I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Mandofred

Visit site
(lots of bad words here......).....Senior rollup today, out in +1....came back +8 to shoot my handicap......thought the hc was going to come down nicely and I totally messed up on several holes taking chances I didn't need to take. Bone head.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Leeds & District Rabbits Pinder Trophy yesterday at Howley Hall. 17 points out and 9 points back :mad:. Really fast greens, and I seemd to manage to find every ditch on the course.

Par 3 8th, hit a terrible tee shot into the trees on the left. Played a provisional onto the green. Then one of my playing companions found my original ball in a terrible lie. Was not chuffed, but it was my fault as I hadn't said to not look for it (can you even do that?).

Having a lesson the day before where i had my alignment completely changed can't have helped (my shoulders have been way open at address)

Yes you don’t have to look for your original ball if you so wish and to inform your pp

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Played the Himalayas this afternoon.

Glad to say the driving from the range worked on the course. Highlight being that I finally drove the green on the 8th having donated more than my fair share of balls to the water hazard this year!

+4 for 21 points. With a few indifferent irons on the first 2 holes.

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
Played Sutton Green, just outside of Guildford today.

First decent round in what seems like ages! 38points with 1 blob.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday with two mates. Rubbish start. Then 8 (eight) straight pars. I've never done this many in a row before. Actually parred 9 in total.

TigerTime

Visit site
Another range session last night which actually went alot better. Got into a routine of practicing rotation before most of the hits. Still vast majority of shots were rubbish but the swing itself felt a bit better and smoother at times. Striking was slightly better too. I've been getting 100 balls and working my way through the bag from PW-Driver but next time going to change it round and hit less balls as I did feel last 20 balls or so it was just a bit tiring and I lost it a bit mentally. Will go for 50 and Driver-6 next time. Also the range has re-opened their putting greens again so going to make use of those so I don't 3 putt everything next time out. Other things I've noticed. Cant hit 3-wood for shite, it's honestly the worst club in my bag by far. Not much difference in distance from 4-5-6 irons, hard to tell from the distance markers on the range but assume it's do with strike. 7-8-9-PW can hit well fairly easily so with them I think just more target practice.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another range session last night which actually went alot better. Got into a routine of practicing rotation before most of the hits. Still vast majority of shots were rubbish but the swing itself felt a bit better and smoother at times. Striking was slightly better too. I've been getting 100 balls and working my way through the bag from PW-Driver but next time going to change it round and hit less balls as I did feel last 20 balls or so it was just a bit tiring and I lost it a bit mentally. Will go for 50 and Driver-6 next time. Also the range has re-opened their putting greens again so going to make use of those so I don't 3 putt everything next time out. Other things I've noticed. Cant hit 3-wood for shite, it's honestly the worst club in my bag by far. Not much difference in distance from 4-5-6 irons, hard to tell from the distance markers on the range but assume it's do with strike. 7-8-9-PW can hit well fairly easily so with them I think just more target practice.

At least it's a start. I was working on something that sounds close to your work. I've put a little more knee flex in and swinging a little flatter and trying to rotate harder and clear the hips to give me space to hit. I opened the left foot outwards as well to help rotation. Working really well but I did find I had a tendency to throw the right shoulder out and over the top which led to several massive pulls and the odd big push/slice. Might be worth a try??? Stick with it though. It will get better and once you find strike then distance will get better through the bag

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Queens @ Gleneagles on Saturday.

Didn't get off the tee for first 6 holes so only really played 2/3 of it.

Most enjoyable when actually playing golf, pleasant enough walk to distract from the hacking bits.

Driver on the naughty step again for the foreseeable I think ?

TigerTime

Visit site
At least it's a start. I was working on something that sounds close to your work. I've put a little more knee flex in and swinging a little flatter and trying to rotate harder and clear the hips to give me space to hit. I opened the left foot outwards as well to help rotation. Working really well but I did find I had a tendency to throw the right shoulder out and over the top which led to several massive pulls and the odd big push/slice. Might be worth a try??? Stick with it though. It will get better and once you find strike then distance will get better through the bag

I'll keep this in mind and give it a go!

That's all I wanted to see, was some progress even if small. Now I feel even more motivated to keep going. I can tell when I've struck one well, as I almost always instantly lose the ball flight and can't see a thing, then I'll just see it drop to the ground in the distance.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I actually resembled a golfer for 9 holes today.
Out in 9 over for 44 but back in 1 over 38 for an 82, 10 over par total and two shots below handicap, CSS off the yellows is 69.

Hit a shot to remember on the 15th where, after a poor second I had just over 180 yards with water to carry, lovely 4 iron pin high and holed for birdie.
Playing the Ben Sayers Mentor irons and the recently acquired Goudie International SS300 putter.

1600180161519.png1600180296139.png

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I actually resembled a golfer for 9 holes today.
Out in 9 over for 44 but back in 1 over 38 for an 82, 10 over par total and two shots below handicap, CSS off the yellows is 69.

Hit a shot to remember on the 15th where, after a poor second I had just over 180 yards with water to carry, lovely 4 iron pin high and holed for birdie.
Playing the Ben Sayers Mentor irons and the recently acquired Goudie International SS300 putter.

View attachment 32366View attachment 32367
I see Goudie have been ripping off TaylorMade again.....:unsure:

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Lesson today, when I booked it it wasn't yet supposed to be 'very warm' today. At 35 minutes I was starting to feel tired, at 50 minutes I was spent. By 52 minutes I was shaking and asked the pro to stop right there. Had to sit in the car for 20 minutes before driving back home. This is just not my weather.

Lesson learned is that I can book morning lessons in the winter, but in summer look at the weather forecast or think when the sun will have gone past the roof.
Oh, and make the left hip lead the swing, not the right shoulder.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lesson today, when I booked it it wasn't yet supposed to be 'very warm' today. At 35 minutes I was starting to feel tired, at 50 minutes I was spent. By 52 minutes I was shaking and asked the pro to stop right there. Had to sit in the car for 20 minutes before driving back home. This is just not my weather.

Lesson learned is that I can book morning lessons in the winter, but in summer look at the weather forecast or think when the sun will have gone past the roof.
Oh, and make the left hip lead the swing, not the right shoulder.

Aside from not feeling totally tickety boo at the end how did it go. I get the right shoulder bit but how does the left hip work. I think I've seen a video on it somewhere so sure it's right but not sure how you get it leading

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
It all feels weird. I swing well when doing the drill, but put the ballin place I am getting all jumpy again. But it's basically about the arms following the body rather than the club leading the swing. You probably do what you need to do, you just describe it differently.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It all feels weird. I swing well when doing the drill, but put the ballin place I am getting all jumpy again. But it's basically about the arms following the body rather than the club leading the swing. You probably do what you need to do, you just describe it differently.

I was always told to simply let the ball get in the way of the club on the way down and through. It's not a reactionary sport and the ball isn't moving so just do what you seem to be doing in rehearsal and trust the club to find the ball at the bottom of the real swing and not try and force it in any way

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
Somewhere I play regularly as Gary Smith is based there and I have used him for a few short game lessons. Decent course at the moment but gets very wet in the winter. Decent enough course
It’s a nice track, but as you say, and the same with most courses in the area, doesn’t hold up well to lots of rain. Played Guildford last week which was in just as good condition.