I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Just got back from three days in France. Played Belle Dunes and both courses at Le Golf National.

Will do a proper write up tomorrow, but all I will say is that L’Aigle is an absolute waste of time.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pro-shop stableford today. A bit blustery for first 9, blowing a hoolie for second 9. Scored 36 points (1 better than SSS). Well pleased as managed to avoid being beaten up by the wind rather better than most. Was in 2nd place when I left. Didn't check, but believe it was a qualifier so hopefully another cut - 0.3 at least possibly more as a good chance CSS will go up.

Boooo ....

Results in and I came second which is nice. But CSS went down for goodness sake!! How the heck it went down I'll never know , but means no cut :(

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Boooo ....

Results in and I came second which is nice. But CSS went down for goodness sake!! How the heck it went down I'll never know , but means no cut :(

How many entered? I had this on an awful day scoring 40 points, thought I was in for a huge cut. Only 11 entered and I think 4 of us beat h/c so CSS went down 2! I was sure I was in for a meaty one! Main thing is you were able to play the course when it was tough and the season's not even started, you'll soon get your just deserts!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
How many entered? I had this on an awful day scoring 40 points, thought I was in for a huge cut. Only 11 entered and I think 4 of us beat h/c so CSS went down 2! I was sure I was in for a meaty one! Main thing is you were able to play the course when it was tough and the season's not even started, you'll soon get your just deserts!
36 if i recall correctly. Two of us bettered SSS by one, two were on SSS and seven others would have been in buffer depending on their handicap.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
36 if i recall correctly. Two of us bettered SSS by one, two were on SSS and seven others would have been in buffer depending on their handicap.

You’ll need someone more familiar with the workings than I to figure it out but I’d say CSS dropping two sounds excessive. But I’ve been fooled before. And it stinks. Sorry lad hopefully better cuts to come you’re obviously playing well enough for it

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
You’ll need someone more familiar with the workings than I to figure it out but I’d say CSS dropping two sounds excessive. But I’ve been fooled before. And it stinks. Sorry lad hopefully better cuts to come you’re obviously playing well enough for it

CSS only went down by one (ie the most it can do.). I think someone else suggested that their CSS went down by two.

Anyhoo... onwards & downwards, there's always the St Patrick's coming up this weekend.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hickory at Tain. Nairn Vs Royal Dornoch ,much better weather than the last few days at least, but quite windy still.

Hit it OK, not great by any means but good enough to take the money from our oppo, 4/3

D

Deleted member 16999

Managed to get out today as forecast for the rest of the week is bad.
Thought I’d have a go at a bit better course management after reading the other thread, happily went round in 8 over, 1 under handicap, this included 2 putting every green, normally average 29-31 putts per round and bogeying 4 out of 5 Par 3’s.
Maybe we get complacent round our home course.
Certainly food for thought.

D

Deleted member 21258

Just got back from three days in France. Played Belle Dunes and both courses at Le Golf National.

Will do a proper write up tomorrow, but all I will say is that L’Aigle is an absolute waste of time.

Any write up as yet :) Its been a long 24 hours;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played the first medal of the year today...it was windy....seriously windy!
Got a lesson tomorrow and then playing all weekend. It's windy all weekend and still got 45mph gusts forecast for Friday. Not looking forward to two comps in two days but at least Saturday is a pairs but both scores count. How did you get on in the medal? Was it a qualifier

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went on the 9 hole course on my own today with 3 things in mind

Practice 3 wood of the deck
Give my newly put together 5 iron a good work out to see if deserves to be in the bag.
Improve my wedge play

I came off the course thinking "I should have been doing all of that on a day when I could stand reasonably still at address".

Visit site
9 holes to banish the demons from last weekend
Far better rhythm to most of my game - so generally happier going into a comp tomorrow & Sunday - even if left both my birdie opportunities 1 foot short!!
It was a glorious day here - walked round with the better half - tho she's a hard taskmaster - i gave myself a 6" inch gimme on one hole and she was decidedly unhappy!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I went on the 9 hole course on my own today with 3 things in mind

Practice 3 wood of the deck
Give my newly put together 5 iron a good work out to see if deserves to be in the bag.
Improve my wedge play

I came off the course thinking "I should have been doing all of that on a day when I could stand reasonably still at address".
We have gusts of 52mph forecast tomorrow for the pairs comp on. Part of me hoping they may postpone it on H&S grounds but doubt it. Not sure there's much point even hitting the practice ground to loosen up. Wanted to hit some balls after a lesson yesterday but I guess I'll use the wind as an excuse if it goes horribly wrong

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played hickory foursomes at Royal Worlington & Newmarket, 18 holes in the morning and 9 in the afternoon.

I had one of my best putting days for a while but we still lost the morning match after a match play moment on the 16th.
We were on the fringe in two and they were 120 yards out after having to hack out from under a tree, they then hit a good shot into the teeth of the wind (which was strong!) and holed from 20 feet for par, we took three from the fringe and lost the hole to go dormey 2 down and a half on the 17th sealed our fate.

After a fine lunch a 3 and 1 win in the afternoon rounded off a very enjoyable day.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Wrong thread I know, but I’m randomly irritated that Imurg hasn’t put up a report on his incredible round at The Zoo yesterday . 😂😂

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Word on the streets is that I’d have beaten him just by turning up.

Possibly a broken man by now
#pray4Imurg 👍
At least I played......:unsure:
Yep it was, very possibly, the worst I've hit the ball in a very long time.:poop::poop::poop:
And in strong winds, f you don't hit it well, you're in trouble....
Played some holes well but most were just horrific.
I've scored more in 8 holes than I did on the whole 18.........
Saving up my decent play for Wednesday at Stoke Park(y)