I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Jason.H

Visit site
Decent round today, first time in a while I’ve had control of my mind. 72 for 2 over par in todays strokeplay. Still lots of birdie putts missed by a whisker.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Straight back on the horse this morning. Decided to put a card in because
a. I usually don't play crap two days in a row, and
b. Thought it might focus the mind and provoke me into playing well.

Wrong on both counts. Four doubles in the first five holes so it was dead before it even begun. Four more doubles on the back nine put it beyond doubt. Birdie on the 13th was pure luck really (bit of a duff and run that made it right up onto the green when it shouldn't have). Only two pars all day. 90 gross for 28 points. My golf game is just dead in the water. Putting on the suddenly-fast greens was a joke, either leave it 3 feet short out of fear or run it completely off the green. Two way miss with the driver is back with a vengeance. Can't strike an iron, a mix of thins, fats, and toes.

Really struggling at the moment. I used to consider 30 points a bad round, but I think that's because I was always steadily improving, whereas this is the first time I've hit what feels like a decline.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Playing in a club comp today and losing my best score off my 20-record.
Absolute poo for 8 holes then 1-under par for next 6 holes and poo again for the last 4.

Three good things.
Only went up by 0.3 to 4.8.
That just gives me a PH of 6 next comp. (SR 132)
The good six holes in the middle included a 2.

Next 7 scores to drop off my 20 are not in my best 8, so the only way is down for the next few weeks. (Duh, that's 4 good things then)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lovely morning to be out on the course. Just me and my mate chatting away, no rush golf, enjoying the sun and the company.

Played some pretty steady stuff for a +5 75 (nett 67) which included a stupidly poor double on 17.

Interestingly, no birdies in amongst it all. Just steady par golf for the most part.

And I was having to wear a knee brace after tweaking my knee last night. Maybe that focussed my mind.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Wrong on both counts. Four doubles in the first five holes so it was dead before it even begun. Four more doubles on the back nine put it beyond doubt. Birdie on the 13th was pure luck really (bit of a duff and run that made it right up onto the green when it shouldn't have). Only two pars all day. 90 gross for 28 points. My golf game is just dead in the water. Putting on the suddenly-fast greens was a joke, either leave it 3 feet short out of fear or run it completely off the green. Two way miss with the driver is back with a vengeance. Can't strike an iron, a mix of thins, fats, and toes.

Really struggling at the moment. I used to consider 30 points a bad round, but I think that's because I was always steadily improving, whereas this is the first time I've hit what feels like a decline.
Don’t let it get too much in to your head Olly, we’ve all had that after improving for so long. It’s just this game’s way of reminding you it’s still the boss.

I went through a shocking patch just before I was in a bad accident that put me out the game for nearly two years.

Don’t over think it, golf is hard. Get the clubs out next time and just keep playing your game. It will click again.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don’t let it get too much in to your head Olly, we’ve all had that after improving for so long. It’s just this game’s way of reminding you it’s still the boss.

I went through a shocking patch just before I was in a bad accident that put me out the game for nearly two years.

Don’t over think it, golf is hard. Get the clubs out next time and just keep playing your game. It will click again.
Thanks. I've also got a game Monday so onwards and upwards. 😆

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Maybe playing on horse back is the issue

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Weekly roll up at ours today as there is a comp tomorrow. Just played a blind pairs.

Now the course is sun baked, and given the stiff breeze and brutal second cut, it really is playing as tough as I can remember it in 20 years.

Only lost one ball on the cabbage, no mean achievement given the carnage all around. On high points of the course you can stand and turn through 360 degrees and all you can see is people searching for balls.

Still, as I said the other day, if people don’t adapt to the conditions then perhaps the outcome is deserved. Even from the whites an iron is sufficient from many tees now, and it was 2 or 4 iron all the way for me today with the exception of two of the shorter par 5’s, where I went with driver, got home on two both times and picked up a couple of shots.

Given the conditions I was delighted with 34 points which, had we played a singles, would have seen me take the pot by some distance. Alas, my blind pairs partner had 16 points.

Hey ho. Great fun regardless, and really enjoyed the challenge of getting the ball round.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Lovely morning to be out on the course. Just me and my mate chatting away, no rush golf, enjoying the sun and the company.

Played some pretty steady stuff for a +5 75 (nett 67) which included a stupidly poor double on 17.

Interestingly, no birdies in amongst it all. Just steady par golf for the most part.

And I was having to wear a knee brace after tweaking my knee last night. Maybe that focussed my mind.
Some shooting that Greig :cool:

D

Deleted member 31467

You weren’t playing at Pitreavie were you?😂.

Some poor old boy was having a mare in the bunker at the 6th, must have been 7 or 8 swipes before we had to move on and leave him to it.
After 10 attempts he chipped out backwards, chipped onto the green then the obligatory 3 putt to finish. It was on a par 3 and he was already 3 off the tee having topped his ball into the bundu :ROFLMAO:

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I played Surrey National in a charity day on Friday, really tough course to play in the current conditions as some holes you had no change of staying on the fairway. New driver was good, putted well from 6ft and in, but my chipping was an abominatio.

Better than a days work!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Very strange day today.

My usual playing partner has been suffering from severe stomach cramps for the past couple of weeks and finally got to see a GP on Thursday who did some tests. He was not good yesterday and Crow is stepping in to take his place in a pairs open tomorrow.

Today we were playing in an individual open at Worksop. My PP decided to give it a go as I couldn’t get a replacement. Whilst playing the 2nd he got a call from the NHS so took the call. Based on his test results they wanted him to go straight to the hospital and so had to abandon the competition and I had to as well as he had drove us both to Worksop.

As we got back to Leicester I checked and found that there was a space available in the last group in today’s board comp at my home club. Got there with 10 minutes to spare. Therefore teed off in a comp less than three hours after starting another one 50 miles from home. To be fair to Worksop when I went in to explain the situation they offered a free entry for us both for next year which is generous of them. I also found out that the lady signing us in was Lee Westwood’s mum!

Main thing is the my PP is getting the treatment he needs and fingers crossed that he’ll soon be on the road to full recovery.

If you are wondering I scored 30pts in the comp.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Captain's Day today. Was expecting a slow one but my tee time was 13:16 and didn't get off until about 13:50 so not a good start, haha!

Played okay and got 28 points, course playing super fast and hard. Had some really good looks at birdie but didn't make anything.

Was a 5 and a half hour round, luckily the weather and company were great and everyone was in good spirits on the course.