I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Against expectations, our place reopened yesterday, but only 8 holes, carry only. Better than nothing, but the real bummer is they have introduced fairway protection, so it's mats now until springtime.

Not very appetising, so we opted to play Bedlingtonshire instead. Hadn't played it before, was very impressed. Course was in lovely condition considering the weather we've had. Really enjoyed it, and a bargain at £12.50 a head.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Against expectations, our place reopened yesterday, but only 8 holes, carry only. Better than nothing, but the real bummer is they have introduced fairway protection, so it's mats now until springtime.

Not very appetising, so we opted to play Bedlingtonshire instead. Hadn't played it before, was very impressed. Course was in lovely condition considering the weather we've had. Really enjoyed it, and a bargain at £12.50 a head.
I've only played it once, in an open. Smashing club, well kept course. I remember the middle holes being the best. It's a long course off the whites though, too much for me to be a member there. A definite option for people in the area who hit a decent ball though.

For that green fee, crazy value 👍

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've only played it once, in an open. Smashing club, well kept course. I remember the middle holes being the best. It's a long course off the whites though, too much for me to be a member there. A definite option for people in the area who hit a decent ball though.

For that green fee, crazy value 👍
Even off the yellows, it's too long for me!

Will definitely be going back a few times over the winter though, much more enjoyable than trudging through the mud and playing off mats at our place.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A round at Airlinks with the wife today while little one was at nursery. First hole, a hit a solid hybrid up the left side of the fairway - never saw it again. Magic disappearing ball - great start. Played fairly well for the rest of it. Driver was really good, until it wasn't. Hit a few irons well right of the greens but hey ho. Finished with a cracking par, hitting the green with a 7 wood into the wind. Shot 83 (counting that first hole as a 7 for a blob) for 36 points so not too bad. Wife didn't have her best game but it was very muddy (greens were still surprisingly quick) and she couldn't get the buggy she's become accustomed to! 28 points for her.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Latest 6 holes this morning.
Played 4 away from the clubhouse, turned back and the sky was darker than Arnie's shades...
Played 2 more and called it quits before we had to break out life jackets.
In the end the rain wasn't as bad as we thought but it was bad enough to make it a quality decision.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Out with @Imurg at sparrowphart this morning, managed to time our turn to be behind the gents roll up and in front of the ladies roll up 👍

It was one of those rounds where you don’t play well, but you score well

Turned 19-15 in my favour and ended up 36-28 to trounce little chubby bro good n proper 😎

However the 5 x 1 pointers I had show that there is considerable room for improvement

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
A +4 72 this morning for a lot of points.

Highlights were a 30ft putt for a 2 on the 10th and on the last hitting my provisional to about 4ft to save par

Swindle tomorrow so I’ll need at least 60 points to have a chance

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Third round of Winter League. We were unlucky enough to be drawn quite late in the field, so suffered a five hour ten minute round to play a better ball stableford.

So angry by the time we finished that I can’t tell you what we scored. But I doubt we’ll be troubling the leader board.

Livid doesn’t come close.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played at Sherfield Oaks today for the first time. Wellington course. Jeez, I know why it’s called the wellington course, I should have worn a pair. If that was a private course it would have been closed. The whole place was absolutely saturated, never played anywhere before that was so wet. And slow, wow, three hours to play 11 holes. That’s when we gave up. The group holding everyone up were nowhere to be seen so from the 12th tee we jumped across to the 16th and played the last three holes and went for beer. If we’d stayed out it would have been dark anyway before we managed to finish. No real standout holes but would like to try it again in the summer as I imagine the greens are quite good during the normal golf season.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
just a role up and although i didn’t fancy it I dragged myself out of bed. Steady front with 17 points, but the back 9 .. 21 points with 2 chip in birdies on p4’s and a tap in birdie that hit the pin on the p5.

Unfortunately 38 points has me in 20th at the moment, 44 leading with the top 8 all being over 40pts.

P3’s killed me today bogeying all 4

Last edited:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
4bbb winter league match play today, first time playing at my home course in a while and we are now on our shorter winter course.

Started with a bogey, but got that back a few holes later and was level par after 9. Few silly bogeys on the back 9 to finish with my ball being +4 gross for a 72. We also won our match 5&4, so a good day all round really.