I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Out for 10 this morning, real mixed bag when you are fighting a straight hook 😩😩😩
Ground absolutely soaking which made short shot’s difficult, wedge was just sliding under.
First game in a few weeks so happy to be out.
Fortrose tomorrow and it’s blowing a hoolie 🙈

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Can you not just book a tee time then head off, or am I missing something, wouldn’t be the first time 😂😂
For the bulk of the week we don't have booked times - only Sunday am (men) and Tuesday am (ladies) plus some comps..
Other than that its a free for all......rock up, queue up.
An easy way to overload the course and slow everything down...
So no way of knowing how busy then ourselves is until you get there.....
PITA...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out with Fragger first thing and it was....wet!
Opted out of putting cards in just incase we'd had enough after 9...
2 bogeys to start didn't fill me with that warm feeling but a birdie on 3 made up for it..
Pretty solid from there and turned with 17 points to Fragger's 20.
The rain slowed and we carried on, it had gone by the 13th..
Even more solid on the back 9..just a bogey on 14 after my drive finished close to a bunker - had to stand in it, ball 8 inches above my feet, pushed it right behind a tree, chipped out, pitched on and sunk a 20 footer....simple sometimes.
All pars for the other 8 holes so a 76 total, 39 points.
Shame we didn't put a card in.....

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
For the bulk of the week we don't have booked times - only Sunday am (men) and Tuesday am (ladies) plus some comps..
Other than that its a free for all......rock up, queue up.
An easy way to overload the course and slow everything down...
So no way of knowing how busy then ourselves is until you get there.....
PITA...
That would put me off joining a course, couldn‘t be bothered not knowing when or if I’m going to get out or how long I’d have to wait.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Out for 10 this morning, real mixed bag when you are fighting a straight hook 😩😩😩
Ground absolutely soaking which made short shot’s difficult, wedge was just sliding under.
First game in a few weeks so happy to be out.
Fortrose tomorrow and it’s blowing a hoolie 🙈
better than yomping around a soaking wet Inverness.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
after several cancellations recently I played in a 12 hole Turkey at Burnley today, I also haven't been playing very well when I did play but after filming my swing I think I have sorted my problem, I certainly mostly played very well, hitting 9 greens in regulation although due them being full of dew I did 3 putt three times, also on the 3 hole when I didn't hit the green in regulation I messed up my recovery and double bogeyed each one but overall I was very pleased wit hmy game.

sjw

Visit site
I had a range session where I DIDN'T shank half my first 30 balls. In fact, I struck the ball really well, dispersion was way down from what it normally is. Also managed to strike driver really well (230+ carry) even with a little bit of shape. Hit probably 200 balls, taking my time, and just generally really enjoyed it and felt like I was actually progressing and practicing, rather than setting off with good intentions but instead just blasting balls.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hosted my dad, uncle and cousin at Grims Dyke today. Stableford better ball match, as always - we've lost the last two so needed some revenge today. Played off yellows which was a rare treat.

My front nine was very hit and miss, for a while I'd only recorded either 3 points or 1/0 for a hole. Lucky my dad (off 37) had a couple of storming holes with a par 3 (on which I'd doubled/blobbed) and a chip-in birdie on the par 5 8th! So having lost the first hole we found ourselves 2 up at the turn.

Something clicked and my back nine was extremely strong. I parred the next five holes in a row, which put us 5 up by the 13th and halved the 14th to win the match 5 & 4. Honour restored! Three bogeys and a par to end meant my back nine was only 3 over par. 80 gross for 38 points in total (16 out, 22 in).

Very happy I managed to produce some decent golf after a bit of a ropey front nine that featured three doubles and some bad putting. Most alarming was the huge spectrum of quality with the fairway woods - hit some lovely pure strikes but also some god-awful skinny toe slices. Not sure what's going on there but that problem has been over the last few rounds now. Weather superb though - hardly a drop of rain and I was down to shirt sleeves for most of it.

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Nice and dry to start the round, biblical rain for the last hour
Picked up a nearest the pin that almost dropped but the ace still illudes me

All the gear is drowned, sun is out now so it's out to dry

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Swindle with pick and place everywhere (not that it mattered as I was almost always on the fairway) and one hole is a par 3 not 4 while they build a new tee for it.
Playing off 7 (course hcap 9) I shot 75, 4 over, gross. 20 points front and 20 points back, plus nearest the pin. Won £55! And cut to 3 in the swindle now! 🤣

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I played today and was reminded of the

Allan Sherman
"Camp Granada" song
1st verse
Hello mudda, hello fadda,
Here I am at Camp Granada.
Course is really aquaplaning,
And they say we'll have some golf when it stops raining.

All the bar staff hate the members
And the GM hates complainers.
And the pro shop they look real bored
And everyone's sick of hearing what Ori scored. 😉

And now I'm bored... 🤣

Last edited: