I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Terrible round yesterday n/r on the last hole 2shanks second one was o/b, not one par in my round. Would have been over 100.

Think it was the first time ever I didn’t enjoy a round of golf.

Going to have a break from golf and hope it’s better after that.

D

Deleted member 3432

Seemed to have got .1 back and a handicap increase yesterday despite not playing in the comp yesterday :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Greensomes challenge trophy today. Came 19th with 35 points. Neither my partner and I are big alternative shot format fans but decided to play as we could at least tee off on each hole. We never got going although got ahead of our allotted combined handicap at one point but struggled coming in. At least it's only once a year.

D

Deleted member 21258

Played at Saunton, such a great place to play golf, marvellous weather. Wish it was closer. Great condition.

Not one single birdie over the 36 holes, disappointing! Kept missing the putts :(

East, played great apart from the half shank hitting to the 18th green. Shot 8 over.

West, up and down round, had 3 blobs, hacked up one of the par 5s for a blob but was within 10 yards of the other 3 par 5s in two, got solid pars on those:oops:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a pro am at Dornoch on Sat, fantastic weather like a summers day and no wind at all, got to the 8th green and a haar started to blow in. could not see more than 100 yards withing 5 mins. cleared a bit then got to the half way hut and there were already 3 groups on the 10th tee and you could just about make out 3 stood on the 10th. stood around there for a good half hour, so we hit the beer:LOL:, got round to the 18th hit our tee shots and the horn went ,,,game abandoned, it had gotten very thick behind us so was for the best with still 5 groups out on the course. Was due to play Brora on Sunday, but one of the guys managed a time at dornoch again so we had another game there. got round just in time as we had a drink in the bar the haar came in again. Played TOC yesterday with two R&A members and another mate from Nairn. grat Day and a nice lunch in the R&A clubhouse. wish we had stayed the night TBH is was a long drive back last night, didn't get back till late... no golf for a few days now... need a rest:sleep:

D

Deleted member 3432

a pro am at Dornoch on Sat, fantastic weather like a summers day and no wind at all, got to the 8th green and a haar started to blow in. could not see more than 100 yards withing 5 mins. cleared a bit then got to the half way hut and there were already 3 groups on the 10th tee and you could just about make out 3 stood on the 10th. stood around there for a good half hour, so we hit the beer:LOL:, got round to the 18th hit our tee shots and the horn went ,,,game abandoned, it had gotten very thick behind us so was for the best with still 5 groups out on the course. Was due to play Brora on Sunday, but one of the guys managed a time at dornoch again so we had another game there. got round just in time as we had a drink in the bar the haar came in again. Played TOC yesterday with two R&A members and another mate from Nairn. grat Day and a nice lunch in the R&A clubhouse. wish we had stayed the night TBH is was a long drive back last night, didn't get back till late... no golf for a few days now... need a rest:sleep:

You play on some proper tattie fields :ROFLMAO:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went out for a quick 9 this afternoon. First game is a while but had a few hours to kill and the weather was ok.
Managed a decent level 36 without hitting any good, or any really bad, shots. Birdie at 2, 4 and 6 but bogeys at 3, 7 and 9. The one at 9 was annoying after hitting the green with a crisp wedge only for it to zip back off the surface and i to the burn that runs in front of the green.

But happy with it, only 9 holes but an enjoyable 9 at that.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went out for a quick 9 this afternoon. First game is a while but had a few hours to kill and the weather was ok.
Managed a decent level 36 without hitting any good, or any really bad, shots. Birdie at 2, 4 and 6 but bogeys at 3, 7 and 9. The one at 9 was annoying after hitting the green with a crisp wedge only for it to zip back off the surface and i to the burn that runs in front of the green.

But happy with it, only 9 holes but an enjoyable 9 at that.
where are you playing now?

beduffshirl

Hacker
Visit site
Well after not playing for a fortnight and my previous rounds at Stonebridge being somewhere between 102 and 109 apart form one 99 I smashed it last night.
42 for the Hampton and 47 for the Blythe - two lessons I'm sure have helped my basic swing but I'm sure going to stretching and yoga type classes for the last 4 weeks twice a week have helped too. I was hitting proper golf shots including a 6 iron on to a green which I've rarely ever done before. A couple of unlucky bunkers and it could have been 85 too. #Overthemoon

D

Deleted member 21258

Used the H4H voucher before the 30/9 run out date, played Foxhills Longcross, quite a nice course layout, couple of silly holes, pretty small greens good pace, rock hard in places. Highlights was drove the 10th and 15th, missed the eagle putts, got birdies. Best laugh was when the wife topped her tee shot in front of the starter and another couple.:LOL:

