I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hello mudda, hello fadda,
Here I am at Camp Granada.
Course is really aquaplaning,
And they say we'll have some golf when it stops raining.

All the bar staff hate the members
And the GM hates complainers.
And the pro shop they look real bored
And everyone's sick of hearing what Ori scored.

And now I'm bored... 🤣
You've a talent......not sure what for but there must be one somewhere...;):ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played the final round of our Saturday Summer Roll-up comp.

Before heading out was informed that I had a chance of winning the overall comp. Just had to post a good score, but it also depended on what player A and player B scored - assuming no freak scores from players C or D.

OK - well nothing like going out with a little bit of pressure…though I didn’t feel that much tbh as off back tees with no run off the tee, and playing off a roll-up handicap of 5 when my club handicap is 8, I wasn’t expecting a great score.

But blow me down…despite some torrential downpours and a stack of rubbish shots off tee and fairway, my short game saw me to 36pts.

Didn‘t win the day (39 did), but a share of 2nd so a few quids. And then after a fair bit of working stuff out the organiser announced the winner of the summer comp…yup…yours truly. I’ll take the applause thankyou.

Winning doesn’t come with anything more than holding the trophy until end March (unless I win the Winter comp) but it’s a nice trophy to hold as the comp was set up in memory of one of the founders of the rollup who sadly died last year.

And for the cherry on top…I managed to keep a 6 (or worse) off my card….and that is a rare beast indeed for me and something I haven’t done for rather a long time.

All in all a pretty darned good last 2 months on the course since my pre-H4H winning knock.

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today in a medal but wished I hadn’t. Course ought to have been closed. 3 putted one green because the hole was surrounded by water, nowhere to take relief. Lost 4 balls, usually I just wear them out and chuck them after 5 rounds 😢 And I found out that the shoes I wore today leak like a sieve.

Albo

Visit site
Very very much a game of 2 halves today.
Out in 35, +2, with a 3 putt on the first and a lost ball double on 5.
Back in 43 +9, with 2 3 putts and a quad on 11.
All this off a HCI of 10 and a CH of 10 too.
Game feels really close at the moment. Played Friday and went out in 36 +1 (different course), didn’t finish due to light, but I’m starting to put together some good runs of holes.
Need to put 18 together, but feel I could be on for a good score at some point

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1st round of the winter singles yesterday, giving 13 shots and with a bruised ego from last weeks hack my mindset wasn’t good.

I was 4 up after 7 and full of bounce but after 11 it was all square with shots on every hole bar 16. Grenade bar and a coffee and it was on!!

4&2 win.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Course was open - very damp though. We hoped to get round before the scheduled midday downpour, but immediately realised we had no chance as we were stuck behind another slow group (two of them the same as the slow group two weeks ago). Waited ten minutes on each tee.

Felt like I was playing quite well but it also felt like the dawn of winter golf (coinciding nicely with the clocks changing, funnily enough). Just too many mudbath lies, bunkers like cement, had no chance around the greens a few times. After we'd played nine holes that torrential downpour arrived (earlier than forecast). So now we're playing painfully slow muddy golf under umbrellas, puddles starting to form on the greens, patience wearing thin. Next three holes brought us very little joy, so we jumped ahead two holes to play the par 5 that leads up towards the clubhouse and called it a day. 13 holes played, only one par and 18 points for me - and I didn't even play badly. Just no chance in the conditions.

Roll on next May. ☹️

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
A really strange round this morning. Monthly stableford, course in really decent nick and I played some really lovely stuff. But on four or five holes in the middle of my round I totally lost my tempo and it showed - it was like flicking a switch because my ball striking went from lovely to absolute guff.

Got it back again and finished strongly but 30 points really doesn’t tell the story. I’m happy with how I’m playing in the main, but really need to keep my focus and concentrate on my tempo. If that’s good, everything just clicks.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
2nd round of the winter pairs knockout. Been slashing down during the night with some heavy showers. We drew a couple of young men, both off single figures, so I got a shed load of shots. Teed off the 10th and started par par par par so I felt that the coaching I had a couple of weeks ago was bedding in. Despite the rain we had a great game with our opponents and the match finished all square

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
2nd round of the winter pairs knockout. Been slashing down during the night with some heavy showers. We drew a couple of young men, both off single figures, so I got a shed load of shots. Teed off the 10th and started par par par par so I felt that the coaching I had a couple of weeks ago was bedding in. Despite the rain we had a great game with our opponents and the match finished all square
So did you play on to extra holes?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Winter League Rd 2 with the youth - Greensomes.
Joint handicap of 10 over the 11 holes open for play after all the rain we've had here in West Yorkshire - No trees we're pulled up, nor were any lights shot out, but we did knock it round for a respectable 21 points.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played at Wrexham yesterday with a society, I really enjoyed the course, it had some nice holes and quite we a bit of variation, I did find it was playing long, I barely used a mid iron all round and my score suffered but I would like to play it in the summer.
One thing that was strange were the stroke indexes, I know it does'nt really matter where the strokes are as long as they and evenly distributed but a pretty straight forward par 3 that was SI 4 for the men and 9 for me, really stood out

AussieKB

Visit site
Had 33 points today, so no change to my handicap of 5 ️
Event was won with 43 points (hcp 16) 2nd 42 points (hcp 25)
and 3rd 41 points ( hcp 43) who wiped two holes......

D

Deleted member 23270

With the current weather maybe this thread should be renamed to 'I played this summer......'

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll be able to join in tomorrow. I've booked an hour on the club simulator 🤣 . It isn't the best but it's nice and toasty in the room so better than freezing at a range.