being in the middle one (for handicaps 10 to 18 I think).

Duffed the first tee shot, 7 iron hit the ground about 2 inches before the ball. Compounded it by missing a 3 foot putt so it was a triple bogey 6 to open with. Played ok for a bit then another triple at a par 3 at the 8th, which is ridiculous really. Wasn't happy with that at all. Back nine was a lot more consistent, a few pars a few bogeys and one double. 87 gross, net +3 wasn't too bad on a day where I felt I played some good golf in parts and struggled a bit in others. The feller who won the foxes had the same net score as me so I guess he got it on countback alone. Shame I was only one shot from winning when I missed two shorts putts on the day - but you wouldn't normally expect to win being only just in buffer so whatever!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't know if these terms are a local thing but I've never heard of the sections being called this before.
I find it rather squeamish for some reason ?
Yeah, god knows where they came from. Someone asked me which one I was at the start and I said "God knows.. I'm a lion, which one is that?" Probably more of a pig though really. :p

I don't think we use these terms at any other time, it's just for this one comp. Strange one.

D

Deleted member 3432

Another round of garbage for me. Strong easterly is about the toughest wind to play Silloth in and I suspect todays comp will be R/O.

At least I didn't enter the comp so could have a good laugh at my struggles for a change.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Bogey competition today.

1 up on the front nine, 1 down on the back for an all square. Was really pleased with that, especially as I had 3 NRs.

Guy in my group finished 5 up but was 8 up at one point! Not sure of the winning score yet.

TigerTime

Visit site
105 for me today. Just pretty *** tbh. I did hit an 9 iron 140 yards to within 5 feet of a par 3 flag and prodeeded to miss the putt for birdie but ended up with a par which I'd obviously take any day but opportunity misses. Hit a 290 yard drive bomb down the middle of the next fairway, then proceeded to hit a nice second but missed the green left, was feeling confident so went for the 64 degree lob over the bunker then proceeded to thin it over the green and into the water. Apart from that a very, very poor round. I definitely neednto grab myself a set of second hand irons

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Played North Warwickshire in the invitation event and it was in super condition and a decent layout with some tricky greens and flag positions. nice to need to hit driver a lot over my own course which is hardly ever. we have some good news on the putter working again :) after 6-7 weeks going missing big time.

42 pts as a pair