I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Everything is a struggle right now
So inconsistent - play a hole perfectly then play a hole like Fragger......
It doesn't help that the wind is from the direction that makes the hard holes harder but doesn't make the others any easier....

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had an awesome weekends golf. Shot 87 off the yellows around Hanbury Manor but the fireworks occurred on Saturday when I broke 80 for the first time ever with a 79 at my home course - what made it more special was that it was with a medal card in my hand and I started with a triple bogey too and nearly blew it on the last when I got the yips knowing I could break 80 🤪. Back to earth with a thud on Sunday though but the 79 will keep me going for a long time 🤣😂

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Senior Open at our place today.

PP and I dovetailed well apart from both 3 putting on the same 3 holes! 42 points was decent, and had us at the top of the leaderboard for a bit, until someone came in with a 46. Suspect there will be plenty big scores as the day goes on, nice sunny morning with very little wind.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Petersfield for the 1st time.
Nice course with very fast greens, which meant I had several three putts.
But, I still shot 37 points, didn't blob a hole, didn't lose a ball and .................................. didn't flub a chip!
Expecting things to change by Thursday.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in a Lancs senior ladies event at Davyhulme today, it is not a course I care for, due mainly to trees in the mibble of the fairways, 3times I hit lovey straight drives onlt to fine a large tree between my and my target, I dare say it is not to bad for men because you can get the ball a lot higher and longer, but one in perticulr in the middle of the 18th there was no shot ecept to try and keep the ball very low as to both sides you were hitting into more trees. The greens were also in pretty poor condition, with bare patches and also those lines you get that hadnt knitted back together, probably due to the lack of rain. That said I played pretty well and despite a shaky start I finished with 34 points and a temporary drop in handicap.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Lutterworth had a big tree in the middle of their 18th fairway until one member, in the dead of night, took a chainsaw to it.
Or so the story goes.

Everyone discusses doing this on our par 3 10th... One massive tree that blocks out 80% of the green and is an absolute monster.

Its protected though, so our grands staff cant even trim it :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 21258

Day out to Ferndown last week, nice drive down, nice course, nice clubhouse, nice weather, nice people, nice food, relaxing. I hacked and continued hacking until the last hole.

The lasting memory will be massive dinner portions tho:eek:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Winning by 8-shot margin in a field of 89 players is not "by miles" - its a few light years!
Marvellous.
(y)(y)(y) :):):)

Before I moved back from Spain I had a few rounds where I played decent golf, with a few back or front nines 2/3 shots over gross - so I know I can play that level, but our course is so relentless it can destroy the mental game.

Managed to hold it together at the weekend though, and a run of 3 pars from 10 to 12 made the ten over on the front nine look very useable.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Was out yesterday and after a slowish start was hitting the ball really well, Par/bogey golf up until the 15th, was sitting 9 over but I was delighted with that to be fair….
Then 15, a par 3 and I get a 10, 5 off the tee, 2 in the trees, a duffed chip and a 3 putt 🤣🤣🤣
Played the last 3, 2 over to give me 18 over par….
Not bothered in the slightest, ball striking and short game was excellent, just one absolute howler killed me.
Course is in absolutely immaculate condition as well.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My body has forgotten how to play golf. I very nearly threw a club today, lots of times. Shot 95, plus 90 is becoming the norm. I've started to think about giving the game up after this season. I've got a few buckets of ball on my card for the range. I'll be using them this week. Me and the wife are off to Pike Fold (a fav of mine) on Friday I wouldn't want to be playing like this it would spoil the day.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a senior open along with GG26 today.
I started well and after a birdie on the 8th was already on 18 points. :)
To say that the wheels then fell off is an understatement, 7 points for the next 10 holes! :censored:

simsini

Visit site
Played at Wrotham Heath for the first time today. Didn't score well, but I think it's a course you need to get to know as there are many quirks. The run from 3 to 8 are great holes in the valley at the rear of the course, but I thought the back nine was forgettable, and the last few holes, including the 18th, were the weakest of all.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Played at Wrotham Heath for the first time today. Didn't score well, but I think it's a course you need to get to know as there are many quirks. The run from 3 to 8 are great holes in the valley at the rear of the course, but I thought the back nine was forgettable, and the last few holes, including the 18th, were the weakest of all.
I use to to love playing Wrotham Heath when it was a 9 hole, I remember one of the par 4's was a drive across seven mile lane and you had to time your drive well to miss any high sided vans that crossed just in front of the teeing area, but when it was made into 18 holes the tee was put on the same side as the fairway :(

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played a senior open along with GG26 today.
I started well and after a birdie on the 8th was already on 18 points. :)
To say that the wheels then fell off is an understatement, 7 points for the next 10 holes! :censored:
Your play on those first eight holes with the vintage clubs was a joy to watch.

On to today. Crow joined me for a senior pairs open at Leamington. The course played well and was unexpectedly quite hilly. After 14 holes of a mixture of good and bad we were on a respectable but unexciting 30pts. We then scored 3pts, 4pts, 4pts & 3pts to end up on 44pts. The highlight of which was two great strikes from Crow in to the middle of the 17th green and he followed those up by holing the 25ft birdie putt. The results are now in and we finished 3rd 🙂

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Your play on those first eight holes with the vintage clubs was a joy to watch.

On to today. Crow joined me for a senior pairs open at Leamington. The course played well and was unexpectedly quite hilly. After 14 holes of a mixture of good and bad we were on a respectable but unexciting 30pts. We then scored 3pts, 4pts, 4pts & 3pts to end up on 44pts. The highlight of which was two great strikes from Crow in to the middle of the 17th green and he followed those up by holing the 25ft birdie putt. The results are now in and we finished 3rd 🙂

Cheers GG, but what you neglected to mention was that 10 of the points in the last 4 holes were yours, a combination of great striking and nerveless putting!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
another 9 holes last night and my scatter gun approach to scoring continued with

Double
Par
bogie
bogie
blob
birdie
birdie
par
birdie

Springveldt

Visit site
Played last night in the monthly medal and I hit the ball terribly but my chipping bailed me out on most occasions. I didn't hit a single fairway and I only hit 5 greens in regulation yet managed to shoot 79 for a differential of 6.4. Bunker play was massively improved after watching a few YouTube tutorials, it seems me standing up a bit more upright works as I don't dig the club in as much. Had plenty of practice as I was in 6 bunkers and managed to have 4 up and downs.

Driver was an issue as I was having a 2 way miss until hole 14 where I decided I needed to commit to trying to just hit a draw as the fade I had has once again turned into a slice. Hit decent drives from there on, all were good connections and most were straight to a slight draw. All finished in the 1st cut due to the last few holes having slight dog legs and the drives just running through fairways. Going to continue with this until the snap hooks come back then I'll go back to trying to hit a fade.