I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday, was raining when we started at 10:30 and it stopped about 11:30, wasn't heavy luckily and ended up being a nice afternoon.

Was a monthly stableford, I took a half set to save weight in the bag.

Made a 25 foot putt on the first for par and played very solid golf all the way through. Kept it simple, didn't make too many mistakes and played sensible when I was out of position. Made a great birdie on the 10th too.

Ended up shooting 15 over, 36 points, no blobs and came 14th overall.
Yes I played with half a set yesterday.
but the golfing gods decided almost every iron shot I had was one of the ones I had left out.😳

shocking weather meant only 9 holes.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We're carrying only at the moment so just took a bit more than a half set - left the driver, 5h and a couple of wedges in the car.
Fragger took his full set.....
9 holes is enough for me with a bag on my back these days, started on 10 with a nice par.
Hit the ball reasonably and finished with a 5 over score for 17 points..can't grumble with that when 3 of the longer holes were into the wind..which was fairly brisk.
Hopefully back to trolleys tomorrow
No real rain due and the winds will help dry things out.....

Springveldt

Visit site
Played yesterday at the local links course that I joined last month which is looking like a great decision as my usual parkland course has been closed for 10 straight days now.

Teed off around 9am with a lot of sea mist, could maybe see 150 yards at most. It cleared up around the 5th hole and after that it was a beautiful morning for golf, no wind and not that cold either. I didn’t play great but was just happy to get out and play 18 holes when nearly every other course around here is closed.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday at the local links course that I joined last month which is looking like a great decision as my usual parkland course has been closed for 10 straight days now.

Teed off around 9am with a lot of sea mist, could maybe see 150 yards at most. It cleared up around the 5th hole and after that it was a beautiful morning for golf, no wind and not that cold either. I didn’t play great but was just happy to get out and play 18 holes when nearly every other course around here is closed.

Newbiggin.....??

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Today we had a team waltz comp, I thought that there would be no chance of playing given the volume of water that fell out of the sky yesterday, but we did and the course held up well given there was 28 x 4 balls on a shotgun start.

I'm still working on my swing following the 2 days of tuition I had a few weeks ago. I managed 7 pars which was pretty good with a complete new swing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Course has been open this weekend to my surprise and was surprisingly playable as well today. Conditions were still tough - soft underfoot, a fierce wind blowing plus the sun was out completely blinding us on some shots! But at least it made it nice and warm. Despite the wind I was down to shirt sleeves for a lot of it.

I played well, the conditions resulted in a couple of fatted pitch shots and hellish lies. Only 3 pars but only 3 doubles as well, so bogey golf and 32 points scored (86 gross). Was very happy with that. I drove the ball exceptionally well (75% of fairways hit), and putted pretty well too, albeit left a few just short in the jaws. Lovely enjoyable round. One of those where we just happy to be out there and let the score take care of itself.

D

Deleted member 25172

Played my 3rd full round while using Shotscope to track my stats. Although I know it without even have to look at the numbers, but boy is it depressing to have the numbers there right in front of you as you edit and finish the round.

My game is completely ruined by my poor driving. Actually, poor doesn't ever cover it. It's so fantastically bad so to put the actual words to describe it would lead to an infraction. I love golf, but the inability to hit a driver is completely draining any joy from it. Don't think I'd exaggerate if I say that my dispersion laterally is somewhere in the region of 150+ yards. 5 lost balls today.

It's absolutely soul destroying (yes yes, I know - it's a hobby, don't take it so seriously, just go out and enjoy it, you don't do it for a living bla bla bla).

1699193824500.png

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played my 3rd full round while using Shotscope to track my stats. Although I know it without even have to look at the numbers, but boy is it depressing to have the numbers there right in front of you as you edit and finish the round.

My game is completely ruined by my poor driving. Actually, poor doesn't ever cover it. It's so fantastically bad so to put the actual words to describe it would lead to an infraction. I love golf, but the inability to hit a driver is completely draining any joy from it. Don't think I'd exaggerate if I say that my dispersion laterally is somewhere in the region of 150+ yards. 5 lost balls today.

It's absolutely soul destroying (yes yes, I know - it's a hobby, don't take it so seriously, just go out and enjoy it, you don't do it for a living bla bla bla).

View attachment 50332
Would you like me to give you a few pointers? Dear boy 🤭🤭

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Aye, dunno why I didn’t join sooner. It was open on the newer Dunes course (the new par 4 is a brilliant hole cut between big dunes and really tight tee shot) as even it was wet on the holes that are a little further inland.

Greens are in amazing condition for this time of year and all the rain we’ve had.

Yes, I've got a couple friends that are members there too.
1 of them hosted a couple of my other mates last Tuesday, commented was bone dry and greens were great.

I always enjoy the place
Nice course 👍

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
We're carrying only at the moment so just took a bit more than a half set - left the driver, 5h and a couple of wedges in the car.
Fragger took his full set.....
9 holes is enough for me with a bag on my back these days, started on 10 with a nice par.
Hit the ball reasonably and finished with a 5 over score for 17 points..can't grumble with that when 3 of the longer holes were into the wind..which was fairly brisk.
Hopefully back to trolleys tomorrow
No real rain due and the winds will help dry things out.....
I actually left my 60 degree wedge out, not that it makes much difference, but I would have used it on 2 shots if I had it.

15 points on 6 holes, (3 blobby Wobby’s)
First hole was just a disaster area.
Did ok until the 5th hit the ball into the trees, rather than over, lost ball, major blob. Under a leaf somewhere.
3 points on the difficult 6th (15th)
Then a blob on the short par 3, deeply plugged in the bunker, just not going to happen.

Missed a 5 footer for par on the 9th (18th)

If I had 1 point on each of those blobby holes, I’ve have had him.

Here’s to next time 👍

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site

View attachment 50332

Is this any use mate?

IMG_4660.png

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

View attachment 50332
Tough game if your struggling off the tee.
was like this myself a few weeks ago ,but hey presto BACK TO BASICS.

D

Deleted member 25172

Tough game if your struggling off the tee.
was like this myself a few weeks ago ,but hey presto BACK TO BASICS.
If only it was something that happens every once in a while. I’ve always been wild off the tee but the last 2 years I’ve added a whole other dimension to it. :(

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played in the roll up yesterday, we play full handicaps so I got 19 shots. Scored 45 points, one of those days where pretty much everything goes as well as it could. Holed some nice putts, got up and down nicely etc. We’ve got preferred lies and some of the tees are a bit forward (still played off the whites), but with the fairways being so soft even flooded in places and the bunkers horrific, this balances out in my opinion.

But I wouldn’t be a golfer if it wasn’t tainted with disappointment. Stood on the 18th tee, short par 4, 8 over, needed a birdie to break 80 for the first time ever. Previous best score is 83. Proceeded to wallop the driver, big slice into the trees, knobbed it around a few times and walked off with a 6 for a total of 82. What an idiot. Still a pb but why not just go for an easy par?

Jason.H

Visit site
1st round in 4 weeks albeit 9 hole and played really well, level par. The greens were very slow else I would have been a couple under. Would playing less mean playing better? 😂

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We played yesterday and were very happy.
Not so much about the golf but the booking in front of us were 3 fairly slow players whom I know well. Persuaded them to let us tee off first we finished in just over 3 hours and the heavens opened just after we went in for a drink.
One of their 3 had walked after 12 holes but we still finished ages before them.
They came in looking like drowned rats.

Only my third round after a 6 week lay off with injury and pleased to score to one over handicap.