Hit to many trees to score well and lost 3 balls.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well after saying i was resting for a couple of days after being over golfed, as it was a nice day. Stiff as anything and struggled to turn so the golf was rubbish to say the least.

highlight of the round was one of my PP seeing what he thought was ahead cover on the 13th fairway, went to pick it up, but it was a juvenile oystercatcher curled up... which promptly flew away Sqeeking as they do, scared the daylights out of him, which amused us all:LOL:

Last edited:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Played the Strathtyrum at St Andrews Links with my wife this morning - absolutely beautiful day in the home of golf. At 5620 yards the Strathtyrum is a short course and it's very straightforward, wide flat fairways and few bunkers. But you do not want to go into the thick rough, some of the most brutal I've ever seen (after a shank at the 10th) - I didn't find the ball and I could see the group in front of us take a drop several times after similar visits to the jungle.

Having said that it was straightforward and wide it was still enjoyable, it was in beautiful condition, some really nice contouring on the greens kept it interesting and the welcome we got from the staff on arrival was excellent, they treated us as if we'd paid the Old course green fee of nearly two hundred quid rather than the £35 each we shelled out to play the Strathtyrum.

Round in under three hours, a walk round St Andrews and then lunch in the Links clubhouse completed a fine morning. We did note however that the lunchtime crowd in the clubhouse was a bit different to normal, rather than the usual tourists and golfers the place was packed with posh old folks having a coffee and a cake - Another thing we noted that all the courses were very busy.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Dodged most of the rain today...and Boy did we have some...
Overnight deluge had left a few puddles in some bunkers and almost washed all the sand out of the Cross bunker on the 18th..iys down the hill and the rain must have been gushing down to do that.
Anyway, off we went with a couple of drops of drizzle that got a bit worse but was gone by the 3rd.
Turned into an OK morning.
Scruffy front 9 of 15 points didn't fill me with huge amounts of confidence but a par on 10 settled things down. As did the Eagle 2 on the 11th..a SW from 85 yards..that'll do.
Followed by a birdie on a shot hole giving me back to back 4 point holes....
Respectable after that and a tap in par at the last for 37 points..bang on handicap.
Just got to do it in the midweek medal tomorrow....

And the rain came down again just after 3...

TigerTime

Visit site
A game of two halves this morning. Course that I've played before but not in a few years and they've changed the layout around as they are building a new clubhouse.

Had an absolutely horrific front 9, to the point I was about to walk off after the 9th. Didn't hit a single good shot. Alot of the holes favoured fades/slices and I was reluctant to hit them since I'm trying to do the opposite these days. Tops, shanks, duffed chips the lot. Was genuinely the worst I've ever played. Didn't strike anything at all it was a literal hack to the green then 2/3 putt.

Back 9 started off the same, by the time I got to the 13th I just stopped caring at all and given up on any hope of salvaging a decent score, was probably on for a 120+ by this point. Then it all just sort of clicked.

Par on the last 5 holes. Unbelievable stuff really, from completely nowhere. Driver was getting smashed about 270/280, which left me short irons or wedges into greens which I hit. There was a couple holes I got a bit lucky with chips taking a good bounce and landing close. Had two great chances for birdie but wanted a par and left the putts a little short. It really all just clicked. I wish I could play like that all the time, because I'd be comfortably low teens in the handicap stakes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A game of two halves this morning. Course that I've played before but not in a few years and they've changed the layout around as they are building a new clubhouse.

Had an absolutely horrific front 9, to the point I was about to walk off after the 9th. Didn't hit a single good shot. Alot of the holes favoured fades/slices and I was reluctant to hit them since I'm trying to do the opposite these days. Tops, shanks, duffed chips the lot. Was genuinely the worst I've ever played. Didn't strike anything at all it was a literal hack to the green then 2/3 putt.

Back 9 started off the same, by the time I got to the 13th I just stopped caring at all and given up on any hope of salvaging a decent score, was probably on for a 120+ by this point. Then it all just sort of clicked.

Par on the last 5 holes. Unbelievable stuff really, from completely nowhere. Driver was getting smashed about 270/280, which left me short irons or wedges into greens which I hit. There was a couple holes I got a bit lucky with chips taking a good bounce and landing close. Had two great chances for birdie but wanted a par and left the putts a little short. It really all just clicked. I wish I could play like that all the time, because I'd be comfortably low teens in the handicap stakes.
Probably a bit of a 2+2 basic conclusion, but maybe you were too tense to begin with. Tension is a swing killer. Once you gave up caring, tension in the arms subsides and frees the swing up?