I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Saturday roll up. Total crap to match the total crap I played yesterday. No idea where the club is in my swing, feeling lost with my game and all a bit cheesed off. Really windy today to the point where golf trolleys were blown over, balls blown off tees and watched a 3 handicapper hit driver, 3 wood and wedge to our 400 yard 9th and he's not short and he got both long clubs and it's usually driver 7-8 iron

Every part of my game is off. I want to put it down to the wind putting me off but that's a cheap option. Played dross yesterday in far easier conditions and haven't felt like I've swing well for a few weeks

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pro-shop stableford today. A bit blustery for first 9, blowing a hoolie for second 9. Scored 36 points (1 better than SSS). Well pleased as managed to avoid being beaten up by the wind rather better than most. Was in 2nd place when I left. Didn't check, but believe it was a qualifier so hopefully another cut - 0.3 at least possibly more as a good chance CSS will go up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pro-shop stableford today. A bit blustery for first 9, blowing a hoolie for second 9. Scored 36 points (1 better than SSS). Well pleased as managed to avoid being beaten up by the wind rather better than most. Was in 2nd place when I left. Didn't check, but believe it was a qualifier so hopefully another cut - 0.3 at least possibly more as a good chance CSS will go up.
Good to see you keeping the good run going especially in the conditions. Hopefully it'll be a qualifier for you. Who knows, CSS might even go up

D

Deleted member 16999

Played in an Ind Stab Open today at another Club, forecast was bright, dry and high winds, they nearly got it right, just missed the 1 hour of rain, snow and sleet, soaking wet and freezing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thankfully the golf was ok, 30pts never challenged the leaderboard, but steady for the first game without teeing up and winter tees in over 4 months

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good to see you keeping the good run going especially in the conditions. Hopefully it'll be a qualifier for you. Who knows, CSS might even go up
Ta.

It's amazing what a couple of small changes make to ones game. A slight change of grip, and a bit of advice from a fellow "swindler" about breaking wrists, and i find I'm striking the ball so much better. But then again, golf is a game that comes and bites you in the airse, so I' m still on tenterhooks ...

user104

Visit site
Played in an Ind Stab Open today at another Club, forecast was bright, dry and high winds, they nearly got it right, just missed the 1 hour of rain, snow and sleet, soaking wet and freezing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thankfully the golf was ok, 30pts never challenged the leaderboard, but steady for the first game without teeing up and winter tees in over 4 months

I missed the rain, probably the best part of the day for me ........... but it cheers me up to see the Toffees crest on this forum:)

D

Deleted member 21258

Probably last round at Conwy as a member, with a light breeze, nice to finish in proper links conditions.

Managed 9 over, lost 2 balls (1st and no surprise the 17th, bleeding gorse:D), disappointment that I missed two 3-4 foot putts for birdies(14th and 16th).

When will I see you again, hopefully when it feels more than three degrees;)

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played a Texas Scramble yesterday, 3 ball. Our combined HCP was 12 - made only 1 bogey and shot -4, 52 points and unbelievably came second, a team playing off 24 got 57 points, madness.

I also won one of the nearest the pins so ended up with a couple of prizes.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Club match 4BBB yesterday in a gale- 4 to 5 club wind but we all laughed it off and knew it’d be tough for everyone. I played with a 4h/c against a 13 and 21 and what a great game we had, ebb and flow and played in the best of competitive but sportsmanlike spirit. We won on 17 with no qualms, what a pleasure to play with golfers who play the sport as it’s intended.

Today I took my godson to the range, he’s 8 and looks like he’s caught the bug. Really enjoyed teaching him the basics and seeing the joy of nailing a hybrid 80 yards dead straight. Boy can hit a ball. Joy for him. Despair for me because I realised some day he’s going to beat me 😂

Looking forward to that and all that comes with it. Golf weekends don’t come much better.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Club match 4BBB yesterday in a gale- 4 to 5 club wind but we all laughed it off and knew it’d be tough for everyone. I played with a 4h/c against a 13 and 21 and what a great game we had, ebb and flow and played in the best of competitive but sportsmanlike spirit. We won on 17 with no qualms, what a pleasure to play with golfers who play the sport as it’s intended.

Today I took my godson to the range, he’s 8 and looks like he’s caught the bug. Really enjoyed teaching him the basics and seeing the joy of nailing a hybrid 80 yards dead straight. Boy can hit a ball. Joy for him. Despair for me because I realised some day he’s going to beat me 😂

Looking forward to that and all that comes with it. Golf weekends don’t come much better.

They all beat you eventually!!

Wolf

Visit site
Played today comp was downgraded to NQ due to temps being in use. A contrast of days played well yesterday in winds got 0.1 increase. Today in the wind and rain played pretty crap and got 39 points to be in second when I left the club ..

Now just waiting for everything to dry off including myself.

Edit: just checked the finals scores went from 2nd to near last someone came with 48points in those conditions.... 😳

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Didn’t tee off until 2pm today in an Ind Stab Comp, chucked it down from 11 til 1pm so had missed the worst of the weather or should I say rain, unfortunately as the rain stopped the wind got up and by the time we teed off it was 30mph gusts sideways.
Happy with 35pts in sunny blustery conditions, clubs in car, got a drink in the clubhouse, no more than 15 minutes after we’d finished and we had a snowstorm, just driven home, course is white!! Weird day weather wise.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
After playing well yesterday I should have left it there, haha. Football was cancelled today so I joined up with two pals who were playing at Bushey Hall. Sadly it was pretty much blowing a hurricane which made it a little difficult. I started well but a few holes were just impossible to score on. The 210 yard par 3 into the wind was fun - hit a driver and still got nowhere near.

Managed 30 points in the end, so not a disaster given the conditions. Main positive is that I've hit the hybrid really well all weekend which is progress. Also I played my shot of the day on the 18th so it's always nice to end on a high.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Didn't fancy it with the winds we had down here today especially after playing badly yesterday. Went up to the club at lunchtime and seemed like a good decision. Watched the few that had turned up for the roll up play up 18 and of 12 I watched, 5 hit decent shots into the last that all started straight (from roughly 120 yards and in) that went up and the about 20 yards sideways into the pond short and right. Even a couple of guys who played elongated chip and runs were affected and they came up short. When I left, with a couple of groups left, 31 was the best in. Someone was saying a couple of trees in the out of bounds left of 16 had come down and a bough was lying on the 6th hole which did make me question whether H&S should have allowed it

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played a bogey game with mates. I was three up, which equated to a gross 78, 39 points which in the wind was not bad.

Extension to clubhouse nearly finished, and had a sneak look round. It makes the lounge much bigger, and the verandah looking out over the 18th is much improved. Imagine it might get quite noisy on competition days.:whistle:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played a bogey game with mates. I was three up, which equated to a gross 78, 39 points which in the wind was not bad.

Extension to clubhouse nearly finished, and had a sneak look round. It makes the lounge much bigger, and the verandah looking out over the 18th is much improved. Imagine it might get quite noisy on competition days.:whistle:
Didn't know your place was doing extensions. Sounds really good and you could imagine a the banter from a forum meet let alone one of your own big competitions from the balcony. Might have to try and find a way to wander back there in the summer and check it all out

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Sounds very good to me in that wind!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Didn't know your place was doing extensions. Sounds really good and you could imagine a the banter from a forum meet let alone one of your own big competitions from the balcony. Might have to try and find a way to wander back there in the summer and check it all out
Only problem could be that the verandah is now 20 feet closer to the course, and well in my range for a pulled second/third/ fourth etc shot down the last.:eek: It has been nicely done, but I think the interior designer came at a cost. Very retro.